Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Anime: Marineford Arc- Episode 470

Has your head been stuck in a hole? Go to OnePieceOfficial.com to hear all about what you’ve missed!

First Thoughts

I was really surprised, I didn’t expect as much as did happen. Mihawk’s part was great, I loved how serious he is. Haha, he reminded me slightly of that Hawkins guy who is one of the Supernovas with all his talk of fate today. Anyway, I really was glad that they got quickly into the episode too, no long intros or anything this time around.

All-in-all, a really great episode. They showed most all of the people, Luffy was really cool at most times, and the initial scenes went by rather on-time and didn’t dawdle around. The ending was really surprising, and excellent as well. I actually loved Buggy’s little recon-mission thing. …Actually, the whole part with Buggy. Yeah…

Summary

Mihawk decides to see what Fate has in store for the rubber-man as he attempts to slice him up. Luffy thinks fast on his feet, and also gets a few of his friends to help out when he starts to lag in battle too long.

Crocodile swears at Doflamingo, Mihawk slices an ice-mountain in half, Hancock has fantasies about her cooking meals for Luffy as his wife, Buggy tries to get famous, Coby doesn't get mentioned by me, Mr. 3 is a pessimist, Ivankov gets confused, and Kuma is multiplied. Ah, the epicness.

Thoughts

I really was impressed by how quickly they started in on this episode. They didn’t do any background or anything, which actually made me think that something interesting was going to happen in this episode. One of those foreshadowing things.


Gotta say that I loved the curving back-and-forth title on here; it was really unique, and the graphics used made Hawkeye look great. I still can recall this part from the manga, but I think that the animators did a smashing good job of getting the action down. It swirled around, and the music was very dramatic and threatening as well. It was a lovely picture, really.

I think that Luffy’s chanting on “I gotta save Ace” is getting a bit old. But…well, I just thought of something. His chanting this all the time might actually distract him from the battles around him enough to just focus on his goal, so I guess the annoying chanting is okay.

And…back to Ivankov’s battle. Kuma is still unnerving me, if only for the reason that I want to know exactly what Vegapunk did to him. It is a technical, nit-picky thing yes, but I crave knowledge and I just am wondering about how much humanity he still holds onto, if any at all.

Well, let me just say that if I ever want to get Ivankov angry at me, someone remind me not to. Jeez, is he scary when like this! I mean, he’s not even really serious-angry, wow.

I suppose that Ivankov is one of the best representatives of my theory that if you are strong enough and epic enough, that you can get away with doing anything in One Piece. He really is the prime example…wow…

And there is Mihawk, standing there epic-ly, his abs totally lined and ready to heroically tear down any opposition. In this case, Luffy. This is just such a great, epic-looking pose. I cannot help myself, look at those washboard abs!

Those two New-Kama dudes really stood no chance. I mean come on, I cannot see Mihawk remembering every one of the people who he’s trumped. My sympathies lie with Hawkeye on this one.

Woah, Mihawk is really living up to his name, isn’t he? Those eyes are really terrifying, and I’m saying that based on a computer screen image! Plus, he almost chopped Luffy in half, when the kid was like an entire half-a-battlefield away. Wow.

Luffy got stuck…

I am really impressed with Luffy’s ability to dodge this, and apparently so is Mihawk. He looks very surprised that Jimbei is defending Luffy, which is really cool. Their fight here, with his sword and the Fishman Karate is really cool. Still, Hawkeye is something to be able to trump Jimbei, but I knew that when he fell into the water that he would be okay. Still, I’m not too sure on Luffy still…

I want to know how Mihawk could jump that high. And NO, the Law of One Piece doesn’t count as a good answer. Yes, anything that can happen will happen normally is true, but still! Restrictions should be set! Mihawk shouldn’t be able to do that. I can’t do that, dang.

0.o Well, I must say that for a second I had forgotten about this moment and almost freaked, but then I remembered what I had already read and breathed a sigh of relief. Ha, it was funny because when I first read this chapter, I seriously thought that his arms really had been sliced off and I panicked. It was funny.

Still, Luffy’s face here is priceless.

I gotta say, turning the force of his attack to the ground is a good tactic, but not one that would let him actually win the battle. He is aiming to distract and flee, which is of course obvious so that he can move towards his main goal. He is lucky so far, any “regular” dude with a devil fruit power and a lesser sense of honor would be hard to get away from in the end.

Dude! He freakin’ sliced a MOUNTAIN of ice! Woah. Even Zoro probably couldn’t do that. Luffy is really to freaked to be impressed, and plus if it hadn’t shattered into fine sleet, it would have totally crushed everybody. Oops, there were still a few chunks left, my bad!

Oh Buggy…I face-palmed quite a few times. Although it did impress me how all of those guys were able to keep quiet, still. Oh Buggy…of course, now starts the comic segment of this episode. “Make Captain Buggy A Star in Front of Everyone” plan. Wow. Just…wow.

Strangely enough, I remember this part from the manga as well. I was really surprised, I never thought that Buggy could actually come in handy (you know, besides actually giving someone his hand…haha), but getting a Den Den Mushi right as Sengoku was about to turn them all off…well, let’s just say that next week’s episode is going to get a lot more serious.

Rally the Whisper Cry...

I’ve also decided that Mr. San  must be a pessimist. I love calling Mr. 3 that. I think that Buggy has rubbed off on me, or at least his optimistic (fool) attitude. It is still funny.

