Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Manga: Chapter 587 (SPOILERS!)

SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!
Let see the One Piece manga sell like they are on fire! Buy from Viz right here!

This cover page for the chapter was very fitting seeing that these character kind of played a big part in making this chapter a good one. Dragon and Ivankov happily watering the transponder snails before they will get the device shove into their backs and be forced to work for the humans. haha

It is a good cover page since seeing Dragon on it was the last person I think would be on one. Then compare him to the rest of the snails and Ivankov, the guy looks pretty happy. haha
"Little Noble Girl: "Umm...Father, why aren't the people in Trash Mountain human? " Why are they being burned up?
Noble Father: "We call this 'Getting one's just deserts,' my dear. Think about it, it's their fault for not having been born as nobles in the first place."
Little Noble Girl: "You're right! They really should have been born as nobles! What fools!"
It is amazing to see how these people think and rationalize why things are then passing it along to their kids. This is just proof that kids are raised a certain way and not born. I am betting that her father may have asked this very question when he was younger to his parents and got the same response. They are completely ignoring common sense and acting as if we have a choice in deciding where we are born into. That his little girl could have looked at what parents to be born from and just decided to be a Noble, That is just crazy thinking but judging from the Celestial Dragon and going to say that this is just something completely normal. That I had the choice to be a son of a rich person and could be living the easy life but I decided that I wanted to be a son of a family where I have to work for what I get while being a poor college student. haha SCREW YOU NOBLES AND CELESTIAL DRAGONS!

I was hoping to see this little girl to have a moment and realize what was going on was wrong but I was mistaken. I remember in the last chapter that Dragon mention that even the kids are noticing what is going on. Kind of wishful thinking that there were more kids then Sabo thinking about what is going on. Then eventually in the next ten years we see some sort of huge revolt from the new generation. Still doesn't seem like it.

Speaking about people who are getting their 'just deserts', seems like Bluejam is getting his. He is being screwed over by the king and now by the fire. Doesn't seem like he is going to turn out too well either too. Though the guy is being a jerk all the way though. Pushing little kids for money and then attacking them. I am saying that Bluejam is making a run for the jerk of the year.

Kind of ironic since after this scene with Bluejam, the Little Noble Girl and her dad were talking about people getting their 'just deserts' and here is Bluejam getting his. I want to laugh but that may be a bit too much for the poor fool.

Though the big thing about this moment is Ace using Haki and at a young age. Pretty impressive for the little kid and makes you wonder why he didn't do it before. I wasn't thinking about it and just took this as a sign of how power Ace would be later on in the series. Still if he could have done this then why didn't he do this before while he was going to be executed at Marineford? Some of the things I am offering to explain this is that Ace wasn't efficient in using and controlling it due to his age. Ace at Marineford hasn't used it that much and master it to call on it upon his free will while some of the older people in Whitebeard's crew were experience enough at it. Just me thinking is all like I always do. This also includes me making up just as I go. haha

Once again Dragon has done more then safe a few people! He saved this chapter! I admit that this chapter wasn't all that great. It showed some stuff happening and resolve how Ace, Luffy and Sabo escape a possible painful faith but it wasn't anything awesome compare to what we got the last two weeks.

The small little details here really made the moment here. When I was looking over this, both my and my cousin notice that Dragon's ship has a dragon figurehead to it. haha That was pretty awesome and I really liked that. haha The dragon was wrapped around it on the side as if it was swimming.

We also can see some familiar faces with Dragon like Ivankov and surprising Kuma. We knew that Ivankov was on good terms with Kuma before he became a pacifista but now we know it was because they were among Dragon's ranks. Got to say the big guy (Kuma) looks damn cool with the hood and I see that he still has the same fashion sense as he did before because you can see the ears under that hood. Then Ivankov proves to us that Dragon has been in tune with this island for a long time beside spending countless hours staring towards the east. Guess he hungers for home and/or his own son.

I feel a crazy idea of Mikey coming up again.....Damn...I thought I stop making predictions but I just fill with them now! So how about I just say what I predict right now! My bet is that Kuma became a Warlord because he was given the option. Let say that both Ivankov and Kuma were captured together due to reasons as in Kuma was trying to rescue Ivankov because they were good friends and got capture along with him. They offer the Warlord spot to both but Kuma accepted while Ivankov was sent to Impel Down. Then all this crazy junk happen to Kuma while Ivankov did his crazy junk in Impel Down.

And this crazy idea was brought to you by Mikey-san. haha

Though I really wonder where did the title 'Kuma the Tyrant' came from. If Kuma was helping people rebel against the World Government then how is he being a tyrant? Is it because of his power? Just wondering.
"I wonder if the guys from Trash Mountain got away alright!?"
-Luffy
Luffy showing that he cares about others at a young age. Now I am for sure over thinking this but I can see where some of the people from Luffy's childhood have influence him a bit. Dadan staying behind to help out Ace seems like some of the things that Luffy has done for his crew. Luffy putting himself before his crew in order to ensure their safety. It sucks though because unlike when Luffy does it, we not sure what happens to Ace and Dadan. Well we know that Ace will be okay but not sure about the faith of Dadan.
"Someday I promise you, they will watch as I change this world."
-Dragon
Also kind of strange is how Dragon seem to care about how people are and the want to do something about it which is something that Luffy seem to have inherited. The two has never met before but it seems to be something passed from father to son. Luffy was worried about the people in Trash Mountain while we have seen a few times where Luffy wanted to do something as in back at Sabaody with the Celestial Dragons. Here Dragon is trying to save the people of Trash Mountain and claiming that he will change the world while having the people watch on the sidelines. I know Luffy will never say anything like this but he seems to have this ability to change the world without even trying. Luffy just does it.

Though in the end, this chapters ends on a happy note as we see that Sabo has decided to screw everything and just become a pirate at the ripped age of ten. I feel happy for the guy since becoming a pirate with no money is better then being forced to be a certain way in order to be happy. Some of the things that Sabo's dad said towards the end is sickening. That making his parents happy will make him happy too. It should be that Sabo's happiness should make them happy but whatever. I am sure that his dad will be in for a surprise in the morning. Heck, the idiot dad said he was glad to have the replacement there in front of Sabo's face.

The flat may be a bit bad and looks as if a ten year old drew it but at least Sabo is happy which means we may see him again in the future. Once this is done all we need to do now is wait and see what happens to Ace and if the Celestial Dragons will appear. So many things could happen in the next chapter and I am just going to wait and see.

Some more notes on the blogging side here. Since I am going to most likely still be under a con hangover from AKon 21. There is going to be a guest blogger to do next week's manga chapter. This is an attempt to give me some time to relax a bit after the con while at the same time try to work on the AKon con report out in a week. I am not sure if I will do it in a week but sure worth a try.

So till next time where we may sail off to the sea!

No comments:

Post a Comment