Sunday, October 24, 2010

One Piece More: A Storm is Coming

So currently I am facing a storm of stuff from everywhere. There is school work facing me on one side raging for me to get hammering on it while on the other side a storm known as OniCon is slowly brewing. Lots of busy stuff for me but surely it is like this for everybody too. There is always tons of stuff that is raining down and the best we can do is stay strong during the storm until the gray clouds disappear.
-Mikey



OniCon
by Mikey-san
OniCon is only a week from now during October 29th-31st. Lots of exciting things are happening especially with the announcement of J. Micheal Tatum (Voice of Eneru). This is a very exciting since Tatum has been one of the voice actors that I always wanted to interview. Everybody has told me that he is a huge One Piece fan and loves to dub the show. Now that his role as Eneru is now being release on DVD I am sure that this guy is excited. If all goes well then I will leave with an interview with him and you guys will be able to read the words of 'God' on this blog.

In other OniCon news, I haven't gotten any word on the time of the One Piece panel that I will be hosting at OniCon. Currently the presentation for the panel has been mostly completed and I have all prizes (except one) that will be given out during the panel. All I need now is the time which I will share with you all once I have been told. Personally I be fine with any time as long as it isn't during the cosplay contest since in the past that part of the con has been one of my favorites to cover during the Con Pieces. It is something that I don't see other blogs don't do but I find if fun. Also cosplay contests I found are just another way to see how much One Piece fans have impact the con scene.

I will be representing the blog all three days doing a lot of things. On the list includes volunteering for the convention, doing press stuff, hosting a panel, taking pictures, live tweeting and having fun with friends. I said this on Twitter and I say it here, I am the stupidest man in blogging. haha Then again some people may see this as commitment so that sounds just as good too. haha Also I will be cosplaying and the outfit will depend on certain things. Saturday I will be group cosplaying with my friends as Mikado from Durarara while Friday and Sunday are uncertain. Depending on the day of the panel and my little brother, one day I will be dressed as Luffy (not sure which one) while the day I bring my little brother I will be cosplaying as Ikuto from Shugo Chara while my little brother will be Yoru. If my little brother doesn't come then I may just do Luffy for Friday and Saturday.

So if you see me at OniCon then feel free to say hi. Maybe I have a gift for the first person to find me. Maybe not. Worth a try and I do like to say hi. If you guys want to have a dinner or lunch or breakfast meet up then I be fine with that. Lunch would do since that is always forgotten at cons. Still I hope to see tons of One Piece fans!

New Trailer for S3V4
by Mikey-san
Currently many One Piece fans are happily getting their One Piece Season 3, Third Voyage DVD sets from Right Stuf. Many great things are within this set but one thing that is on this set that hasn't been on the Season 3 sets were One Piece trailers. It uses the first cover art that we saw for S3V3 though it is unknown if this is the final cover art seeing that it was also used in the S3V3 trailer (on both Funimation YouTube and on Hetalia S1 DVD set).

The trailer for this DVD set looks epic awesome. Colleen (Luffy's VA) sounds a bit off but really in reality after a few listens you can see that it actually sounds pretty good. The trailer has a serious theme going on as we watch Skypeia coming close to it's destruction while Luffy is preparing for his bout with Eneru that will decide it all. Then the background music for the trailer sounds awesome and whoever makes these pieces need to be given a raise for creating such an awesome trailer.


Video provide by Jacob Paschal

One Piece: Season 3, Fourth Voyage contains the reminder of the Skypeia arc. That includes the Luffy's fights with Eneru and all of the Norland and Calgara flashbacks episodes. One Piece: Season 3, Fourth Voyage will be released on January 25, 2011 and can be order via RightStuf.

Mikey: So may everybody stay strong during this storm that is either happening or about to come. May you be busy with schoolwork, 'work' work, cosplays for future cons, or whatever you do. Just remember to have fun! See you all at OniCon!

No comments:

Post a Comment