Sunday, August 7, 2011

Anime: Post Marineford Arc- Episode 508

Franky believes he is especially SUPER this week. I care to disagree. See why at OnePieceOfficial.com. Be there, or be a weather-studying wizard-dressing scientist.
First Thoughts
Well, I was really sad (for personal reasons), because I got interrupted while just starting this episode, so I had to wait a few extra days before getting back to it. So sadness there on my part while having to wait on such a good thing. On the other hand, I have given this episode an honorary title: Being Mean to Old-Dudes. First with Nami especially…but then even Franky was mean a bit too…but I have decided that I really like all of the old-dudes in this episode. Yup, I love all of the old, wizard-dudes on Weatheria now. They are so sweet and awesome~ And that Kitton kid’s grandpa is really nice too~ Yay~! Seeing Vegapunk’s laboratory was, in a word, an honor. It really stuck me though, and I am not quite sure on how to feel about the end of the episode right now though.
Oh yeah, and I checked out what Mikey started last week for the new format on the Posts, and I wasn’t quite sure how to re-create that in my own way yet, so I just tried my best with it. Okay~
Summary
Rayleigh presents Luffy with a difficult (mystery) decision he must make while Hancock, her sisters, Grandma Nyon, and Jinbei watch on.
Nami attempts to leave Weatheria immediately after reading about the end result of the Whitebeard War and the fate of Luffy’s brother, but her inexperience with the island’s forms of travel keep her grounded. Her hasty actions freak out the elderly researchers and they throw her in jail; luckily they are really softies and quickly release her after learning what prompted her hasty actions. The moment she is released however, her true intention is revealed as she bursts past the scientists, grabs her giant backpack of stolen charts and knowledge of Weatheria science, and grabs a protesting Haredas to get her off of the sky island.
Upon hearing the news about Luffy, Franky tries to locate a ship to set sail to Sabaody Archipelago. To his irritation however, the island of Baltimore has only two forms of travel off the island: a cargo ship which only arrives once monthly or the Marines who visit on occasion. After learning that he will be stuck on the winter island for at least 3 more weeks, the cyborg rushes off to Vegapunk's laboratory to locate an ice breaker to escape the confines of the ice-encrusted island. Kitton's grandfather warns Franky not to break anything, or to touch the self-destruct button within.
Upon entering however, he is pursued by the local Marines, since the laboratory is a priceless treasure of Vegapunk's vast knowledge. While running from the Marines, neither Franky nor the Marines can shoot, should they distrupt or bring harm to any inventions or notes inside. Franky notes how special such precious notes are, as he is an engineer and understands the worth of the knowledge here. Leaving the room he was hiding in, he sees a large, black, square, button on the wall, that happens to have the skull and crossbones on it. Believing it to be the pirates symbol, he presses it, causing the whole compound to be destroyed in a huge fireball. Baltimore's Nightmare, as it will later be known, has been caused.
Thoughts
Please Let Us Know What Is Going On Here Already...
I first looked at the summary of this episode and promptly did two “?” signs with my eyes (yes, like with Nami’s Beli eyes). Nami is totally on the Safest island of all of the scattered crew. How the Heck could she not leave if she wanted to? What is up with Franky? (oh wait, I always ask this question~). I did not know that the Strawhats had done any of these things, and was intrigued as heck to see what occurred from their attempts (by attempts, I mean Attempts, seeing as I have a spoiler for the final outcome…hehehe). And thus…onward with the episode!
So I am looking at Luffy’s reaction to whatever Rayleigh just offered…and I am looking at Hancock who is standing next to Luffy…and I am looking at how much older…and bigger Hancock is than Luffy…and then I am thinking about how Hancock is like in her late-twenties and how Luffy is 17…
Yeah, Hancock must have a thing for younger, naïve guys.
But…back to the actual plot here. I have a basic understanding of what Rayleigh offered, but only for the end result. I really don’t know how it comes about or what the rest of the crew is doing or will end up doing. Also, big important thing for me: why precisely did Law leave? I mean, it might just be because Rayleigh said what he was gonna ask Luffy and Law decided he wasn’t needed as a doctor anymore…or something. They are being annoying and kinda vague right now, ug.
Respect Your Elders
Oh! They are growing funny bubbles in a garden! So cute~
WAH! Gasp: It is a really creepy and ugly old dude! The dude with brown hair, Gasp! Freaks me Out~
Awww~ Nami probably stole a ton of stuff…and beefed up that backpack to carry it all…hahaha, these poor old-dudes are funny~ Poor old-dude getting spun around like that…but still, I am very curious as to why Nami isn’t supposed to leave…I guess I will find out soon enough…it is probably something to do with their collection of weather notes or something...I will bet she stole a lot of them...dang.
Ahk, Nami…she is freaking out all of the poor old-dudes…~ Hahaha, poor old-dudes…~
OH! So many “Oi”.
Ah! This episode is totally deserving of the (excellent) Tag “Abusing Old People”. Nami is so rude to the old-dudes, hitting them on the head~
What…what’s Wrong With Stealing!? Gods, Nami…you sure do know how to ruin a good thing…dang, she is so Mean to these old-dudes…awww, that is awful! She should apologize profusely…poor old-dudes…they are all so awesome. Neh, Nami should apologize. She is being a meanie~
Ah, finally. She uses her Words. Thank you, Nami. See kids? Violence towards the helpful, nice, and kind elderly old-dudes is Not good. Use your words and Explain Yourself. Duh.
Oh…I have thought about this before only briefly but…those crew members who had met Ace before and liked him are going to be hit rather hard by this. They even met Ace, unlike Robin, Franky, or Brooke who never really knew him at all. They all ought to know how hard this was on Luffy, but still…for those of the crew who were there to meet him and see how close they were…especially after realizing such serious stuff happened to Luffy while they were away…it is going to be hard on them. Poor Nami…
