Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Anime: Impel Down Arc- Episode 424


First Thoughts
This could be consider spoiler-ish seeing  that a lot of people on the US East Coast can't seem to get OnePieceOfficial's streaming to work for them. For me I got it to work for me but I live in US Central so good for me right? Right because I needed this episode after this past weekend. Got to see it twice too so cool. haha

Have to say this was a great episode. Very fast pace because I didn't even expect to see the To Be Continued screen to come out anytime soon. I was just watching the guys fall down the hole expecting to see them land but then out of nowhere the screen came. I was disappointed but more surprised then anything to see it there. Very cool.

Great episode. I love when we have these episodes where awesome just happens to fall out of nowhere. Would have liked to see this episode on Halloween like everybody else but this was not a Halloween episode. Still nice.



Summary
Luffy and Buggy are being chased by the blugois. Buggy agrees to help Luffy go down to Level 4 in exchange for Luffy's armband that he got from Nami in Thriller Bark. Turns out the armband is a key to Captain John's treasure. Luffy agrees and gives Buggy the armband. After escaping the forest of Crimson Hell, Luffy and Buggy falls into a hole that leads to Level Two.

Thoughts

And this episode picks up right from where the last episode left off. Right in the middle of an action moment. Got to say it really help with the illusion that this was going to be a long episode and got me thinking we had a lot of time left at the end.


Buggy is just one of those characters that I love when they use their power. It is his main form of fighting but it is one of the greatest. Oda is very good at making useless looking powers look very effective. Buggy takes full advantage of his opponent's ignorance and uses it against them to beat up his foes. Very nice. haha

Also I love the idea of an attack called 'Chop Chop Emergency Escape'. haha

How about we see what Buggy did to fight this blugori?


Lift the guy up. Then spin him around rapidly and making him fall the ground. A very effective and handy attack to have. I have to say it would have hurt.


Aww! Don't say that Buggy! It seem to have done some damage. I mean the blugori looks as if he was hurt and is all scratch up. Usually it takes a long time for Luffy to do that kind of damage to anybody and there you did it in one attack. He also was going back up slowly so you did something. Now all you have to do is finish the job.

Still glad to see Buggy getting some action.


Seems like those guys were easy pickins for Luffy. Kind of wish we could have seen Luffy beat them but I guess it would have given the look that Luffy struggle or had problems like Buggy did. Love how Buggy goes and falls apart at seeing all of those blugoris being easily beaten by Luffy.


And I just wanted to show this image here. It looks really good.


Can you guess who is in this scene? If you look closely then you will notice somebody that is important at the moment.

If you guessed Ace then you were right!

In the picture above this one then you can see a guy with an orange hat partying with Buggy's men. He is holding a piece of meat in his hand. Just look in the right hand side of the image and there is Ace. You can see his backside.

Ace is such a loveable guy don't you think? Being friends with Buggy and all. I can see these two being friends you know. Both likes to party and have fun but in different ways. Still I thought Buggy would be more eager in helping Luffy in breaking out Ace from prison since they seem to be good friends.


Bling bling! Look at that bling! Look at that bling! Got to say it is all shiny! Luffy knows how to roll! All he needs now is he chains and gold grill!

Though I guess this is just Oda's way of getting things from the past that looks unimportant and surprising us. Oda seems to be doing that a lot lately with the vivrecard and now this armband. I have no idea how it works in help finding Captain John's treasure but it does something. Who knew.


And now we get an explaining of Buggy's power. Looks like of the same way as in how Law's power works. There is a certain area that Law can cut things with and then control. To tell the truth I think Buggy's and Law's work in the same way but just one can make it work on themselves and the other affect others. Also Law's power is confusing as heck in figuring it out and such. I wonder what would happen if Law and Buggy were place in a fight together. Would Buggy be unaffected by Law's power and would Buggy be able to use his power in Law's area. Would to two area's negate each other? Confusing.


Smooth Buggy. Very smooth.Walk right into that one didn't you Buggy?

So Buggy has been looking for Captain John's treasure this whole time. So does that mean he has given up on revenge on Luffy? He isn't attacking him right now in Impel Down. Though Buggy isn't the type of guy to yet grudges hold him back from getting treasure.

Though one thing I would like to point out is that the guy who is standing over the table looks like the guy that hung out with Garp during the Coby and Helmeppo episodes around episode fifty-something. So I guess that explain why we didn't see him during Water 7 since it seems like the guy was reassigned to a different mission or something. So is it safe to guess that Buggy got caught during the events of Water 7 which may be why Buggy haven't heard about what Luffy did at Enies Lobby or how Luffy got so strong.

Still I could be wrong and the con hangover from Oni Con is worse then I thought. Though he does look a lot like the guy that was Garp back when we saw him the first time around.

By the way, when I say con hangover I mean that I am still tired out from the effects of the recent con I was at. I don't mean I was doing anything that under 21 people do as in drinking. I don't drink so you guys shouldn't either. haha Still yeah. Tired...


haha This part was nice. Buggy was all about to attack Luffy and you even get the serious music but Luffy just turns it all off and gives Buggy the armband. That is nice of Luffy. Got to love how Luffy is nice and knows when to be modest when he to. Maybe modest isn't the right word but cut me some slack. I am typing this with a con hangover. Still I feel a bit bad since that was given to Luffy from Nami which means he values his family over friends. That is good but kind of strange. Still family is family.


MORE BLING! BUGGY IS BLING!

We are getting a lot of sparkles in this episode. Strange since sparkles are used for happy moments yet here we are in one of the most gloomy places in the One Piece world. Very strange and I don't remember having sparkles being used before except by Luffy when he is really happy. The last time I remember seeing sparkles was back in Thriller Bark and that wasn't exactly the happiest of places either...


