Monday, February 7, 2011

Art Piece: Where One Piece and Black Butler Come Together


Alright, Sora here with just a few examples of some of the fabulous artwork of dedicated One Piece fans. Yes folks, this is the one and only, the amazing, spectacular, (finally), The Art Piece! As exciting as this sounds, well, it is pretty cool. Here for your viewing pleasure we are exhibiting some of the hard-work and effort of One Piece fans from around the globe as they show their devout appreciation for One Piece in their fan-base with some artwork.


This is gonna be a rather short post today, so beware. (Haha, of course, this is a nice breather considering the length of my usual posts, for readers and myself alike!)

So here I go, gonna be an Art Critic, oh boy. Remember, this is my untrained, unprofessional, personal opinion. PLEASE DON’T KILL ME! (*hides*) I can only come up with so much to say, and thus proceedings from here shall remain rather…random in length. Enjoy everybody, this is only for fun after all!


Pen Name: Thehypersonic55
Location: UK
Website: http://dude446.deviantart.com/
 
Here is a nice old pic of Luffy by TheHypersonic55 at his DeviantArt. I like the old pose, and the art style is rather cool since it is digitally created. Rather a good likeness, if I do say so myself, haha!
Pen Name: Allyluvsu13
Location: Texas, USA
These are a few pics sent in by Ally. I couldn’t help but put up a pic of Buggy, especially in one of the few times he isn’t doing something stupid. He is actually being serious, or as serious as a man with a red nose can get. That was a great scene for Buggy, and so is this picture. I know that everybody likes Robin (some people *cough cough men* for different reasons than others), but I like her because she is a great role model, and awesome. She is just plain awesome. This is a very good drawing of her, by hand it isn’t too bad. Rather good actually. Great really. I really do like it. It looks just like her.


Needless to say, this picture by Ally via her DeviantArt is rather entertaining to say the least. I don’t really think I need to say much, as it kinda speaks for itself, haha! It is really a fun imagine to see little Chopper like that, and Kami Eneru…oh man! A very cool piece.

Mikey: For those that can't tell this is actually based on Black Butler. A special request that I asked Ally to do via Twitter and I am amazed at who it came out. Those that don't know, the Funimation VA for Chopper (Brina Palencia) also voice Ciel while Eneru's VA (J. Micheal Tatum) does the voice Sebastian the Butler. The overall piece is really good and I have to say that Eneru is one hell of a God. Back to Sora.

Pen Name: Sango Lilth Kisaragi
Location: Spain
Sora: Then there were Sango’s two beauties. To be fair (since I am the only girl here) I wasn’t going to only show guys, as Sango’s artwork of a few female characters is very impressive. However, this picture of Luffy and Zoro is truly the best picture I saw. The shading really did it for me, that coupled with the expressions and style was extraordinary. I couldn’t help but put it here. Of course, I saw at Least 10 other beauties besides these. Being perfectly honest, though I won’t comment on which they were.

That picture of Trafalgar Law is just me being a fangirl, however. Hee hee.

I appreciate how rather accurate Sango is trying to be to Oda-sensei’s original formatting for character drawing, and they re-create it rather nicely in most of their work. They also have a rather good assembly of different works, not like 100 sketches of Luffy (although those are often quite nice…*grins*) I like how sharp the images are, and the facial expressions. They are very good with expressing the body language of the characters, a feature I much appreciate.

Last but not least, hehe, is something I personally did, shown at my DeviantArt. If everyone else gets to showcase their great artwork, then so do I! Of course, that’s not necessarily saying that they are great…haha, or even good for that matter! They are just something small I drew up quick the summer of ’09. Here are my own drawings, Devil Fruits I created, the Hari Hari no Mi (Crystal Crystal Fruit) and the Akuma Akuma no Mi (Devil Devil Fruit):



I want to thank everyone who submitted pieces for this, I hope you are all appeased and satisfied with your artwork. It really was all wonderful. I didn’t see one work I didn’t like, even the stuff that didn’t get onto this post today. Thank you all so very much again, and keep working on One Piece art! You are all so talented, we here would love to show the community more of your work!

Mikey: I hope you all like the first of what will be many Art Pieces. This will be a monthly segment were we will show off some cool and interesting One Piece fan art. if you want to be part of Art Piece then please send us your fan art to OnePieceAtATimeBlog(at)Gmail.com and the information below:

Pen Name: The name you want to go by.
Location (Optional): Where you from
Website (Optional): The site that host your art if there is a place EX: DA, Photobucket, Etc...
Art: Links to your artwork you want to showcase in the monthly Art Piece. Also could attach them to email. 
Send us your pieces of fan art and we do this again next month!

4 comments:

  1. Weeeeeeehhh!! I'm there!!

    haha I must say I felt soooo very honored when I saw my pics there... and, Sora, your words were too kind, they made me blush! I'm glad you liked them, though I must say the quality of the pics wasn't perfect...

    Thank you so much, guys! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fanart! Some really solid stuff here, can't wait to see more! :D

    ReplyDelete