Thursday, May 27, 2010

Manga: Chapter 586 (SPOILERS!)

SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!
The roof! The roof is on fire! Buy One Piece from Viz right here!


There was some moments in this chapter that really made me feel for Sabo and what was going on in the panel and drew feelings from me. Real emotions were being pulled from this chapter that only a series like One Piece can do. Still this chapter in the end to me was going to be place down as another chapter that was building up to something big while setting up more of the world where young Luffy and Ace lived in.

Then we got the epicness at the end of this chapter. Something that people have been wanting to see since as far back as Impel Down. A person that we have seen mentioned to have great power. Just by saying the name of this mysterious person makes me wonder where is his spot in the world of One Piece but rarely do we ever see him on screen/page. Because of that one person, to me it made the 'value' of this chapter skyrocket I think and so makes me want to see what will happen next week. Still enough about me fanboying over Dragon. Time for the in-depth stuff that you guys come here to read or not read.

Did I mention that I hate Sabo's parents. They are the worse in so many ways. I could use the word 'worse' and stick it in phrases  to describe them. They suck in so many ways that I don't know how could they even consider themselves as parents. Not only do they force their own dreams and wants upon their kid but they dare to get a replacement for Sabo! They got this replace while he was gone and I am thinking it was just incase they couldn't find Sabo and as mention in the chapter incase they do find Sabo and it turns out that Sabo can't be molded into their perfect little figure. Disgusting. Very disgusting.

There are a few things that get under my skin and as you can see, bad parents are one of those things. Parents that have no faith in their kids and not willing to at least support them make me feel upset. Parents that down right discourage their kids to not pursue something they want by saying things like "That isn't a respectable job" or "No! Don't do that! You are going to do this because that is what I want you to do!" are worse then the first type of parents. Put both of these things together and it makes my blood boil. Still who would have guess that One Piece, a series about pirates, could make a person feel like this and show great examples of horrible parents. If you would have told me that One Piece was going to have such characters like this back in 2005 then I would have never believed you. Amazing.

I got to give props to Sabo. Even after being pressured by his jerk of a 'father', he still doesn't lie and make it seem like it was Ace and Luffy's fault for all the things that he did with them. I mean the father wasn't trying to get all of the stuff pin on Ace and Luffy for the benefit of his own son so he wouldn't be held back because of what they did. Sabo's dad did it because he was afraid it would look bad on himself and the family name. What a damn dirty jerkwad.

The people in the One Piece world are amazing to look at. I am not talking about how they look but just the way they act. You think you understand how a person is but then you find out that they can either be better then what you thought originally but you can also discover that others can be very rotten. Gin from the Baratie Arc was like that. Started off as somebody decent but then you find out that the guy is kind of deep. Then you have the people who live in High Town who have no freakin problem with burning humans in an attempt to make themselves look better in the eye of the jerks called the Celestial Dragons.

This takes me back to a statement that I said earlier in the post about being told what is happening now to a Mikey from 2005. I wouldn't believe it. I may have said something like, "Nah. That is impossible. From a show like One Piece? No way." Then I would get to here and realize that what what was told to me in 2005 was true and I would be dumbstruck.
"This town gives off an even worse stench then Trash Mountain! It stinks horribly of rotten humans!"
-Sabo
I just find it hard to believe that there could be people with little disregard to human life in such high places. I mean I know there could be some people who are just heartless enough to consider doing this but to actually do it and have a whole town be okay with such the decision is beyond me. I am guessing that if you want to go deep and say that Oda is just reflecting a part of society and multiplying it to the extreme which is good way to look at this but still if that is true then I am amazed. Just amazed at how cruel people can be.

In the beginning of the chapter, I was kind of feeling good about Bluejam and was thinking that he wasn't such a bad guy. I mean he didn't kill Ace and Luffy. He gave them some work but then when you find out that he was in on the burning Trash Mountain, screw that because he just as bad as the heartless idiots in High Town. The guy was willing burn and kill all the people and things in Trash Mountain just so he can be a nobel. He kind of deserve what he got but I still feel bad for the guy since he was being used to do the dirty work.

To tell the truth, the fact that Trash Mountain exist is all the fault of the people of High Town. They were the ones who created the dump to get rid of their trash instead of finding a proper way to dispose of it. Then the riffraff came to live off it. Now they have to get rid of it in order to live a 'nice' life but do it rushed. Sounds familiar to things going on in the world right now? I doubt Oda wants us to go that deep when it comes to his series but I am sure the guy gets inspiration from somewhere.

The coup de grace of the chapter! The part that made this a normal chapter into something to be excited about. The appearance of Dragon. When I saw the panel above, I was wondering if that black hooded man could be Dragon. It was just me having a silly thought but when I turned the page, I saw that my silly thought was correct. Monkey D. Dragon in the flesh.

It is amazing though how all the signs were pointing at the appearance of Dragon too. I only caught this when I was reading the chapter again but somebody mention that the wind was strong that day which was the same thing that happen the first time that Dragon appeared in the series. Then what do you know? A burst of wind happen and Dragon appears.
"So you've finally forced your own children to say things like this....Goa Kingdom!"
-Dragon
Then to me the most amazing thing to find out about Dragon. The fact that he was born on the this very same island. So things like this have been going in the Goa Kingdom for years it seems but it has gotten bad enough for a single noble child to realize the horrors.

Now it is time for Mikey to make predictions that are horrible and most likely aren't true! I am thinking that maybe Dragon does have some noble blood in him and that the Monkey family are a set of nobles thus that makes Luffy somewhat of noble himself. Now the reason why Garp isn't there in High Town and is a Marine? Well as we can see, the Monkey family isn't exactly normal as you can see so they would rather be out having fun so Garp decide to just go out to the sea and become a man of the Marines. While Garp was doing the Marine thing, Dragon was raised in High Town as a noble but something happen when he was in his teens that made him realize the world outside Goa Kingdom is not so nice and he has to do something about that. So Dragon started his life as a Revolutionary. When Luffy was born and given to Garp to raise, the old man decided that in order to avoid the way Dragon turned out and to make Luffy a strong Marine man is that he is going have to live a not so rosy life. Thus we get where Luffy is today! haha

Yeah...I told you it is a stupid idea. Heck! I even just made up a fake history here for the Monkey family. Still another One Piece theory on the internet.

Though next chapter looks good judging by the last few panels. Looks like Dragon has a plan going on and I am sure it involves the Celestial Dragons in some way. Well he could be doing this plan because the Celestial Dragons are coming at least. Then it seems like our fine crossdressing friend Ivankov is going to appear too based on this:
"Dragon! Preparation have been made, babe!"
-Unknown (But Mikey-san is thinking it is Ivankov)
I am not sure if it is Ivankov but sounds like him. Who else will be this friendly with Dragon and willing to say 'babe'. haha Even if it is not Ivankov then I am sure that next week will be a great chapter either way. If it is Ivankov then I am guessing this may be the part where Ivankov may have been captured and sent to Impel Down. A bit crazy but it would tie into the current storyline even more. We are building up to something and hopefully this something will be great since we still have to worry about Ace and Luffy as those two try to be burned alive. Hope all goes well and that we are not going to be disappointed because things looks like they are going to get hot soon.

Also since you are here, feel free to vote in the poll that is towards the top of this page. Give me some of your input on what you want see from the blog so I can have some idea on what to do in the future. Thanks in advance!

HEEHAW~!

No comments:

Post a Comment