Ah! And back to Doflamingo’s offer to Crocodile. I bet that Croc is waaaaayyy too egotistical to want to actually join up with someone else. It is odd though, it seems like Doflamingo has bad history with Crocodile. …well, Doflamingo seems to have “bad history” with everybody. I mean really dude…

This scene is really amazing though. They are randomly holding this pleasant conversation while Doflamingo is just holding back (and sitting atop of) this Commander dude, and then Crocodile goes and uses Sables on him. Jeez buddy, he needs to get some stress relievers or something, haha!

Really though, this scene seems to be foreshadowing the ever-enigmatic Doflamingo’s plans on the future. He is so interesting, but of course Crocodile would never work With someone. No, they have to work under him, because he thinks that he is better than everyone.

Oh Buggy…sigh, he really did ask for it though.

Back to Hancock. Oh jeez, another one of her fantasies. Haha! I laughed so hard when she accidentally said “husband”. Oh man, poor Smoker. He takes everything so seriously. He won’t understand…wow, her fantasy is really freaky though…but, this pic below is probably the nicest (happiest) I've ever seen her, so I had to add it.

Wow…she’s taking this so seriously…haha, and then Smoker can’t get whether she wants to fantasize or fight, and then she gets all defensive and freakishly scary again. That is awesome. Haha, I think that if she got together with Luffy (which will never happen in a million years, unfortunately for her), Luffy would totally make her be a better person. Heck, just these fantasies and being Around Luffy is already (kinda) making her a little better. …maybe.

Gotta admit, Luffy’s one heck of a good dodger. Well, if you get hit, then you can’t fight, and Luffy needs to fight.
Oh my…ah, the epic-ness….

Oh Luffy…then he just swishes his hand through the freakish open area…oh that is so weird, hahaha! I really do like Buggy, he is funny. As much of a freak he is, he hasn’t done anything…um, really, Evil. So I like him. His comic-appeal is his redeeming quality, so that is how Oda has salvaged him from being…well…not-cool. So, Buggy is officially Totally Cool. Now.

AH! Close up to the face! Watch the face, not the face! Haha! Oh man, then Luffy just chucks Buggy at Mihawk, oh man. Dude, I didn’t even know how a human dude looked that sliced up. Wow. As freakish as it should have been and seems to be…it was hysterical. I laughed so hard, I fell out of my chair. And that is hard, since this is a plushie armchair too. So wow.
So I’m sitting here, and Buggy uses his ridiculous Muggy Ball. I look at this picture, and I say to myself: “Oh, if I were Mihawk, I would just lightly let the ball bounce off of my sword and right back at Buggy.” And then this happens. Oh yeah.

I feel like an idiot because the first time I heard Buggy’s joke about the Muggy Ball, I didn’t get it. Wow, I think that I lose like 3 points in the intelligence category for that.

I like how Marco just says that to Vista. All kinda normal-ish, like “Oh yeah, Pops said we can’t let that guy die, go back him up.” Awesome. Plus, I was glad that Vista got to fight with Mihawk, since he is a swordsman. Still, he is going to lose (Hawkeye IS the greatest, after all), but hopefully he won’t die.

Things are looking positive at the moment. All of these people, coming to back up Luffy. All of these comrades he can pick up so easily, all of the people he can rally to him. I am worried about that fact. And not even because of what occurs later at the end of this episode. No, I am seriously worried for them all. Tell me that I’m paranoid, but I just have this odd feeling that something really bad is going to occur if/when/how/after/during/before they rescue Ace…

This is the reason that I support Mihawk. This is the reason that I really like him. He is observant, and intelligent, has honor, and is strong. He notices things, and I really like that about certain people in One Piece. I hope that if/when he is defeated by Zoro, that he can be on friendly terms with the Strawhats…although I cannot really see that happening in reality, I believe that he is a valuable ally.

Oh, this part has great music by the way.
A formidable ability indeed, one that all true heroes have.

That was a beautiful scene. Loved it.

…Buggy and Co. randomly are falling from the sky. Wow. (Face-palm) Of course, he has one in his hands. Wow. Talk about dumb luck.

Ah, now here is the serious narrator/announcer person. They skipped it at the beginning for a reason, of course. This episode changes things, really important things are occurring. Awesome.

I really like how they orchestrated this, and of course the feeling is totally ominous. A nice round of flashbacks to epic moments and character appearances, and whatnot other important events.

Still…oh no, the executioner-peoples are there…this is going to be just like Roger’s execution…except, you know, with a huge epic war going on in the foreground.

Hmph. Talk about an “honest” government. Yeah right, the Beeps. Jeez Sengoku, I thought you were better than that. And here comes the big one. A beeping army of Pasifistas…oh nuts.

I like how Luffy is understanding this and Not Ivankov. It is kinda amusing in this very serious moment.

I gotta admit, there have been some pretty epic poses in this episode. Mihawk (multiple times), Hancock, Luffy, even Buggy, Doflamingo, Sengoku, Marco, just to name a few.

A very awesome episode, all-in-all.

Preview

Well, so it looks rather serious, Sengoku is yelling orders, and pirates are fleeing for their lives at the mercy of the mighty Pacifistas. Being driven into the bay and away from their already destroyed ships, the pirates look like their extermination has begun (at least, that’s what Sengoku said).

Mihawk continues his fight with Vista and Whitebeard strategizes over what to do next. And whatever happened to that one guy with the crazy tongue action going on?


Next Episode: The Extermination Operation Begins: The Might of the Pacifista Army

Can't wait for next week, and you shouldn't either! Hope you stop by again to read up on our comments here, but most importantly watch all your One Piece at OnePieceOfficial.com. Bye!





No comments:

Post a Comment