Sunday, January 23, 2011

One Piece More: Better to have More then Nothing at All

Sometimes More is better then nothing at all. haha (BAD JOKE!)

Well originally the debut of Art Piece was going to happen this weekend but in reality I got a lazy and didn't get around to doing it. Can you blame me? This past week a lot has been happening. The Anime post  that included everybody on the blog and friends from twitter, a Manga post and then this week I went back to school. So busy busy here for everybody on the blog.

-Mikey

One Piece S3V5 Trailer
Several people this week who ordered via RightStuf (including myself) were able to get One Piece: Season 3 Fourth Voyage before January 25th. This DVD set finish off the the Skypeia arc and includes a commentary with Mike McFarland (Line Producer, Buggy), Colleen Clickenbeard (Luffy) and J. Micheal Tatum (Eneru). Also on this DVD set was the trailer for One Piece: Season 3 Fifth Voyage.

Funimation really knows how to make some good trailers because most of the One Piece trailers have been great! I may say this about almost all of the trailers and this one is no different. It is narrated by Chopper and he is explaining what is going on. This may be a whole DVD set of filler but it is good filler that every One Piece fan should watch. This set will feature voices of many characters that haven't been heard on the Funimation dub such as Vice Admiral Jonathon. The trailer doesn't indicate if we will see anything past Episode 206 but if this set does indeed contains the average thirteen episodes then it should end on Episode 208 which marks the beginning of the Davy Back Arc. Episode 207 and Episode 208 have been said to be never before done by Funimation as it has been rumor that they originally dubbed up to Episode 205 but were never able to air the G8 Arc.

Below is the trailer. Enjoy!



One Piece: Season 3 Fifth Voyage is set to be distributed April 19th. 2011. Currently can be preorder on RightStuf for $29.99

Winter Anime 2011
So when I am not watching One Piece, I like to sit down in front of my computer and watch some other animes. The start of the Winter Anime season makes it perfect to do just that. So after taking a look and ignoring all the moe and fanservice I think I found a few good animes that I could try to keep up with in the coming few months.

Kimi Ni Todoke: Season 2
When I heard that there was going to be a second season of Kimi Ni Todoke, I at once decided to watch the first season to prepare myself. I have been reading the manga volumes under Shojo Beat line and have fallen in love with the series. Sawako is just adorable.

The second season picks up after the first season and we continue to watch Sawako come out of her shell and learn more about love and friendship. Damn! It frustrates me so much since I want to see Sawako and Kazehaya to hook up! That just makes Kimi Ni Todoke a great shojo.

The only problem is that Kimi Ni Todoke isn't being stream legally anywhere and that pisses me off. I can understand why Funimation won't pick up since they are under the impression that shojo doesn't sell well but Crunchyroll is a different story. They can pick up something like Kimi Ni Todoke since they are able to have a wide selection of anime yet they decide to (once again) try to get the next big shonen and show more fanservice and moe. It boggles my mind why they won't stream Kimi Ni Todoke since it is clear that the show has a strong fan following and is ten times better then half of the things they are currently simulcasting from the winter season. Then again CR seems to not like shojo and once again they are losing on the opportunity to control a certain part of the anime fandom.

Wandering Son
This is an interesting piece and maybe helped redeem Crunchyroll a tiny bit in my eyes. The show is about a boy and a girl who have entered middle school. Both think that they should have been born as the other gender and with that comes a bit of drama. The show has an interesting art style since from what I been told it uses watercolors which explains the coloring. The show so far has been an interesting watch but also serious. Not often you get to see transgendered topics being treated with respect since most of the time it is used as a gag.

Also another thing that makes this show so great is that a character by the name of Chi is played by the same voice actress that played Nagihiko (Shugo Chara). I was able to pick off the voice almost instantly and it makes me happy to hear the voice of one of my favorite characters from Shugo Chara again. haha Also it makes me laugh to know that she is playing this Chi character since both are kind of similar. haha Awesome.

I am sure there are some other good shows from the Winter anime season such as Gosick but for now I stick with these two.

Watching anything new? Leave a comment and share your thoughts.

Anime Matsuri 2011
Please ignore that the image says 2010

Coming up during the weekend of March 18-20th is Anime Matsuri 2011! A personal favorite of mines that I enjoy and was honor to attend as press last year. The convention has been moved to The Crowne Plaza  which is a bit smaller then where it was last year but hopefully the AM staff has something plan to make everything run smoothly. On a brighter side the convention is much closer to Houston so I have no problem with that.

The guests they have coming are top notch as always. They have Mike McFarland (One Piece Line Producer, Buggy), Stephanie Young (Nico Robin), J. Micheal Tatum (Eneru, Dalton, Pearl), Kyle Hebert (King Cobra) and Luci Christian (Nami). I am very excited to see so many One Piece talent at Anime Matsuri and really hope that I get the chance to interview some of them. Stephanie and Tatum have already been featured on the blog and I would love to at least say hello to them but personally I would like to talk to Luci. We have enjoyed her as Nami on One Piece and she is very talented so this should lead to a great interview that everybody should be able to enjoy.

Currently I am trying to set up a One Piece panel for the convention and press. No confirmation on either of those but do expect me to attend the convention for all three days. The One Piece panel will be similar to the one done for OniCon 2010 except better since we were able to hammer out the rough parts. If no panel is done then expect some sort of One Piece meet up. Watch the blog for more information as we get closer to the convention.

I wish I can say to just lay back and enjoy but right now I can't do much laying back since a new semester of school has started. Surely there are a lot of others that have entered a new semester and I like to wish all of those people good luck! Things may get tough but stay strong and soon enough we be laying back with little worries! As for myself I can't afford to make any mistakes in this semester of school.

Still come back throughout the week as Sora will be covering Episode 484, Neku with a manga post and myself with the debut of Art Piece! Some great pieces of fan art has been sent and I can't wait to show it.

1 comment: