Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Anime: Impel Down Arc- Episode 449

Be awesome! Watch One Piece on OnePieceOfficial.com

First Thoughts
This was a great episode. The ball is finally moving and I am glad that the episode was better then what the preview was making it look like. The preview for this episode wasn't great and it didn't do a good job in selling me this episode. Still the episode itself was a great watch and ten times better then what it looked like.

Mr. 3 looks awesome up there doesn't he? haha Don't think he has pull off this type of awesome since his run during Little Garden but either way keep it up.

Beside the episode being awesome, it was pretty funny too. Just in One Piece grace and style. What more could be ask for right? haha

Summary
Magellan encounters Luffy on Level One. Luffy with Mr. 3's help challenge Magellan in order to defeat him while the rest of the prisoners go on to try to steal a ship.

Marine battleships seem to be located away from Impel Down since Magellan foresaw the prisoners' plan. Buggy, Crocodile and Das Bones with Jimbei's help go to secure a Marine battleship.

Thoughts
Seems like Luffy is have a bad time understanding the idea of staying on task here. haha I mean Ivankov and Jimbei both told him that he doesn't have time in taking care of all of these things and now this anger issue is being played into it. Sigh Luffy....As much as we want to see Magellan get his head busted, you need to learn that there is a time and a place for everything. Don't be flying off the handle at every little thing that gets you mad.

Seems like while Luffy is being restrained, Magellan is talking with the Marines to set something up. What is this poisonous warden thinking of I wonder. Magellan must have predicted what the prisoner's plan is and trying to get the Marines to stop them before it happens.

So I guess that there is going to be a lot of big booms soon which explain why we saw a lot of it during the last preview.

Aww...NewKama Fashion....Battle ready and fashionable.

Now I am not sure if this is filler or something but I really need to figure out Magellan's power. He isn't a logia type so that means bullets and knives can hurt him. Still why aren't the bullets hurting him here? They are just hitting him and look as if they are going though mud.

So I am thinking that maybe Magellan has 'poison armor'! Also that Magellan is just a little man wearing this poison armor. So if you strip off Magellan of his poison armor then he just be some normal size guy with a kind of big head. That way it explains why the bullets aren't hurting him and he just keeps on walking.

I am sure that I am completely wrong and this is just me killing time. haha

CANDLE WALL~!

Now that was damn awesome! Mr. 3 to the rescue! Just with a simple Candle Wall he was able to stop the massive Hydra attack of Magellan. Seems like things are going to be picking up soon too as we are going to get a fight on our hands.

Mr. 3's speech was cool too as he was claiming that he wasn't doing this out of friendship. I am not sure about about you but it seems like Mr. 3 is beginning to soften up a bit. I mean he knows that if they don't stop Magellan that they may not be able to escape, the guy is smart after all. Still if he has to get his hands a bit dirty then he will do it. Also I kind of think that was just an excuse so he could help Luffy. I mean Mr. 3 should know by now that Luffy doesn't hold grudges or think people owe him for things.

Aww! That is mean to say Crocodile! I mean he was useful before in....Umm...whatever you had Mr. 3 do before. haha I mean the guy knows how to survive being eaten by giant alligators. That is something!

Unless what you said was a compliment which I am going to pretend it was. haha

And it seems like Brother 3 has been pulled along in this fight against Magellan against his will. haha Now that is awesome. No matter how much the guy tries, he can't escape out of this. Luffy wants his help and the prisoners want to help him out too. Nobody wants to listen to what Mr. 3 has to say. Poor guy. At least he is getting some action and a chance to look cook. Doesn't happen often to a guy with glasses.

Speaking of glasses, I want to know how Mr. 3 is able to pop his eyes out without breaking his glasses. Wonder where who is his eye doctor is and where he got those glasses. haha

haha Now this is when the awesome really shines! Literally!

The Candle Armor. The best thing to come out of the Wax Wax powers since the Candle House. It can make punches that are as hard as steel and make the wearer looks so cool~!

I literally laughed when I saw Luffy in the Candle Armor. It was just so funny seeing him awing at it and how cool he is. I been waiting for this to happen since the beginning of Impel Down and now it has. That boy really does look good in it too.

I also love how they made the armor make mechanical noises as Luffy walked. I knew that the legs were a bit funny looking but I didn't know they were movable. That just made the whole get-up even more awesome.

And thus the onslaught on Magellan begins. Seems like the tables are more fair now since it seems like people can fight against Magellan without fear of being poisoned. That was the main issue when fighting against him since no matter what, you can't touch the warren without worrying about his poisonous armor.  So things has always been a bit uneven when fighting against Magellan. Now that the big guy's main defense has been breached, it seems like he has to worry about defense and also be a bit more offensive.

