Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Anime: Post Marineford Arc- Episode 507

Be passionate about your love! Watch the newest episodes of One Piece on OnePieceOfficial.com

First Thoughts
You know....it is scenes like the one above that help 'inspire' the boob fan art that you see all over the place. The ones where you see characters with SUPER huge boobs that in no way is possible in real life and totally look wrong.

Also those are some very badly drawn breast on Hancock. Even worse then what you see in the boob fan art.

Then again it was counterbalance by Rayleigh's manliness. So it all worked out.

Mikey's Note: Trying out something different with this post. Just play along and let me know what you think about this format. Maybe I continue this for future anime posts.


Summary
Rayleigh arrives on Amazon Lily. Boa and her sisters meet up with Luffy.

The Heart Pirates leave Amazon Lily.

Luffy tells Rayleigh he wants to meet up with his friends. Rayleigh gives Luffy a proposition.

Usopp attempts to leave the Bowin Archipelago.

Thoughts
 Who found this hot and steamy? 
Rayleigh Time
I can see a bit why people thing Rayleigh is pretty cool. When you you try to cross the ocean in a boat then decided to swim the ocean once your boat sinks. All of this before entering the Calm Belt? Then you decide that you want to take on a sea king. That is some major props especially for a man of his age. Guess he isn't a legend for nothing.

Seems like a lot of things has happen to Rayleigh while the spotlight was on Luffy during the last few weeks. The man been busy with his interesting house guest and trying to pinpoint where Luffy been.

 

First off we finally find out what Kuma told Rayleigh almost a hundred episodes ago. Turns out that 'big bear' Kuma has been playing double agent with the World Government. Turns out that Kuma is still under the Revolutionaries so not much has changed since Luffy's flashback. Kuma even wanted to help Luffy and his crew out by 'teleporting' them away. Kind of makes you want if Kuma or even Dragon has a bigger plan in store for the StrawHats.

Even more we find out that Kuma knew that his time was limited. Guess the big guy wanted to do one last good thing before he went all 'dead'. Still makes you wonder why he did it and what is the big plan.

Second we can see that Rayleigh spent a lot of time trying to track down where Luffy had went off to with the help of Shakky. In the anime we even got to see his thought process and what help lead him to Amazon Lily. The guy clearly wasn't Roger's right hand man for nothing he he was able to plan all of this out. He was able to take a clue that Kuma gave him and then come up with a good general direction of where Luffy would be by backtracking his location from the War at Marineford.

Props to Shakky for being able to get into the mind of Hancock. A women's intuition can be very powerful and Rayleigh surely trusts it. 


So what does Rayleigh have up his sleeve? The same sleeves that contain his hunky muscles? Clearly the man has a plan that involves Luffy becoming stronger. The problem that Luffy had at Sabaody and Marineford was that clearly he is not prepare to handle the upcoming threats that the StrawHat crew will face later on. Still there has to be a bigger plan here.

Something tells me that Rayleigh was the idea man for Roger. The Pirate King was the muscle and force but Rayleigh was the one that came up with the plans to execute whatever Roger wanted to do. Think of a combination between Zoro and Nami. The calm and cool of Zoro with the cunning of Nami.

Bring Down the Law
Our time with Law has now come to an end. The good doctor makes his leave in his yellow submarine. Our time with him was short but surely enjoyable. Interesting though is that Law seems very well knowledgeable about the 'Will of D'. He recognized that the 'D' in Luffy's name means something. Makes me wonder what he knows and if he will play a bigger role later in the series. The guy is maybe one of the most mysterious people within the Supernovas. A power that is hard to understand and a unique crew. Both signs to me that we going to see a bit more Law in the future.

Maybe next time Bepo.

Did I also mention I like Law's crew? haha They are not only well dressed but pretty witty. Also how can you hate Bepo? He is a kung fu polar bear in an orange jump suit. haha

 Did you know that the VA for Hancock was also Sailor Moon's?

Hancock Madness
This episode surely had a lot of great Hancock scenes. She was just going crazy fawning over Luffy. Even to the point where she was ignoring the fact that Rayleigh was there. Guessing not a lot of women are able to do that.

Still isn't it cute to see a grown woman go crazy for a teenage boy? Okay....Kind of creepy but you get the point. It is funny and cute.....If you ignore the grown woman part.

 
I find it funny as Hancock did the finger puppets reenacting a conversation between her and Luffy. That was kind of funny seeing her move her pinkie. haha To tell the truth I think that was one of my favorites parts of this episode. At least it made me laugh. haha

Hancock was surely busting on Jimbei throughout this episode. When you brought food for your man I guess you can't share it with others. It did gave us some awesome Hancock faces though. haha In one scene Hancock had scared Jimbei enough to make him chock on his food. haha

This does make me wonder about the relationships between the Warlords though. Up until a few months ago Jimbei was a Warlord. From the past we know that the World Government would call meetings but they weren't always required to come. I would figure that Hancock would never come to them due to her dislike for the World Government while Jimbei may miss some due to maybe being underwater. At least I guess that since it could be troublesome to contact somebody who could be underwater a lot of the time. So this maybe Jimbei's first encounter with Hancock in a personal setting.

