Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Anime: Marineford Arc- Episode 486 *Late*

This is the face your boss makes at you when you are late for something...or you know, trying to kill you. Scary… OnePieceOfficial.com has all the details for why villains who uphold Justice make this face though. Enjoy.

First Thoughts

Ah, this is so late…(as usual), again. But this episode is (almost) worth the wait. Not as epic-ly exceptional as the prior episode, but still rather important. It doesn’t get thru much action, but certainly hits on some crucial points, and the end really picks up the action nicely. I was overall rather pleased with the episode in general. (It holds no comparison to episode 485 however, that episode was kick a--.) Makes me hate Blackbeard all that much more, haha.

Okay, so this episode was great. It was really important and turned out to be a lot better than I had previously thought. I just had to re-watch it like 7 times or something, haha.

Summary

With Whitebeard’s death, the world celebrates at the peace it should bring. However, the threat of Blackbeard still hangs overhead, an unknown in the equation who has yet to show what he is truly capable of. Buggy makes a short appearance, deserting the Den Den Mushi while retreating, and the Warlords and Crocodile stand watching Blackbeard’s next move.

While Luffy is carted away by a sorrowful Jimbei, he is still in danger however on the edges of Marineford as Aokiji makes a sudden appearence to freeze the bay and for the risen Akainu to renew his assault. Sakazuki is after blood, the blood of a Dragon’s son. Blackbeard has several Aces up his sleeve (oh the horrific irony of it all) and pulls one of them now: he has discovered a way to take Whitebeard’s Devil Fruit power and use it as his own along with his own Darkness Darkness Fruit. Episode ends with Blackbeard's confident declaration to the entire world that he is going to dominate it.

Thoughts

Well, I’ll be brief today on this episode. And not just because I am late and hurrying this. Because I am, but that isn’t the reason! This episode was cool and all, but ep. 485 just was phenomenal, I am so totally jealous of Mikey…but anyway, that is the real reason. This episode didn’t cover as many crucial points as the previous episode did, and it was more comical.

Starting off, I am extremely glad to see that the people at the archipelago are still getting feed from the Den Den Mushi at Marineford. That is really important. What I am ticked off at, however, is how extremely HAPPY they all are at Whitebeard’s passing. Yes, I can understand that to most of them he was just a symbol of ‘evil, oppressing pirates’ and that they just want peace, in any form or manner applied. So they kinda have me there. I am glad to see, however, that they are at least registering this new, larger threat that Blackbeard is totally going to pose right now.

I also liked seeing Rayleigh watching the monitors as well. It reminded me of when he spoke of Roger’s death.

AH! Doflamingo and the Warlords finally showing after all this time was surprising, and I had been waiting for some reaction fairly soon.

Blackbeard is going to try and overshadow the huge event of Whitebeard’s death with his own up-coming, a good idea to any strategic person seeking immediate attention. So he has a good plan there. How far he intends to push this idea, however, remains to be seen. Even I don’t know, with my extensive amount of spoilers.


Oh, I hate Akainu so much right now. He is absolutely Cheating. No fair: if Whitebeard tries to kill you, you should stay dead. Stupid Admiral…

Wow, Finally Buggy “reveals his true colors” to his new crew. Let’s see how far their devotion gets them now…


Oh wow. Yup, that was certainly…different. Compassion towards a fellow pirate…wow. They really are desperate to cling onto those stubborn beliefs of theirs, aren’t they? I’m just extremely glad to see that the Den Den Mushi will continue to pick up the scene at Marineford. That is really good.

This part with Blackbeard is quite ominous, and mysterious. It bugs me, I really dislike his crew’s attitude as a whole, and individually. Yuch. Blackbeard’s udder lack of respect really ticks me off big time. He respects no one, and just messes around as he pleases. No sense of honor whatsoever. He can’t even respect the body of his former captain and “father”.

Shiryu’s confidence in their crew is really overpowering. NOT. “Are we gonna disband if this doesn’t work out?” Wow.

I liked seeing that exchange between Ace and Jimbei in the jail cell. It was really a show of good standings between the two pirates. Made me rather pleased.

Hey, if the rest of the Warlords (and Crocodile) got to show a little earlier, why not Hancock? (Who obviously is gonna root for Luffy from now on)

Now THAT, I did not expect.

