Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Manga: Anime & Manga Bloggers for Japan

So in the last post I told you about the 24 Hour Podcast that will try to raise funds for those affected by the earthquake and tsunami that has hit Japan. If donating to a podcast cause isn't your thing or if you feel like donating to something more blogging related then Anime & Manga Bloggers for Japan is your thing. If you have already donated and feel to donate some more then that is good too.

By the way,  this week's One Piece manga chapter maybe delay due to Weekly Shonen Jump due to the current events in Japan involving the earthquake and tsunami. Certain parts of Japan may not get it.

 Yep....Even Marco is helping with the stuff in Japan

News about the events in Japan maybe tiring to hear by now and I would completely understand if you are tired of hearing about donating here and donating there. Still if you have the money then I strongly suggest you donate to a cause. Daniella at All About Manga has set up campaigns with Doctors without Boarders and ShelterBox to help raise funds.

Now I am going to try to guilt trip you...So please bare with me (or just skip to the bottom of this post). We buy tons of anime and manga stuff as anime and manga fans. Either it is for a $40 dollar DVD set or $120 dollar One Piece POP or for a $40 dollar three day con pass. We apparently have some money to spend. All I ask is that you donate something. May it be $10 dollars or something. You can buy a One Piece volume from Viz for the same price as a donation.
Here comes the Marines to help!

I said before that the earthquake and tsunami has affected more then the Japanese people and that we should donate not because of anime and manga comes from there but because there are people there who need help. I stand firm on both statements and feel like we need to help all that have been affected by this disaster. As people we need to help our fellow people. Still if you don't feel the same then at least help out your fellow anime and manga fans that live in Japan. Still I think Danielle said it best:

"I certainly feel like I owe a meaningful chunk of good things in my life to Japan, so if you feel the same way, I would like to encourage you to donate any amount possible."
-Danielle (All About Manga) 
 I would love to say that I be able to match your donation but I don't think I can be able to do that. Heck till a few hours ago I wasn't sure if I could donate but after thinking about it I realized that if I can go to a convention this weekend and already make plans to spend money there then I can at least try to donate to this cause.

So here is what I will try to do. If you leave a comment saying that you have donated then I will donate at the most $5 dollars for each comment. Please be honest in you comment. I can't guarantee that I be able to do this but hopefully I will be able to do this. Any comments posted here saying they donated then I will try to donate at the most $5 dollars. Leave a comment between today (3/15) til Thursday (3/17) and I will do this. I do admit that I have my limit but please don't let that discourage you in commenting saying that you donated. This is your time to brag so go ahead and brag!

13 comments:

  1. I will be donating come Saturday during the 24 hour fund raising event held by the podcast, I'm just waiting for my check to come in to make sure I have enough cash in my bank account. So it's totally up to you if you want to count this or not for you 5 dollar donating, I swear I am donating Japan has given me far to much happiness in my life for me not to give something back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you from a fellow participant in the cause. Lots of luck to ya! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. @strawhatpirate9 Same here Japan has given me far to much happiness in my life also.

    But where and how to donate i also wanted to donate?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kennykwok54
    You can donate via ShelterBox
    http://www.shelterboxusa.org/index.php
    Under the main image of the site. There is a flashing yellow donate button. Click that and follow the directions there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Already donated through Daniella's ShelterBox. Let's keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am posting a comment just to see if you pull through...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with Mikey-san, ShelterBox is a fantastic idea. I've also donated to them.

    I can tell you this. All the manga artists I know have expressed sincere appreciation to the fans here who are donating. They are very thankful for our thoughts and our donations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have donated to the manga bloggers Doctors without borders, the red cross and on the otakuhelpjapan podcast's donation drive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I donated some today! I plan to donate more once I get paid again. I wish there was more I could do. :/

    ReplyDelete
  10. HELL YEA!! 10TH COMMENT
    I'm gonna donate durning the podcast on Saturday. I gotta cancel my naughty america account and use the money from that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well if you need to get any more comments, I have donating to the Manga Bloggers, Red Cross and something for the animals.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've donated to the Red Cross, Doctors Without Borders, and Shelterbox.

    ReplyDelete