Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Anime: Impel Down Arc- Episode 433



First Thoughts
Aww! Poor Buggy. Luffy doesn't remember your Buggy Ball from way back when. haha Poor Buggy. A tear is running down my face right now for  you. I remember your Buggy Balls. They made a big kaboom. haha

Still what a great episode! I was all fired up for this episode because of when I saw it in Shonen Jump and boy did this episode not disappoint. I love it all and all from beginning to end. Seeing Luffy and Bon Clay along with Buggy and Mr. 3 in this episode was just awesome. Reading the manga chapter only made watching this episode even better and got to say it is the best so far of the Impel Down arc.



Summary
Luffy and Bon Clay defeat the Blugoris that had corner them.

Magellan prepare his forces to counter Luffy and his group of escapees.

Hancock leaves Impel Down.

Luffy, Bon Clay, Buggy and Mr. 3 encounter the Minotaurus on the way to Level 4 and together defeated the Minotaurus.

Thoughts

Cool scene of the week! Was going to be the opener image of this post but as you can see I found something even better in my opinion. haha Just seeing Luffy and Bon Clay fighting together made this episode for me along with everything else that was shown in this episode. Coming together to beat a common foe. How nice eh?


Wow! These came out great animated! Heck if it wasn't for the Toei logo on the bottom then I could use these for backgrounds. Still don't let that stop you for doing that!

I just love these guys and how they took their pictures. Buggy and Mr. 3 try to look so tough while Bon Clay is just so happy. haha I would take these guys serious if these pictures were shown on the TV.

Seems like people are enjoying themselves in prison. Why our boys in prison stripes (and Luffy) are risking their lives, the other people are just getting entertainment from this via Hannyabal.

I wonder where did these guys got a Black Den Den Mushi. I mean does Kizaru just walks around Impel Down sometimes and gets lost. Then from the time that he is lost to the time that he finds himself loses the Black Den Den Mushi and one of the prisoners just finds it. Hmm...That sounds possible. I mean Kizaru doesn't seem like the smartest person when it comes to communication. Seeing that the guy can bary talk to begin with...haha

I think I could go on for a while ripping and making fun of Kizaru but I think that is enough for today. haha


TONIGHT! The Tonight Show with Magellen and Hannyabal! We have Monkey D. Luffy!


Mr. Rhino that is covered in shadows!


 A Koala I think also cover in shadows!

This show will come on soon to a network near you.

Also I am sorry for my readers outside of the US since I don't think anybody is familiar with The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and now under Conan O'Brien.

Still seems like Magellan is gathering his forces and make sure that he counters Luffy and his band of prisoners in a corner. Still I was finding myself just laughing at Sadichan as she was doing her moans and stuff in front of Magellan. That was so funny to me. She was actually acting like this in front of her superior but I guess she gets the job done. haha

So if what doesn't kill Luffy and gang on Level 3 then there is always Magellan and his group of guys that will kill Luffy and them on Level 4. Nice plan. How can this go wrong! Well let just throw in a Monkey D. Luffy wrench and see! haha



Something to know about the Minotaurus is that the club it is holding is actually a spiked club in the manga. Something I notice when reading Shonen Jump this past week. Still I think it be really hard for Bon Clay to get back up if he had a spike from the spike club to hit him the way it did.

Still it is about time we see one of these beast. I was kind of getting tired of just looking at their shadow out forms. Also I find Minotaurus funny looking.It is just a cow that can walk on two legs. I was hoping Luffy would say something about it be a cow but really. I guess some jokes are not needed when in a prison setting. Sigh...

Still that Minotaurus was really fast. I mean he as moving as fast as Luffy is in Second Gear.  And speaking about Second Gear....


Damn that looked cool! I knew how Jet Bazooka worked but it just looks so cool that Luffy just shoots a blast of air at the guy. Heck you can see the smoke ring right there and where the attack actually hit. I just love when this kid goes into Second Gear. Such a cool technique and attacks that come from this change.

Still big Minotaurus got some good distance on him didn't he? haha Also that bridge he hit actually look like it was suppose to get hit by the big guy. It was all discolored and all too compare to the rest of the walls and such.


Oh Come My Way!

Seeing Bon Clay throw a hissy fit was hilarious.Then out of nowhere he goes all serious like that. I am really wanting to make Bon Clay my with that eye tinkle there to be my avatar on Twitter. I think it would be funny. This scene here is one thing that I am hoping to see dubbed. The guy that plays Bon Clay in the Funimation dub does such a good job and if he can pull off a hissy fit then go to serious then that would be amazing.