Guess we will have to see where this goes to. Still keep looking cool Luffy!

It seems like they are all seeing what could be the problem in their plan. Doesn't look too good if they do try to steal a ship.

Also looks kind of like a Buster Call. All those ships against one little ship. Not too pretty considering that a good handful of them are Devil Fruit users.

Though looks like Jimbei just shared something important that maybe Buggy and his people show know about before getting outside. Jimbei maybe up to the little plan that Magellan has plan but I wonder if it is too late to stop him.

DOOM~

(Been reading a lot of One Piece manga right now)

I think there was a doom. I don't know. I haven't read the Impel Down but this would be a perfect moment for Oda's 'Dooom~'.

If I have to take a guess, I would think that Magellan told the Marines to dock their ships away from Impel Down so that they wouldn't have to deal with the prisoners hijacking a ship. Then if they even try then to attack them. Tricky there Magellan. Very tricky.

 And here is a cool Buggy face. One of the many that appeared in this episode. haha

Seems like Buggy is really to fight and go into battle. The guy is just awesome isn't he? Or that what the other are thinking right?haha

Buggy is serious a funny guy. He is only going with Crocodile and Das Bones because he think it be safer. I guess he didn't think that he may have to fight which could be a problem later on maybe? Who knows. haha

 Like I said before, Buggy gave out a lot of awesome faces which mostly happen to involve him being in terror. haha I guess he really didn't think that they would try to attack them on that makeshift raft of Jimbei. Poor Buggy. He has great ideas but it seems like the guy just gets screw over at times. The guy really tries but just falls short. haha

Now that is the power that I wanted to see from Jimbei. The guy was strong on land but this strength is beyond anything that he has shown so far. The ability to create a sea current and then throwing it above land. We seen a fishman move a sea current before but to create it is another story. Got to say that I wouldn't want to face Jimbei in an underwater battle if I have to. Nor does anybody else in One Piece I guess.

Still seems like the guys are in town. They all jumped on the ship so gracefully. Especially Buggy with his feet up in the air. I am such a Crocodile fanboy but I am sorry to say but Buggy beat you here Croco. haha

Back at the farm...

Seems like the fight between Magellan and Luffy is getting intense. It seems like the Candle Shield Cannon Force are sucking in attacking Magellan but Luffy is having no problem as he is dodging the Hydras and getting blows in. I know that me and my little brother were yelling out as Luffy did Champion Bazooka which ended the great episode that this was.

Things seem to be wrapping up for Impel Down it seems. Luffy and Magellan are in a fight while Crocodile, Das Bones and Buggy are trying to get a ship to leave the prison. Still I am sure that Magellan has some tricks up his sleeve to counter the waxy gloves of Luffy. Though we have to see what that is next week.

Preview
 Seems like things are going to get pretty intense in the next episode. Crocodile, Das Bones and Buggy are going have to fight their way to get a ship and it seems like Jimbei is doing some water play. I am guessing while Crocodile, Das Bones and Buggy are securing that ship, Jimbei is making sure the other ships don't go gun crazy and attack the ship the others are on.

Then things in the prison doesn't look too good. Seems like Magellan has taken out a new brand of poison and this kind can go though wax. Not sure if this means Luffy has problems but it could cause some difficulties. Either way, something is going have to be done if our rubberneck pirate and his associates want to make it out of here safely.

Looks like we are getting another awesome episode next week. Nice!

3 comments:

  1. "If we win, we'll reach Heaven! If we lose, we'll go to Hell!"
    Awesome statement from Buggy when they were opening the door! Awesome episode. Every minute there was amazing scenes! That is one piece! Finally I was waiting for a good episode since episode 447! XD Well I didn't wait that long but I was dissapointed by the previous episode. Very clever to take away the ships and very clever of Jimbei to reach them with a door! Impel Down was straighttforward story (just going up and down in the levels) but this episode showed that Oda is a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me tell you something. Why don't you rate every episode of one piece? In a scale of 10. For exaple "Episode 449 9.8/10" Well you have to hold yourself not giving a 10 in every episode! XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kaste
    OH! Damn....This is why I need to write down things when I watch these episodes a second time. haha Still yeah, clever indeed on both sides.

    I would rate them but in the end it may just be me giving each episodes things above a six. haha I mean I liked last week's episode haha So I may be the wrong person to rate the episodes. haha That is also one reason why I don't do reviews that often too. haha

    ReplyDelete