Wow...Way to go Luffy. Way to go. Nice way to make sure that you don't get in trouble. You were all worry about not causing trouble and such. Yet you do the opposite of what Hancock said and do it anyways! I mean you don't think you would get in trouble for breaking down a few walls? Sigh....Well it is a good idea right?


And now we go back to Hancock and her moments of fangirling. I so love when she does fangirl. It is such a sight to see. Still unfortunately we have to see Hannyabal. Sigh....



But Hancock gives me another reason to love her. She was able to hurt Hannyabal and defend her man. Got to say cool. Keep on hurting Hannyabal. Even though it seems like he enjoys it. Still I get pleasure knowing that he is in pain.

I so can't wait till somebody beats the crud out of Hannyabal. To me the guy is the most lame and useless character in this arc so far. He is so full of himself as if he is some big shot. He has such lame jokes and looks very ugly....Even by One Piece standards. haha

And there is my post on Hannyabal! haha



And now back to Jackie Chan and Chris Rock in Rush Hour 4! Oh wait...I mean One Piece. Still there is a Rush Hour 4 right? Or was it three? I think there is a Rush Hour 4. I don't know. It feels like there is. What happen at the end of Rush Hour 3? Umm...let just say these episodes here are Rush Hour 4. Yeah...That sound right.


And in Rush Hour 2 style we see Luffy and Buggy busting out of the guard house and into the Crimson Forest.The main feature of Level One.

It also seems like Funi has changed Crimson Floor to Crimson Hell or whatever they were using in the last episode. It is okay. I prefer floor compare to the other word since I don't like to swear but oh well. Can't do anything if that is the proper name. I just don't use it that much.

I wonder if those trees and grass are naturally red or just stained with blood from the prisoners. Still the guards at Impel Down are pretty harsh and mean people. It has to be inhumane to do some of the things they are doing there. They make what the US is doing look good. Well not really but it is still bad.

I can see that Buggy had no problem here in this place since the blades don't hurt him but I guess he faked that it did or at least he was feeling pain with the guards were whipping him.


And there goes Luffy. Down the hole. Luffy goes down the hole.

That guy isn't scared and is eager to go in. Way to go Luffy!


And there goes Buggy...or his body at least...down the hole.

Still that blugori that chop Buggy's head seem pretty proud of himself for what he did. I am not sure if he knew that he didn't kill Buggy or just happy that he hit something. Either way he was a happy monkey. haha Still he did something and that is nice. haha


And here we have a good look at what Luffy and Buggy are getting themselves into in Level 2, Wild Beast Hell. Looks scary.


But it seems like we may see an old friend. I mean foe.

Wow! Mr. 3 seems to get the worse of luck. I mean the guy is sent to be eaten by an alligator by Crocodile then get sent to Impel Down. Still it seems like Impel Down has harden him a bit and made him a bit buffer. I guess he been lifting those weights or something.

I wonder how many times has Mr. 3 been eaten by the animals? I couldn't tell if Mr. 3 was wearing Sea Prism handcuffs but if he wasn't then that means Mr. 3 has been using his wax powers to form a ball around himself and then wait till he was out of the animals in Level 2 bodies kind of like he did to get out of the alligator back in Alabasta.

Still this is just me guessing on what been happening to Mr. 3.

Also in case you don't know how Mr. 3 got in Impel Down it is because he tried to break Crocodile out of jail earlier back in the manga but was caught. He with Crocodile were then transfer to Impel Down. Still this is what I read from the One Piece Wikia. I kind of wish that these episodes were animated. It would have saved us some time from the fillers that I heard nobody liked during the Enies Lobby arc. Wonder why the writers didn't use that manga arc in the anime.




HERE WE GO!


Cha! I can fly!


AHHHH!!!!

And now we end this episode with Luffy, Buggy's body, and Buggy falling down to Level 2. What awaits then we don't know. We can only hope it will be something fun. haha

Preview

Seems like next week we are getting a gallery of characters. We have Mr. 3 appearing along with Magellan. Also it seems like Buggy and Mr. 3 will see how strong Luffy got since the last time they seen him with Luffy showing off Gear Third. Seems cool. Also the beginning of what I guess is the Impel Down jail break that I thought we would get back on Level 1.

Go on Luffy! I am not eager to see the next episode like I was this week but I am wanting to see it. Still I know it will be good.

Movie 10 Promo

Seeing that every preview to what I guess till Movie 10 will include some sort of promo for the movie I will make a section out of it start this week. Just something quick.


Seems like if you go to the movie that not only do you get a copy of Volume 0 but you get pins too along with markers? I have no idea but they look like markers too me. I couldn't care less about the markets but I would love to have those set of pins. I have no idea if I can fit them on my backpack but I will try. They look so cool too.

If anybody who reads this blog happens to live in Japan can send me a picture of these pins then I would greatly appreciate it. I want a closer look at them. haha


GRRR!!!! I hate Chopper!

Well I take that back. I like Chopper but I hate it when they use him for merchandise. It gets me upset.The only reason Chopper is in the outfit is because they want to put him in something cute just for this little promo to show the 'cute Chopper' lovers that Chopper would be cute in this movie! GRR!

Oh well....Chopper is a money maker I guess....Still going to be a good movie.

Other note, it is kind of strange that just when I start complaining about Chopper being using as a merchandise ploy that his character song, the same character song that I love the most from the Character CD, is being played on my iTunes. Strange...

No comments:

Post a Comment