Well now we know why Level 3 is so hot. All the hot air from Level 4 goes up to Level 3 to make it feels so sunny. Still I can't wait till we see Level 4. I want to know how this place will look like. Will there bit all fires and junk? Will the prisoners be in pain as they scream due to the feet being on fire? How will Magellan and his men withstand the heat of this level?

I just remember but Magellan's office is on this level. So that means it is the coolest place in the jail.

Also if this map is correct, wouldn't it be better to just walk around the hole and go to those stairs? I mean maybe that is where Magellan and his men would expect but then again. It seems safer then maybe joining into a pool of boiling blood. Maybe that is just me.


IT'S A TRAP!

IT'S A TRAP!

Sorry for the redundant there. I couldn't help myself. I found it way too funny not to do it again. Heck I did it when I was watching the episode the first and second time. Still maybe I am killing the joke....haha


Well we finally get our first look (if you don't count the new opening) at Ivankov. This person has a nice smile eh? Huge! Big! In charge! haha I can see we are in for a ride when we get to this character in the anime. haha

Still I am loving this play on the word queer. Queen of all the queers. haha Wow....I mean I was kind of expecting that they would change the thing to "OH COME MY WAY!" or at least crossdressers but this is just as good. I am loving Funi's unpredictable translations of this term. Still I am sure there is some bases on when they are using the term queer and also I think these translations are coming from Toei so no complains here I guess.

Still I think this is a good episode. haha


ACTION STAR BUGGY!

Now this is when the episode takes the step from awesome to greatly awesome! When the whole group comes together to take down the Minotaurus. First we get Buggy coming in using his Muggy Ball. Boy did it look cool to see that little ball just blow up in that Minotaurus's face. I don't care why or how Buggy was able to sneak in or make such a dangerous thing while in prison but heck. Look at Crocodile! He has as hook in prison. Then again...I think it may be impossible to take that hook off. Still that was just so cool.

Then we see Buggy just looking at Luffy and them with his smile as the explosion is behind him. Wow. I think Buggy is very under appreciated by the fans. Heck if the guy was able to pull things off like that and look cool then he is okay in my book.


Still it seems like Buggy's Muggy Ball wasn't enough to take out the Minotaururs as it was able to get up. Still you have to admit that the big cow took a beating from that bomb. haha

Though the awesomeness of this episode continues as the rest of the team comes together and takes out this Minotaurus. Hit after hit after hit the big cow took without even firing an attack. This little team up here at the end of the episode just wrapped up the episode just nicely. It could have been done differently but really it is nice to see it happen at all.

Still I find it interesting that Luffy remember what Mr. 3's power but not what Buggy's signature item? I mean you think that Luffy will remember a huge explosion or something compare to a hard piece of wax. Still I guess since Luffy used the hard piece of wax before that it clicked faster. The guy is more hand on I guess. haha


As I said before. A good way to end the episode. The big bad Minotaurus got beat. The guys are all happy and ready to move on. I am sure Buggy and Mr. 3 will have a problem with that later but for now they are all happy. I like this in an ending. haha I mean so we got Ace hosting a pity party in Level 6 about Luffy coming down for him but who cares about that! Luffy and the guys beat down that Minotaurus and we can be happy for some cool action! Yay!

Preview

Happy day! Happy day! Happy day! Finally we get a decent preview that isn't three seconds long....Still those three second long previews are much better then some of the previews that some of the Winter Anime has been showing me. *CoughSoraNoWotoCough*

I mean I liked some of the scenes that I was seeing from the movie but well...I want my next episode preview time please. haha

Still as one can see from our 30 second preview, we are getting a lot of stuff next week. We see that Magellan's guys are just comfortable in Level 4. So I guess those clothes are all weather purpose or something. Nice because I want some of those too for right now. Damn cold where I live and hands are freezing as I type this. We also see the Mystical Beast (or what is left of them). It also seems like Level 4 is the working level where it is nice and hot. Oh...hot....Still overall looks like a party for Luffy and friends.


And seems like our guys here are all into falling into this party. Can't wait to see what happens next week.

Also it seems like Mr. 1/Daz Bones is going to appear in the next episode. He seems to like working there. Nice for him! Also I don't think Mr. 3 powers are going to be much help here. Unless it can hold for three seconds here like it did in the opening there.

I just don't believe they are willing to fall into the level when there seems to be stairs there. Oh well! They don't know about them and this seems like more fun! Till next week I guess! haha

1 comment:

  1. Man, keep up the good work, i read ur blog all the time,,
    keep it up..

    Be Maji :)

    ReplyDelete