Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Manga: Chapter 570 (SPOILERS!)

SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!!



"That is no "skill" or "technique"...But the simple ability to turn those around him into his allies...I would call that the most dangerous ability in this entire ocean...!!"
-Mihawk from Chapter 561


Remember this qoute that Mihawk said almost ten chapters back? About how Luffy seem to be able to get just complete strangers to gather around and help him out. Well this chapter is just more proof to that testament. One after another, a Whitebeard member or friend jumped in the way and took care of any obstacle that came before Luffy. 

Still what is that bring people around Luffy? The Will of D? King's Disposition haki? Luffy's charming personality? I talked about before concerning Luffy's crew on how most of them didn't want to join Luffy's crew but were eventually pulled into it by their own  choice. Is this what Will of D is? The power to draw people to them and have them band together to a common goal? It seems like Whitebeard knows what the Will of D is. We know that Gol  D. Roger had it so maybe Whitebeard knows what it is from all the times they fought. King's Disposition?  All we know about this kind of haki is that it lets Luffy shoot out a his 'will' out and hit people from far away. Does it also draw people together?
"He doesn't realize it! It's still a dormant power but no wonder attracts people!"
-Ivankov
Ivankov makes it seems like this 'ability' or power or whatever Luffy does to get people around him is because of haki. Maybe since we know nothing about haki. Heck we are still trying to predict and guess who in the past had it.
"Just try it, little brat...! If you have the 'Will of D', then show me what's after this era!"
-Whitebeard
While maybe it is just me but Whitebeard makes me think it could be Will of D. Another thing we don't know much about. We know a bit more about it then haki but still. Does this count as something?

Seems like this chapter just gave us something else to wonder about. I always looked over the way of how Luffy got former enemies and people against the idea of joining him. I mean I noticed it but I didn't think much about. I found it funny. Still now it seems like we are getting the blanket pulled over our eyes to see that Luffy may have something here. Here in Marineford and back in Impel Down, Luffy has gather people that he has never met and some of them even wanted to kill him before to rally around him and give him an opening to go save his brother Ace.

So enough about that subject. We had a good chapter this week right? Those three weeks without One Piece was really worth it don't you think? We got this amazing chapter. I mean Luffy just went in there running with full horsepower. Still early in the chapter, Ace said something that made me wonder. When he saw that Luffy used his haki, he said "You too?". Does that mean Ace has haki or is he referring to Whitebeard's haki? Another thing that we have to wait and see I guess. Is it just me or a lot of people are getting Haki here? I hope not.

Still seems like the Marines are not treating Luffy like a real threat now that everybody knows that Luffy has haki. Though I don't think it is mattering much since Luffy isn't going to be given the chance to attack anybody since now Iva and Whitebeard's men are supporting him. Heck he even has the big guy Whitebeard there supporting his back.

Speaking about Whitebeard. Does anybody  find it a bit creepy that Whitebeard is fighting and if you look into his chest that there is a while circle there? Is that where Squado stabbed the old guy? Is Whitebeard becoming a hallow? (Bad Bleach joke!) Still wow. The guy has something keeping him up. Still the guy just swings his spear and yells to his guys to support Luffy. So once again we have something to tell us that Luffy will be here for a good while.

Though Whitebeard seem to have faith in Luffy and there we have proof that Luffy has once again won over the heart of Whitebeard. The guy knows that a new era is coming and I am guessing that he is using Luffy as a preview to see what will be there since maybe the old guy doesn't think he will be there to see it. Surprising to believe but it could happen. While Ivankov is thinking that this is a test from Whitebeard to see what Luffy can do. I guess they are one in the same.

Though I think when Mr. One and Crocodile just came and countered Mihawk. The world greatest swordsman attacks Mr. One and it seems like Mihawk can cut though steel too but then Croc comes out of nowhere and takes the hit with his hook. Very cool. Very cool! This is something that I hope we see more of.

Also remember what I said about Croc a few post ago during that week where we had no chapter...Yeah....I can see support for that here but I won't go into detail about it. All I am saying is that Luffy even got Crocodile. The guy that left Luffy for dead in the sands of Alabasta. The guy that poison Luffy in a battle in the deep ruins. Told his right hand man and intercept an attack for Luffy just so the little guy to go save Ace. A commander of Whitebeard. Another person that Crocodile hates. Wow. Whatever Luffy has is pretty powerful.

LOVE IS A HURRICANE!

Then we see scenes of Hancock as it seems like she is taking care of a lot of the Pacifistas. I guess that no matter how powerful they are. Nothing can overcome the power of man...or woman here. I am guessing we may not see much of the Pacifistas for a while. I also love how Hancock is just riding on top of her snake all sexily like. haha Nice.

Then did you see Inazuma's hand as it came out of Ivankov's hair. I was laughing so hard there. I mean literally there was a hand coming out of Ivankov's hair with a glass in it. I stared at it and wonder what it was. I didn't know nor get it then it clicked. Everything made sense. We finally find out what happen to Inazuma when the ship went down due to the firely rain of the Red Dog. Apparently Ivankov's hair is so thick and big that you can carry full grown men in there who are carrying a glass of wine without spilling anything. Okay. I buy it. I totally see that happening. Why not. Totally believable.

Though I wasn't sure what happen next. Maybe because there wasn't enough panels to show the actions or I was still in shock that Ivankov was hiding Inazuma in his hair. One of the two. Maybe both but I had to look at the panels to see that Inazuma just cut the ground to make a path for Luffy to go up there to the execution platform.

Then if things weren't crazy enough! Vista comes out of nowhere and slices a cannonball! Whitebeard slashes Kizaru (not the kick in the face that I wanted but close enough. Still I am going for the kick in the face)! Sengoku is just standing there!

THEN GARP COMES! Like a falling cannonball Garp comes and gets in the way of Luffy. Seems like the question that I been wondering will be answer now. Will old man Garp be willing to fight his own grandson?

Oh yeah...Buggy appeared somewhere there. Meh. He did nothing much. I just hope he does something next week.

So now we are left with Garp being one of the VERY few things in Luffy's way to saving Ace. After this it seems like there is Sengoku and his hidden Pwngoat. I am not sure if we will see a Luffy Vs. Garp match but from the look on Garp's face it is going to be hard to fight his own grandson.
"I won't move Luffy! I'm the vice adminal of the Marines Headquarters!" 
-Garp
Sounded more like Garp is saying that to himself as a way to pump himself up. If you remember a few chapters back, Garp didn't seem like he wanted to fight his grandkids much less see Ace there in pain. So will Garp halfheartly fight Luffy or is something going to happen to keep the two from figthing? I mean a few weeks ago we heard Sengoku saying that they will enter the fight (or sounded like it) and still Sengoku is still there without punching anybody. Won't be the first time in this arc we get mislead. haha


QUAKEPUNCH!

Had to do that somewhere in this post since it was done in the manga. haha Just couldn't find the right timing to do it. Still we had an awesome chapter. I had no wonder to describe how good this chapter was a few hours ago on Twitter and I still don't have any actual words to say about it. It was just a great chapter overall. Maybe it is because we went without a chapter for three weeks or maybe it was just a great chapter or maybe both. Still till next week as I hope we will get more answers to our questions and maybe closer to a conclusion. We see.

No comments:

Post a Comment