Interesting to note is that apparently the Snake Sisters and Elder Nyon have all met Rayleigh and Shakky in the past. I am only guessing but they must have met Rayleigh and Shakky once they were freed by Fisher Tiger since Sabaody is close by to Marie Jois. The three sisters must have been picked up by the old man and Shakky and Elder Nyon was just happening to be staying with them after being exiled. Eventually she lead them back to Amazon Lily.

This is all me guessing so no way to tell if I am correct. Still maybe it is right. Either way the girls really do respect Rayleigh and Shakky a lot for all that they have done for them. I guess they consider them as their adopted parents or grandparents.

Now to Around the World....
Now we move on to the islands of Bowin where Usopp is at. He surely is trying really hard to be reunited with Luffy and the others. Even as a fatty he is putting all he has to not only fight against the animals and plantlife on the island but the very island itself.

Also the animation for Usopp part looks really good and better to the past times where we visit Usopp. The last time we saw Usopp the animation was really bad and that saying a lot since I give a lot of passes to the animation. At least this time he looks normal and not drawn with pencils.

"When you friend is having a hard time you should be there for him!"
-Usopp

That last line gave me the same feel that Usopp gave me back in Alabasta when was defending Luffy's dream during his fight with Miss Christmas and Mr. 4. It is moments like this that keep reminding me that I love Usopp so much as a character. One of my favorites and this moment is no different. Being a friend even in a time of need.

Final Thoughts
Props for doing a great job illustrating Luffy's hat. You can really see the details down to the tears that Buggy did to it in their first encounter. Really like the details that they put into the hat. Amazing.

Now that I think about it....Rayleigh needs his own line of beer commericals. He could be....the most interesting man alive.

Preview
Next episode it seems like we are going to go back to a format similar to what we had when Hancock and Luffy were traveling the Impel Down. If I have to guess I would think we will see bits of Rayleigh and Luffy's conversation then flash to each individual StrawHat and their turmoil. Judging by the preview I guess we are going to see Nami and Franky.

Nami seems a bit sad and looks like she is going to cause some trouble for the old men on Weatheria. I am guessing she isn't taking the death of Ace too. Clearly for different reasons that involve Luffy. Going to feel bad for those old guys.

Franky on the other hand looks a bit confusing by looking at the preview. Looks like he is causing trouble in Vegapunk's lab. Should be interesting. haha

Next Episode: Back to the Captain! Jailbreak from Sky Island and the Incident on the Winter Island!

Till next time! Maybe I keep this format. Not sure.

7 comments:

  1. I for one like this format it's neat ^_^. I really loved the episode getting to see Rayleigh again was great, I'm gonna miss Law and his mysteriousness. I loved the details on the hat so beautiful and Usopp's part made me tear up god I love him. I can't wait for the next episode Go Nami and Franky YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pirate Gandalf is back, (that's his name now). I like how he explains the situation to Luffy without making it confrontational. Luffy so much just wants to see his crew, yet Rayleigh manages to propose that he wait, and makes a lot of sence.

    I think it's very telling that of the whole crew, Usopp was the first one we saw the reaction to. This is debatable, but thorough my eyes, Usopp is easily Luffy's best friend. I'm not saying he's his first mate (that honor still belongs to Zoro), but their positions as pirates aside, Luffy and Usopp, simply as friends, are the strongest pair on the ship. You can tell by how they did everything together. They were always hanging out, running around, going fishing together. One shot in particular that perfectly symbolises that is a scene where they fell alseep on eachother's shoulders while Brook was playing the violin solo of Bink's Sake in the background.

    Man I miss moments like that. Please don't let the reuninon be too long from now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @StrawHatPirate9
    I like the format too. Very organized. Just takes a bit to pick out my thoughts and fit the images.

    I can't wait to see next week's episode with Nami and Franky. I know both are going to be good. haha

    @Gus
    Yeah. I mean normally Luffy would try to make it a fight and we see stuff happen.

    That makes lots of sense. I didn't think of it like that. Luffy is his best bud so he would be the one most eager to see Luffy after what just happen.

    Me too...I so want to see them back together. Being friends and kicking butt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.. her boobs look so much like Tsunade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Buy One Piece DVD
    In a way they do. Then again I blame bad animation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Law-sama~

    Love Law so much. When I finally get around to getting that Post up for SakuraCon (maybe~), I am definitely putting my treasured picture of a Trafalgar Law cosplayer as the Head Pic.

    I just realized that I also made a comment about Hancock's age in comparison to Luffy's age in my own Post...weird, seeing as I read your Post, Mikey, after writing that comment on my own...

    I had been curious as to those three lines, but that was cool to remember, so thanks for pointing out about Buggy ripping Luffy's hat Mikey. I was silly and didn't remember that~

    Rayleigh is totally the best old-dude of them all~ He pawns all the other old-dudes~


    Oh, and Mikey? A woman's intuition is Never wrong. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete