Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Manga: Chapter 631(SPOILERS)

SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!
Be incredible too! Get One Piece Manga from Viz!

Summary
A mysterious figure visits Crocus and Laboon at the Twin Capes. (Cover Story)

Decken plots to kill Shirahoshi and eliminate Luffy.

Hody survives his over dosage and becomes stronger. The three Neptune Brothers appear and defeat all the sea beasts under Hody's command.

Jimbei and Shirahoshi make their way to Gyoncorde Plaza.

Thoughts
Is it just me or does Gyoncorde Plaza look like Genocide Plaza? As in killing a large group of people? Yeah...This is why I like it when they translate the whole thing instead of picking things because they sound cool and more 'Japanese'. Apparently 'gyoncorde' is a fish pun which this arc is filled with. Still you wouldn't know that and maybe even reading it as 'genocide'. At least I am.

Back to the chapter, it looks like we got an interesting way to start the chapter. The cover page gave us some thing to speculate about. Who is the person that Crocus is talking to? I been hearing a lot of things such as Shiki and Yorki. I doubt it is Yorki since that just put Brook's flashback to moot. One that I like and think makes sense is that the person is Bronze, Roger's third top guy behind Silver Raleigh. 

Decken....Decken.....He has a plan....A more baked plan but a plan that I respect. I want to see what this guy got. He is the most interesting villain that I want to see. My bet is that he is going to throw Noah and cause some trouble. Still let take it easy for Decken.

Now Hody looks like a legit threat. My respect for this guy rose a little bit seeing his new form. Hody looks like a real bad guy instead of some fat man complaining and relaying on pills. He still relays on them technically but at least he looks strong. I won't be surprise if he tries to use them again once it looks like he is losing but that is later on.

The fishman surely looks stronger and makes me wonder what he can do now. Most likely more of the same but the guy looks calmer too. Not as crazy talking as before. Still Hody's crew still look weak and I agree with Fukaboshi about Hody and his fishman crew being the weakest on the island. They relay on pills to stand a chance against them and control powerful beasts that got one shot by the Neptune Brothers.

To tell the truth. There doesn't seem much to talk about when it come to this chapter. It was kind of lackluster and just another set up chapter. The chapter was a bit below decent in my opinion. The point of this chapter was to show how powerful the Neptune Brothers were in power. I won't be surprise that they get one shot themselves by Hody in a later (or maybe next chapter) similar to what Crocodile did in Alabasta.

The purpose of this chapter was also to show Hody's new look. As mention before, the look surely does make him look more like a villain. It was a much needed transformation and I won't be surprise if Oda's editors had a hand in this. I wouldn't have a problem at all if Hody was left the same but I would still have a strong dislike for him. Now I kind of respect him but I still want to see him and his crew defeated so we never have to see them again.

The problem with this chapter was that it came right after last week's lackluster chapter. Then the fact that we didn't see the StrawHats for another week in a row. So this chapter that was okay just felt just as bad as last week's. It is better then last week's but still feel like we are dragging our feet and avoid what everybody wants to see. If last week's chapter was actually good or if didn't happen then this chapter would have been more enjoyable to read. Then we had to deal with this....

So apparently Jimbei found a way to 'win' against Luffy. He has no idea on how to stop Hody and has Shirahoshi. Now we need to watch as we see how Jimbei is going to be knocked out and how Shira is going to be subdued. Prolonging even more Luffy and crew's appearance.

I have a good feeling that Luffy wasn't really defeated. That Luffy got 'stuck between two buildings' (see Water 7) or 'in a snake' (see Skypeia). Right now some funny is needed and apparently it is funny to see Luffy stuck in something. Maybe he got twisted up in the Sea Forest or something. Now the crew is trying to undo him while Jimbei and the fishmen get beat up by Hody and his crew. So hopefully next chapter will end with Luffy and crew busting into the plaza looking all cool (doubt it but hoping).

Not much of a post so feel free to use the comments to point out anything I missed or something. Till next time true believers.

5 comments:

  1. Is it me or is the manga dragging on a lot more than it used to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the chapter, as you said now Hody looks like a proper villain instead of an Arlong wannabe. Decken keeps looking like a Buggy kind of villain to me, not much of a threat but very fun to watch. I predict the Strawhats fighting the fishmen in the next to next chapter. Next chapter is probably going to be the three brothers getting their asses kicked :P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous
    It could be you but it could also be true. This will be the first full arc that I be following weekly. Marineford dragged in my opinion towards the end. Still I would agree with you about it dragging.

    @Juan Merino
    I surely hope that we start seeing some fighting two chapters from now. Clearly the brothers will get their butts kicked next and Jimbei will find himself in a tight position. Still we can only hope.

    ReplyDelete