Thursday, November 26, 2009

Manga: Chapter 0 (Read at Own Risk)

Read at Own Risk

First off, I would like to say to read this post at your own risk. There isn't anything super spoiler-ish. If anything it adds more to the One Piece world and gives us some insight on our awesome characters. Well worth reading if you just follow the anime. Provides a lot of back information on Movie 10.

Still an awesome read. Really good. I don't know how to describe this in just such a short paragraph. Though maybe I am trying to rush this post since it is Thanksgiving and my stomach is hungry. Nonetheless, join me as we look at the One Piece world from over twenty years ago!

Thoughts
First off, awesome color spreads there. Very awesome. Well the first two are advertisements but still awesome sees. Though I am loving the Movie 10 spread where everybody is holding those huge guns. As my little brother would say, "Those are some huge guns there." I have to agree with that statement. All of them looking cool in black with guns. I am laughing at Brook though since he looks so silly holding that gun. Though I think I be more scared with him holding that gun since I can hear him laughing, 'Yohohohoho' as he shot that gun. Franky looks like a Terminator there with how he is standing and those sunglasses. After this movie, Franky is going to walk out of the screen and say, "I'll be back" then the movie will end. haha Though Robin looks so awesome there. I know it is silly but just her standing there screams beautiful.

Enough of that. To the meat of this feast....Oh my...I am so going to pig out during Thanksgiving dinner.

This chapter started with what everybody wanted. A look at everybody from twenty-or-so years ago. Very cool. Got to say a few people aged well while others got cool clothes as they got older. Higher up you go in the Marines, the more money you get paid I guess. Some might have went on spending sprees I guess.

Look at this image here.

Is that who I think it is? That is Saul there! I mean I haven't seen him much before except from clips that I have come across but that is Saul! Jaguar D. Saul. Nico Robin's friend from Ohara! I thought this happen after Ohara but I thought about it for a bit. This must be before he left the Marines. Just save myse

Though I love Garp here. He is where he is today because he wants to be there. Cool for him.

Afro Sengoku! haha Proof here, all great people in One Piece have afros! Official! Luffy is on the road to greatness! I wonder if it is true. The bigger the afro, the more powerful you are. If so then that means Sengoku is way powerful! Where is PwnGoat? I want to see his mightly fro too!

Then we are taken to the ship of the up and coming Pirate King, Gol D. Roger. We get young Crocus, Shanks and Buggy. Still they sent us to what is right before a battle with Shiki. A sick Roger verus a healthy Shiki. Seems like both Roger and Shiki were close rivals but this thing that Shiki said about an alliance means that Shiki been doing this alliance with pirates thing for a long time now.

I wonder what type of fighting can Crocus does. We see him run into battle with the rest of the Roger pirates too. Guess the doctor can fight too.

Love the references too. Rayleigh made a reference to Tom and his men who made Jackson. Very awesome. I was just shivering with happiness there.
"That answer means...YOU WANNA  GET KILLED RIGHT HERE, DOESN'T IT!!!?


IT MEANS I'M GONNA BEAT THE S*** OUT OF Y'ALL!!!"
-Shiki and Roger talking
Luffy and Roger are so alike. Willing to go against the odds just for what they want. Luffy said in the past that he wants to have the most freedom and what Roger said is a mirror to what Luffy said. These guys are literally channeling each other word by word. I am sure that Luffy said that very same thing too about beating up everybody before.

Love Roger's jolly roger. haha Very funny. haha Huge mustache.Well that what many people know him for anyways.

Well one thing that Chapter 0 pointed out was that Shiki has a wheel in his head. I have never notice that until now. Am I the only one who didn't see this? Well it also told us how that wheel get in there. Still I am hung up on the fact that there is a wheel there. Got to say it looks like it belongs there while at the same time very strange. Though, everybody are idiots. haha Even great pirates like Shiki. haha

Then from there things goes as how we know. Roger eventually becomes the King of the Pirates and Shiki gets upset about this. Though it does answer the question on how Shiki got capture. Seem that the guy got all emotional cool on us and raided Marineford. Angry smoke puffs and all coming out from his head.


Cool way to make it look like you fought a lot of people. Just stand on top of a pile of knocked out and maybe dead Marines. Then scream out loud as you look cool with your swords. Shiki really did took the time and pay attention to this classes on 'How to look Cool in a fight' lessons.

Thus enters Afro Sengoku and Grap enter the scene. I really wish we could have gotten more of their fight instead them screaming. Did Sengoku use some awesome afro moves to subdue Shiki? Did Garp threw a giant cannonball to destory half of Marineford? Did Shiki knock some heads using the wheel that was on his head? Oh what happen! I so can't wait to see something from here animated.

This little convo that we got before the fight explains one thing though. Why Shiki is going to attack East Blue or while Movie 10 is focus on the StrawHats heading back to the East Blue. Seems like Shiki has some sort of beef with the East Blue since that is where Roger was executed and I guess it is a bit too peaceful. Shiki hates the fact that Roger was killed in his hometown in the East Blue and thinks it is a slap to Roger's face to execute him there. Makes some what sense to me. Though does Shiki miss over the fact that Roger is from this sea so that means it isn't exactly the weakest if that sea could produce somebody as powerful as Roger?  I am always complex by this fact every time I hear statements as "The East Blue is the weakest of the four seas".

Awesome. Prue awesome. Are all these pirates there at Roger's execution? That is a lot of pirates. I wonder why the Marines didn't try to stop them or something. Still Doflamingo and Crocodile being there is making me happy. So this shows they been to the East Blue at one point of time. Pretty cool. I am very touch with Shanks being there. He is trying to be strong as he watch his former captain being killed by the Marines. Though we can't see his face but we know that is him because of the straw hat.

Then after that we get a good look at what all our favorite characters are doing at this time. We see some people from Alabasta as in Cobra and Vivi's mom. Young Hancock and her sisters. That guy that looks like Sanji that made me wonder if he was. The giants. Some CP9 and their young beginnings. Cricket and his days as a pirate. Then we get the humble beginnings of our StrawHats as we see people who are close to them. Somewhere in between there we get Shiki as he escapes from Impel Down and stick swords to his stumps of legs. Though I wonder if the people at Impel Down still have his legs in those shackles.

That bartender chick is young! How old is she really? Does somebody know this? Please tell me. I did mistake baby Ace for Luffy though. Still nice to see the two bros knew each other for a long while. We also get to see a young Merry too when she was still being planned out. I got really sad when I saw Robin. I was hoping she will be at Ohara happy and all but seems like she is on the run still. Awww. Only eight but she has a bounty on her head.

Amazing how everything is tying into what is going on in the current timeline yet also some things are just going on as nothing has happen. Just right now, a powerful pirate has escape from the tightest prison but yet we have people who are going along with their everyday lives. May they be good or bad, life still moves. May you be a Marine who just heard about Shiki escaping from prison and looking to blow his brains out or just a little merman who is about to visit his friend. Life goes on. The world is big and wide yet there are so many small worlds that will not be effected at all.

And we leave this world of twenty years ago with Shiki plotting for this next plan. Whitebeard may not show no interest in what is going on with Shiki. Seems like Whitebeard like to have a drink when he talks to other pirates though. haha Still, amazing Shiki. Whatever you have plan for the East Blue, it is going to be something eh? Shiki is a planner I see. One of those guys you don't know what he is going to do because when he does it, you won't have time to do anything about it thus leaving a huge hole in the world. I wonder what Luffy and crew is going to do about Shiki but this will be something.

I wonder if Shiki would have imagine that the next big wave that will be facing him was another person from the East Blue. Very ironic.

Very awesome chapter special. Now as we leave the world of twenty years ago, I leave you all to enjoy your turkeys and deserts. I sure am.

No comments:

Post a Comment