Awww, all of the old-dudes are freaking out because Nami is so sad and crying…~
The music playing right now is really appropriate for the moment, and I like the shading done for Nami’s eyes. This is portrayed well in the animation (not like I even know what happened here in the manga, hurrah for no spoilers~)
Awwwwwwwww~~ So cute~~~ The old-dudes are all freaked out so easily now! They “abducted a young girl AND made her cry!” Hahaha, this is really funny because it is really cute…but at the same time sad…because normally Nami would be pretending to cry to get out of something, but for this…it could be real. So it is sad…and all the old-dudes are acting hysterical with their error. I really love these old-dudes now!! And they are releasing her, and-
She tricked them. Of course. You see above how I predicted this? Sucks for me. Of Course Nami would totally be mean to the awesome and sweet old-dudes. Meanie face Nami…
Oh…so she wasn’t pretending after all…that is good, at least. Still…she should be nicer to such nice, albeit a bit quirky, old-dudes…
Franky Is Not So SUPER This Week
Dang Franky…it seems like all of the crew members, in their haste to go be with Luffy, are being extremely RUDE to all of these kind people who are helping them out or being kind to them. Gods. I hope Robin isn’t going to be like that. Or Brooke. Brooke is such a gentleman…and Robin is awesome, so I don’t think they would (I hope they wouldn’t) do something rash like these other guys so far…gods Franky, scaring that little kid!
But still, it is hilarious because the old grandpa is all calm about it.
Aww…that is probably the actually scariest face I have ever seen Franky make. It is sad, because it is real anger/intense-ness…aw…
Wait. WHAT!?!? The heck…why doesn’t the “Future Land” island, the place where the freakin’ greatest scientist in the world was born, have a ship? The heck…
Oh, okay. That makes more sense. Still, Franky hasn’t Totally spazzed out at the nice old guy, and he actually has a short time-span that he needs to wait to leave to Sabaody, only three weeks. I was worried that all of the crew members would find out that they were completely unable to leave each of their separate islands, and that would be lame. But, as it seems to be turning out now, each one has a different amount of time they need to wait before leaving, which is much better sounding in a storyline. SUPER~
Wha- Tea!? Oh man Franky…he is Still being really mean to this family, scaring them like this and freaking them out…
Eh?! Oh nice…so Kitton didn’t even tell his grandpa about them sneaking into Vegapunk’s old laboratory…way to go on safety, dude and little dude…hahahaha!
He walks outside…and is cold. Duh. He is totally dressed inappropriately, for like Tropical weather Franky! A Speedo…freakin’…nice.
Oh beep…I didn’t realize it…but I should have thought about it…of course the Marines would have a base on Baltimore if Vegapunk’s old lab is there. They would definitely want to protect or guard it from thieves or bandits or something…or from crazed, Speedo-wearing cyborg shipwrights who bust in…so this is really bad for Franky now, even if he is wearing appropriate clothing…
…oh. Of course he still only has a Speedo on…SUPER~
Awwww~ Yay, Franky respects all of the awesome technology around him too~ Yay!
Hm? The mountain…now that you mention it, I had wondered what was with its shape.
…AWWWWWWWW~ So Tear-Inducing~~! Wah! I Really like Vegapunk now~ I wanna meet him SUPER bad~ Wah! If Franky approves of him, then so do I. Yup!
Wait…so Vegapunk never comes back to the island to visit? What happened to caring so much about his home and his people…aw…I hope he comes back soon…but then, what was it that old man said? A “self-destruct button”? Why would Vegapunk have such a horrible device in his precious laboratory?! Those are only ever used in last-minute defense, to prevent thieves and bad people from ruining your work. But…it destroys all of your work as well, so it is extremely bad to have a self-destruct button…
Of course, now that the old man has mentioned that dreaded button…of course some idiot will press it. I really hope not though…Franky could learn so much from Vegapunk’s store of old knowledge…plus, this lab means so much to the islanders…it would be such a colossal waste to have it all be destroyed…
Hm…I have been thinking about how all of the islanders consider Vegapunk, and even looking at how the Marines have been treating his name…and I think I am very impressed by how much reverence they are giving to this great, knowledgeable man. I mean, sure he works for the Marines and all, but he is a genius, right? And he has helped a lot of people. Yes, he has made annoying or weird things (like having a gun eat the Dog-Dog Fruit or a sword eat a Elephant-Elephant Fruit…), but he has found great technologies, like using Sea Stone to protect ships from Sea Kings when crossing the Calm Belt.
Of course, for some reason he was the one turning Kuma into a full-fledged robot…but I don’t know fully why he did that yet, so I still want to ponder that one some more. I just really like how much everyone is appreciating the intelligence of this man, and not hiding, or destroying it like the government has done to so many other things and people. So this is a really positive thing I am seeing from the Marines right now. It makes me happy~
Oh yeah, just a little fun thing I noticed but…did anyone else notice that the room number Franky hid in is Room 8? And that Franky is the eighth crew member in Luffy’s crew? (Eight also happens to be my favorite number…SUPER~)
Of course, it makes me especially happy when the head-Marine guy for the Marine base on the island radios in to the pursuing Marines and tells them what happens if they break even one thing of Vegapunk’s…!
Franky is showing a lot of respect for Vegapunk’s work, which is great. I myself am really wishing I could get a hold of some of those notes…I bet they are fascinating. Haha, I really like learning too much, haha!
 
… … …
… … … … …
FRANKY!!!
Not. Super. Definitely. NOT. Super. Today. Franky.
…sadly enough, this is definitely reminiscent of when Chopper saw the skull and crossbones next to the mushroom in the Quack doctor’s book and then made that soup from it…so I am doubly as depressed now…especially with the super depressing music of sadness…
Hm…confused, because obviously Franky can’t be dead (because he is Franky), but also because no real ‘serious’ music is playing. Just sad music, and everybody’s reactions are more shocked than anything else.
"If I press that button by some chance…is it gonna be my fault?"
~Franky
YES! Yes it is. I seriously looked at the screen with this exact expression on my face: What. The. Beep. Franky!!!
…Baltimore’s Nightmare…oh gods Franky…okay, so now a spoiler I have for further in the series makes sense about Franky. I did not know exactly Why he had done that to himself…but now I know…oh Franky…this is singularly the stupidest thing he has ever done. I mean, he has done a Lot of stupid and foolhardy things in this series, but this takes the cake easily…gods, Franky, you are very Un-Super this week…
Preview
Almost-Late Post, no need today~


Thanks for coming out to watch this episode, and read this Post today! Enjoy the next all-new episode of One Piece, and hope you return to read all about it here, at the Blog!

2 comments:

  1. I am now convince that Eiichiro Oda writes every single one of the Wetheria Wizard's actions for the sole purpose of trolling Nami. And you know what, she diserves it, because it's the only joke her character has, and after 508 episodes, it's starting to show. You put it very nicely when you mentioned that she's on the safest most convenient island of all the straw hats, yet every time we see her, she has to find something to b**** about.

    I get that she doesn't have a frame of reference to really see what the others have had to go through, but how does withnessing what happened to Luffy at Marineford bring out her worst qualities (as suppose to Usopp where it brought out his best)? What happened to her policy of only stealing from pirates? Seeing how attentive and sympathetic the old men were, she could have very easily just ASKED them to bring her back. All she would have had to do is very calmly and sincerely tell them what has happened to their friend, and they all would jumped on board getting her back to Saobody. Hell, they probbaly would have just given her all those charts and knowledge as a parting gift simply out of the kindness of their hearts.

    But nooooooooooooooooo.

    In the case of Franky I'm just like... "ugh, really?" I mean it's one thing for an eight year old Chopper to get the skull and crossbone symbol confused for something not dangerous, but Franky's a 35 year-old man. Common! ****ing! Sence! For a while, I thought he'd be one of the straw hats that wasn't a complete idiot, but now, I really don't know what to think.

    In the case of Vegapunk, I myself am very curious to meet him. For some reason, I can't get the Mechanist from Avatar The Last Airbender out of my head when I think of him. I could be wrong about this, but I'm almost afraid that the World Government might be forcing him to mass produce these Pacifista's against his will, and that maybe, just maybe, blowing up the factory will turn out to be the best course of action from preventing the marines from stealing any more weapons and escalating violence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S.

    Concerning Hancock, I am less concerned how a woman in her late 20's falls in love with a 17-year-old boy, and more confused how after this boy has selflessly rescued the lives of Nami, Princess Vivi, Conis, Robin, and Caimie from the worst fates imaginable, (four of which are an appropriate age), how is HANCOCK the first women to fall in love with him (after he shamed her culture, insulted her in her face, and beat her sisters to submission nonetheless)? Sure, Robin get's off because she's older and more of a maternal figure to Luffy, but the other four, what gives?

    That's why I'm all for Hancock, and if the day comes I get to hear her shout "I am gonna be Queen of the Pirates!" That will rank as one of the most epic moments in the entire show.

    ReplyDelete