Thursday, November 5, 2009

Manga: Chapter 563 (SPOILERS)

SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!



Got to say it was kind of boring. I mean it wasn't all flares and fireworks. It felt kind of long and stalled. Maybe stall isn't the right words but it lacked action.Which is kind of strange seeing that we are on a battlefield. You know. Battlefield. There will be more battling? haha Still this kind of was needed since it just took care of anything that was confusing us or told us what we needed to know. Then in One Piece fashion, everything was tied up to make us rallied up for the next chapter. Too bad we have to wait two weeks for it...

So the shock faces of everybody is shown again.Then the sword is slowly pulled out and Whitebeard falls to the ground as it remains motionless.

Or that kind of what you be expecting if everybody thought that the old man was at his end.Come on, I know some people here was predicting that Whitebeard was going to die. Still we see that Squardo did what he did and stabbed Whitebeard. We were given a week to process what has happen and now we see that it actually happen. Unfortunate for our group of merry pirates they need a bit more time.

And the world. It seems like everybody who saw this was at amaze on what they were seeing. The person that they knew as the most powerful pirates was easily stabbed like he was some regular person.

And we also have Luffy who makes his first and last appearance in this week's chapter. haha I kind of found that funny since the last few chapters have been mostly focus on what Luffy was doing but only one thing happens to Whitebeard and the whole world is focused on him. Amazing. Poor Luffy but I guess there is nothing that Luffy can do about this so there is really nothing Luffy can do.

The difference of power between Sqaurdo and Marco. I know we haven't seen Marco do much since he did an awesome job in protecting Luffy. haha Though I got to give Marco props for playing it smart and waiting for all of Luffy's lifelines were depleted.

Then we get something that shocked everybody who read this week's chapter.
"Why don't you put an end to this farce already Whitebeard?!!!! You've already settle everything with the Marines, haven't you?! The lives of Ace and the Whitebeard Pirates are guaranteed safe from harm, am I wrong?!!"
-Sqaurdo
 I really had no idea how to take this. I was thinking that maybe this was a lie. Maybe it was the truth. In the One Piece world it is hard to know what is true and what is false. I was literally trying to think of times similar to this where something like this has happen before. I mean I don't think Oda would waste our time like this to make a lie or something that could just completely change how a character is for many chapters only to reveal it was all a lie. I mean maybe right now it seems like Sengoku is breaking his 'On Time' Rule but really I think Sengoku is only stalling for time withing the Pacifistas and such.

For a while I was actually believing what Sqaurdo was saying. I mean the guy brought some good points. The giant tide wave that Whitebeard created happen to get frozen thus making it impossible for the pirates to escape. It only seems like nonWhitebreard Pirates are being harmed. Though this part made me think because it doesn't seem like Mihawk was going easy on Vista who I think is a Whitebeard Pirates. It is kind of hard keeping track of all the members of these huge crews.

While all of this was happening we see scenes of pirates being attacked by the Pacifistas. Looks really grim but it helps prove to the pirates that this so called great 'war' could be fake. Everybody or mostly everybody is beginning to doubt Whitebeard and right now I wish I could see what Luffy was thinking or expressing. Luffy didn't really care as long as Whitebeard didn't get in his way. Still this would have meant that he prolong his reunion with his own crew,  went though the greatest jail, and risked his life for nothing. Got to say, if this was all true then it suck and I would be pretty pissed. I was surprise that nobody else decided to make a run for where Whitebeard was and give him a good beating.

Then all heck seems to break loose here. I mean Sengoku knew that this was the right moment to truly put a stop to the recording. I mean don't you think that this would be a perfect moment? Everybody who is watching this seems to believe this story that Squardo is saying about how Whitebeard sold his allies to safe his own butt. It paints the pirates in a bad light. Everything that is being video recorded was to help them so this little negative was made into a positive for the Marines. Sucks but oh well. If Sengoku didn't stop this video here then who knows what would happen or be told. Sengoku basically cut Whitebeard off before he could actually defend himself. What a dirty move there Sengoku.

Still what really sucks was that Buggy got frozen. Damn....I hope he is okay. Usually when people get frozen by Aokiji we don't see them get defrost or anything with Robin being the exception. I wonder how Buggy and his band of prisoners will get out of this one.


This scene here answer a question I was wondering and mention a few manga post ago. How is Whitebeard able to do all of this? Isn't this guy on some sort of life support? I mean all the times before this war we seen Whitebeard having tubes hanging from him. Heck in the last One Piece video game he was fighting with them on.

Seems like Whitebeard got them removed just for this battle. He didn't want to take any chance of having people think he was weak or take pity on him. Somehow I think this may hurt Whitebeard later on in the next chapter or few but hopefully not. Though it seems like Marco knows that this isn't good since because of this decision that Whitebeard wasn't fast enough to dodge the attack or do anything. Seems like Whitebeard's old age is catching on to him. As we seen from other series, this is never a good sign.

Backtrack a bit, Crocodile's response is kind of supporting something that I been thinking for a while. It involves Croco's secert that Ivankov knows. I don't want to mention it yet so I hang on to it later. This isn't the time nor the place for that.

Then Whitebeard says what I always been wanting to hear from One Piece.
"Only a fool would think to blame the son for the crimes of the father. What did Ace ever did to you?"
-Whitebeard
Thank you Whitebeard. Thank you for saying that. I been wanting to hear that for a long time. Very true. Nothing good can come from that kind of thinking. Each person is different and they are not who their parents are. I wouldn't want to be who my parents are so thus I try not to. It is this very idea that the Marines don't get and seem to believe.

Now we see more of Akainu's ways and it seems like he is pretty dirty. He is willing to tell a lie just to get what he wants. I wonder what Akainu did before becoming a Vice Admiral because for some reason I can see him as a CP9. Being cunning enough to tell such lies and having people believe him.

Then we get a powerful moment. The walls, literally, come down. The moment that is making people tear up and rally us readers up. Whitebeard is now drawing the line in the ground. Either you leave and get to live or stay with him and fight to the death. I don't know how many people would stay and fight but I do know one person who is staying and fighting and that is Luffy. We haven't seen his response but we all know it is coming.

And Sengoku knows that now the real fight begins.

Got to say this chapter felt long since no real action was happening. It was all talk but just in One Piece style we see that this was only (another) foundation for the awesome that we will get next chapter. Even better is that we know awesome will be here next chapter because Oda is taking another break. Still I can't wait for what is going to happen next chapter. Going to be something awesome. Luffy and Whitebeard team up against the Marines to safe Luffy? We see. Till two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment