Thursday, January 21, 2010

Manga: Chapter 571 (SPOILERS!)

SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!!

I clearly walked away from this chapter with a smile on my face. There was a grin from ear to ear when I saw that last panel for this week's chapter. I just felt so happy to see the ending of this week's chapter and really I don't think I have ever felt this happy since I started to read (or more like blogging the manga since I started to read the manga because of this blog) the One Piece chapters.

I really don't know what was making me so happy though. I mean it just felt so strange to feel such happiness after reading a One Piece chapter of recent. If you look back at the last few chapters, you feel excitement or dread after each chapter. Sometimes even a mixture of both! Though this week I felt happy and I guess the only reason is because for once in a long time. A truly good thing to a character has happen. Ace is finally free from the chains of the Marines. I mean he and Luffy (and Mr. 3 with the rest of the pirates there) still have to get away from the Marines but really Ace is finally free and the guy looks as happy as a little kid on Christmas day. Well looking at the last panel, his face doesn't look happy but really this was a heart touching moment I believe. The two brothers are finally reunited and we can maybe see this whole thing wrap up soon.

I mean there is nothing really wrong with this arc in particular but don't you think that it is about time we leave Marineford? I am so getting tried to being put on the edge of my seat each week because I am not sure how much more my little heart can take of this. haha
"IT. IS. GLORIOUS."
-ZeroXOmega from Twitter
 And boy was it! I am sure you all have already know how happy this chapter made me already. Still the rest of the chapter was just things that made this chapter glorious. The ending where we see Ace finally free with him holding on to Luffy made it glorious for me. Then the fact that we see such a huge family involvement in this chapter. We started off this chapter with Garp and Luffy facing off and ended it with Ace and Luffy as they run off from the platform.

The battle between Garp and Luffy was short but to me it was long enough. The last few chapters we been witnessing some of Garp's uneasiness about this and finally we see him do something not too long ago. The whole ordeal must have taken a toll on him during this and the last chapter. I mean the guy really sounded like he was taking this serious to me for a while. I am sure that he was but it seems like the grandfather/father in him stopped him. I can only guess how hard it was for Garp and Luffy though. It sounded as if Luffy really didn't want to fight his grandfather. I am not sure who flashback that was but really it all didn't matter as we saw those two run after each other. Luffy in Second Gear and Garp just with his fist flying. One was pushing the other to fight while the other was saying that he couldn't fight.

Then in one punch. It was all over in a two page spread. In the end, Luffy was able to knock down his own grandfather. I am sure that Luffy didn't want to but it was made clear  that it had to happen.
"If you can't do it, that simply means Ace will die!!!"
-Garp
Sounded as if Garp made it clear to Luffy that he had to be defeated if Ace was going to be saved. I am sure that we all knew that Garp didn't want to see his grandchildren get hurt much less see Ace get executed. Though that statement above was Garp forcing Luffy to fight him and telling Luffy to save Ace. In the end, Garp's plead to rescue Ace got though to Luffy because that old man just flew into the ground.

As in aftermath, I am sure something will happen. I notice Sengoku's face back in the two page spread. It seems like he realize what Garp was about to do. I am sure that Garp will face some sort of punishment from Sengoku later but for now it doesn't matter. That is the last thing on my mind right now.


Right now I want to take the moment to officially announce that Sengoku does not have the power to create PwnGoat(s). I am sure that the One Piece community is in mourning because of this news and I am with them too. I was so hoping that out of nowhere Sengoku was going to pull out PwnGoat and fire beams of fire from the mouth of PwnGoat or at least come in with PwnGoat riding on his back of vice versa. haha

Still to tell the truth. I don't care about the revealing of Sengoku's ability. I am sure that it is a big deal seeing that one of the Marines had said something about it being his  first time seeing Sengoku's ability but really I don't care. Right now it is an unnamed ability which means it isn't important enough to know at the moment. I am sure that later on it will be named and explained but to me right now I am guessing that if Oda didn't take the moment to explain/name it then I shouldn't care right now.

Though one thing I do care about Sengoku whole ability reveal is that we see he has an afro. haha Afro Sengoku to the rescue! haha Just take a look at the picture above to see! Afro Sengoku!

Still enough about Afro Sengoku. There is that damn loser Kizaru. haha What a douche bag!

I mean the guy just like turns around and shoots a laser beam to destroy the freakin key! I don't believe it! How did the guy even know that Luffy had much less pulled out the key! The damn little loser! When I saw this happening I was thinking that junk is going to fly. I don't believe it. I was actually thinking that since Kizaru had destroy the key that the rest of the chapter was going to be Luffy trying to avoid being double teamed by Kizaru and Sengoku but thank goodness for the next page!

I don't care how Mr. 3 got up there or anything but really! I am so glad that he was there. To me Mr. 3 was responsible for making me smile at the end of the chapter. So thank you Mr. 3.

To tell the truth I didn't realize that Mr. 3 was disguise as one of the guards until I started to type out this post. Till now I was thinking that Mr. 3 somehow found his way to the platform and just got hit when Luffy shot out his haki. Now looking back I can see that he was disguise as a guard. haha How silly of me for missing this. haha. Then again I have mention that one reason why I don't like the manga is because it is easy for me to miss details because of how things are drawn.

Though I am sure many people are wondering why Mr. 3 was there on the platform and that it was convenient that the guy that could make any kind of key by using wax just happen to be there. Well I would like to throw out a theory as in why he was there. I think Mr. 3 was there because he was only fulfilling 'avenge' for Bon Clay.
"If the reason I am here right now was to avenge my fallen comrade. Would you laugh at me, hmm?"
-Mr. 3
Just wow. I wasn't there for the part where Mr. 3 said that he never thought of Bon Clay as a bad guy but I am sure that Mr. 3 was there only to help fulfill Bon Clay's wish of helping Luffy rescue Ace the only way he can or could. If anything that flashback helped me realized that. haha Still we all know that Mr. 3 isn't a fighting type of person. He relies on underhanded tricks and such to do his work. He did it back at Little Garden and was going to do that back at Rainbase (which if you remember he was later force to make a wax key to get Luffy and crew along with Smoker out of their cage (Just watched this episode on my new One Piece DVDs)). I am not sure what Mr. 3's plan was when the blades were coming down but I trust the guy had something planned to buy time to make a wax key. Mr. 3 isn't the type of guy to go into things with a half baked plan.
"You've always been this way. Never listening to a word of what I say...and always overdoing it!!!"
-Ace
The part that made me smile from ear to ear. I was just so happy to see this happen. Just seeing that Luffy, Ace and Mr. 3 were all okay was awesome to see. Luffy with a huge smile that just seem to have found it's way to my own face. Then the beautiful flames that surrounded the big panel on the last page to show that Ace was able to use his flame powers. Awesome.

I don't care what happens after this chapter. I am sure that we are in for some sort of sadness after this but to tell the truth I am think we were due for something happy to happen. We been pounded with one serious bad turn of events after another and finally we get just a happy moment. It does turn the tide of the war but really I don't care. I am just so happy to see these two brother together again. This also may mean we will see the end of this arc but right now I am just happy to see Luffy and Ace together again.

Also I have been hearing rumors that there will be no new One Piece chapter next week. If so then this reunion will continue again two weeks from now. If so then I am happy that this week's chapter ended on a happy note. So be happy! Not sad! haha

2 comments:

  1. Great post man, indeed this chapter was the most happiest chapter ever... wen I first saw the last panel I stood up and started shouting " YES.. YES.. FUCK YES.." god how happy I was..

    nyways,, keep on the great work ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ahmed

    haha I hope you did that in private. Wish I could have done the same but I was in a public computer lab. Strange looks would have been given to me. haha

    Thanks. Make sure that I will.

    ReplyDelete