When I noticed that heated up rock next to Aokiji’s face and realized who it was, I thought “hey, that is a really cool effect!”. Alas, I still HATE Sakazuki…

Now this explosion was cool. Really unseen, but still cool. Akainu is SO cheating. One should never return from where the great and awesome Whitebeard banished them. That is the whole point of ‘defeat’ and ‘banish’.


I really have only one spoiler for how Jimbei is gonna get out of this predicament with Akainu, and that is only the appearance of somebody, not what occurs in the situation. Well, this is certainly, erm…Heating up fast, isn’t it?

This scene with Evil!Akainu is so totally epic. Without even meaning to be epic. It just…Is.


Ah jeez fellas…they are making me really sad/happy…aww…everybody is going to protect Luffy as the last part of Ace now…aww…it is incredibly touching…

I don’t think that Akainu has a molten-lava tongue. Oh no. He has a silver tongue for spinning words ‘just so’ and being cruel to rile people up.

Hey! It’s Ivankov and the scissors-man! Awesome! That was unexpected, but greatly appreciated by all, I’m sure. And…I’m quite sure that if/when Luffy escapes from Marineford alive, that Akainu is gonna make it his own personal life-goal to hunt down and kill Strawhat. Dang…talk about having a leech on your tail…you know, one that is really strong…and persistant…and on fire…mustn’t forget the on fire part…

Ooooh. I see where Ivankov is coming from now. Of course…since no one really knows much about Dragon, I wonder how much he really ‘cares’ for his son at this point……..but still. It is more a matter of pride, commitment, and loyalty than anything else.

Ooooooooh. I really like this line.

Hm…Blackbeard’s cronies just reminded me of something. That mime-guy keeps mentioning about ‘shows’ and ‘performances’…like a circus. So, he is like the mime/clown/second-ringleader, the guy in the mask is the strong man, and that lady with the big nose and weird voice is the bearded lady.

Huh. I make Really weird analogies sometimes. Anyway, back to business.


Oooooooooooooooooh. Intensity increases. Unfortunately for me, I already had a spoiler for this, but the effect it had on others was new to me. I am curious, however, and extremely so if I do add, on How exactly Blackbeard is able to pull off this power, as it is a solid fact that you cannot hold the powers of two fruit users in your body. Hmm…

The sheer weight of the situation still does not totally move past me however, and I remained as in awe as the rest of them at this mighty display of power.

Again, Shiryu’s confidence is staggering. NOT

Double Darkness Boil and Tremor (my bad take on Shakespeare)

Why is it that the guy with the octopus on his head seems to have more sense about the Laws of One Piece than the actual Universe does? Nice.

? Teach’s body is a bit different than ‘normal’ peoples…? What could that mean…hm…well, the only way that could work that I could come up with……hm…if he were a human Chimera, it would work…it is a real condition that people have that is too long to explain my theory now, but it involves a base in the myth of the mythical Chimera, a beast with a lion’s head, the body of a goat, and the tail of a serpent. Basically, 3 creatures in one. So, if each creature could have one separate Fruit…and Teach was a ‘human’ Chimera…then it could work. Maybe. Just my best guess on the matter.

It bugs me to no end the impudence of this man. Seriously? He is so horrible/odd…there he is, BRAGGING and being extremely excited about what he did. So proud of his power…it is really the opposite of what normal villains would do in his position…I am wary of this one…he is unpredictable, and that is trouble…

Oh yeah, I’m scared now. Blackbeard has totally declared outright WAR upon everything and everyone, now that he is supposedly invincible. Gods that is bad…

I do like the extremely ominous ending however, with Helmeppo and Coby’s comments and the declaration, and especially the light shining down on Blackbeard. Great effects all around. All-in-all, I do think that this episode is really much more important and good than I initially determined it to be. It was really important, that is for sure. Glad to have covered it, late as it was.

Preview

I believe it is rather safe to say that there is no need for a Preview due to the late-ness of this post, so I apologize once more for that.

Oh please do return for another review of an episode of this fabulous show! Better yet, keep watching it for yourselves at OnePieceOfficial.com. That would help a lot actually...haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment