Friday, August 31, 2012

One Piece More: Three Years- Towards the Light


The world! What a glorious place! Seek freedom and it will lie stretched out before your eyes. If the endless dream guides your restless spirit Seize it! Raise your flag and stand tall!

I feel as if these words best describes the idea for this site. Everybody on this site has a dream that guides us towards something glorious. It has been three years since I have raised our flag and I am happy to say that we are still heading towards that dream. A dream where One Piece fans can have a site where they can talk about the series they love.



Another year has passed and this site is still going. I have to admit that the past year has been a rough one. The anime reviews has dropped to almost nothing and we have been late on manga reviews. I have not gone into too much into detail as to why. All I can say is that a mix of real life and site side things has happen. Even with those things happening, we are still sailing along looking for a brand new world that had been hiding.



I dislike making promises because sometimes they can become empty words. You never know what will happen. Instead, I would like to thank everybody who has been here though the past year. This goes for Neku, Sora, Dsaftler, Zenith, Derek and all you readers. I simply ask that you stay with the site and keep doing your best to make the One Piece fandom strong.

We are about to head into our fourth year and this is the one that counts. Many blogs only make it to this point of their journey only to be crushed by the weight of a violent sea. We are going to sail though this storm by continuing to give you enjoyable content. We have our weekly series The History of One Piece by Zenith and you can count on us to cover each manga chapter even if it is late by a week. Things are beginning to settle and I hope this will lead to good things to come.


This year has been good so far for the US One Piece community with the release of One Piece: Season Four and the announcement of Season Five and Strong World. The fandom is strong and it is all thanks to loyal fans like you. Stay with us because we have some great things to show as we....

See the light I have searched for everywhere

4 comments:

  1. Since last year, I am proud to say I have introduced a handful of people to One Piece, and thus far all of them seem really pleased with it.

    For starters, there's my friend and fellow singer at Barbershop. He was also a huge Avatar The Last Airbender fan with me, and seems to have taken to the show with much enthusiasm. I left him with a copy of Collection 2 so he could finish up the East Blue Arc while I was going to be away for a week, only to find out that he had watched all the way through the end of Alabasta online by the time I got back.

    I then loaned out the show to my old friend from college and her sisters. While they openly have some issues with the shows pacing which is fair, they seem to be fond of it and taking it in at a decent pace. They love the spirit of the show and it's sense of adventure.

    Then I convinced my cousins who are only 6 and 8 years old to watch the show, and surprisingly enough, it got them to momentarily stop watching Spongebob. Actually I told the older one the best way to get involved in the series is to read it. He's a very smart kid, so his mom is in process of renting the manga for him at the library.

    So yes, I am slowly yet surely introducing new people to this wonderful tale. Good luck to everyone at One Piece At A Time. I enjoy chating it up with each of you, and hope you guys stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is pretty cool to hear. I am glad to see that there are people trying to get others to watch or read the series. It is a hard task to do.

      I am glad that you have started following the site and leaving comments. I love comments so keep reading and we keep writing.

      Delete
  2. Hey guys, so I wanted to bring something to your attention about One Piece that reeeeeally got on my nerves.

    I realized that both the Anime One Piece Collection 8 and the Game One Piece Pirate Warriors are going to release this month on the 25th. Guess what else is releasing that day? The Avengers

    ...Okay so One Piece already doesn't sell well in the states as it is, but just to make sure it doesn't make a single cent, they decide to release both the Anime and the Game the same day as the Biggest Movie of the Year.

    ...Um, Funimation, Namco Bandai, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!!!

    http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/054/c/c/Thinking_too_hard____by_somethinkewl.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that.

      To tell the truth, I don't think Bandai has much faith in a One Piece video game selling well in the US. That is why it is a download only game in the US nor getting a dub.

      As for Funi, I am guessing they had this date planned for months now due to how they been releasing the Collections. To move it up or back a week just may mess up the rest of the releases for that month.

      In my personal opinion, Bandai doesn't care what Funi does so they do things how they want. They could care less if the Avengers movie is out that day. Funi may end up not liking that idea but they figure it is too late to do anything. Marvel doesn't care because they are bigger then both.

      I wouldn't say that One Piece doesn't sell well in the states. It has sold well enough to get new seasons release (4 and 5) and a new movie. This is just one of those unforeseen things that happen.

      This what may end up happening. Fans have either already preorder their C8 and don't care about getting the Avengers movie because they saw it in theaters. Or they will get both or they will just not get neither and just wait a few weeks to get them.

      If I was going to get one of those things then I would have gone with C8 because I just don't collect movies. Still, I already own those sets via Voyage sets so I am passing up on C8 and saving my money for S4V2.

      Delete