Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Anime: Impel Down Arc- Episode 437

First Thoughts
I so wanted to use a different image for the opening picture for the post. I thought it looked awesome. Then I thought about it. Had a cup of tea. Then thought about it for a bit longer and realized that this was the better image. Having Bon Clay there yelling with Buggy and Mr. 3 in the background knowing that they have no choise but to go along summed up this episode nicely. haha

This was clearly a much happier episode then the last. I quiet enjoy this episode and I guess it was because we finally got past the depressing parts of the last episode. There was a lot of laughs in this one. It didn't felt dragged out at all but it kind of sucks that we just ended at the midway part of the last chapter that appeared in the recent Shonen Jump. Still I get to that part towards the end.



Summary
Bon Clay, Mr. 3 and Buggy head into level 5 to rescue Luffy who has been sent there after his defeat by Magellan. Buggy and Mr. 3 abandons Bon Clay upon arriving. Luffy tries to break out of his cell until Bon Clay appears after fighting with the Arctic Wolves of Freezing Hell.




Thoughts
 Yeah...I am going to feel his pain tonight as it get cold here in the house.

Hmm...I can guess that we won't see him be part of the storyline any time soon. Much less help Luffy. Though I like his hair do. Wonder who is the person that styles his hair.

Yeah...That doesn't look good either. I hate to say it but it seems like Luffy was isn't doing so well. That fight with Magellan doesn't look like it was good for Luffy right now. What is worse is that the prisoners seem to know this too when they saw how Luffy looks.

Though I got to wonder though is how cold it is and how long these guys been here? Does the people of Impel Down make it cold enough so they slowly freeze to death but also form ice in their hair? I am sure they want to prolong their death so they will suffer but still it is a bit strange seeing these levels and how people can survive in these places. Just a wonder that is in Impel Down I guess.

This episode will prove several  reasons as in why I am going to keep my 'Hannyabal stupid' tag that I use  for every episode that Hannyabal appears in. Not image above as in Reason 1 why Hannyabal is stupid. The guy looks pathetic and this is me already knowing that is Bon Clay in disguise. haha Magellan must be use to Hannyabal's stupidity to be fooled by Bon Clay's act. haha I am guessing that he does find Hannyabal on the ground a lot. haha

Also I can so see Hannyabal in this position a lot when Magellan is angry. Though then again I am sure he did this a few episodes back when Magellan poisoned him. haha
Mr. 3: "I don't want gomon (torture)!"

Buggy: "Komon (anus) stinks!"
 haha I so want this joke translated in the dub. I so want to know how Funi will handle this joke since it is a verbal joke that can only be done in Japanese. Still Funi is a bunch of smart people so I am sure they will find a way to make it funny. haha

Still the joke isn't kid friendly. haha Good thing that One Piece isn't just for kids. haha

Either the fight against Luffy took a lot out of Magellan or Magellan can't fight for long periods of time like he did with Luffy because he finds it hard to hold it. haha

The guard's sweat drop gives us a good clue that the second is the correct guess. haha

Still that must explain why Magellan's attacks were a bit more fierce towards the end of the fight. I mean if you notice, the last episode that all of Magellan's attack were a bit more painful and it seems like he wanted to finish  this fast. I can understand since I doubt that in a fight that his opponents wouldn't let him go use the restroom or they would but only attack him. Still this opponent was Luffy so I am sure the kid would (be stupid enough) to let Magellan use the restroom and then wait for him to return. haha Luffy is a good kid after all.

Yeah...When you say ouch when trying to go to the restroom the that says you need to seek help in your eating habits. haha

You see that image of Bon Clay as he looked back? That was going to be the opening image for this post. haha I just found that face funny looking and thought it be cool to use. haha Then I realized that maybe I shouldn't since that may bring nightmare to people who come to the site. haha

Still when we get Ivankov in the anime then you be guarantee that his pretty mug will be the first thing you see on the site! haha

Still the adventure of our three prisoners begin as they are going into Level Five. Seems like all hope in saving Luffy is on this person called Ivankov. Whenever that name is and Queen of the Queers is mention I just found it funny. I was wondering what was going though Buggy and Mr. 3's mind as Bon Clay talked about Ivankov. They seem pretty much unphase by this statement. I am guessing the face that they are going into Level Five was a bit too much to realize they are going to see somebody who is called the 'Queen of the Queers'. haha

OH! Classily move there Toei and Oda. Classily move there. The Pandaman! haha Nice. Pretty cool there.


If you haven't tell, I like this episode a lot. It gave me a lot of screencaps of scenes that I really liked. Still since I don't want this post to be just a bunch of screencaps I had to decide not to include them. Another one was one of Bon Clay-Hannyabal acting as if he knew what happen to Ivankov. Expect that in a More post to come. haha

Still I love the faces that Bon Clay-Hannyabal, Buggy and Mr. 3 gave as the jailer told them about 'Demoning Away'. It kind of reminds me a spirited away except it is dark and scary. Then agian...maybe they are the same since spirited away wasn't all nice and happy itself. haha And now I told a bad joke. haha

Reason 2 why I am keeping my 'Hannyabal Stupid' tag. I can totally understand why you would want to go into Level Five without weapons. Yeah, if you are powerful enough to knock out Buggy and Mr 3 without a scratch on you then people in Level Five shouldn't be that hard. Still when you decided that you want to go into Level Five without a coat then that proves you are an idiot. haha I am guessing that it is hard for the cold to reach Hannyabal's thick head or he just got some thick fat that it makes it hard for the cold to reach him. haha Still yep. So going to use that tag today. haha

Got to love the nose-icicles on each of those guy's noses. haha Makes me cold just watching them.

OH COME MY WAY!

This would have been so cool if he didn't get frozen. Speaking of which, it seems like Bon Clay's voice actor is use to this since if you remember he also VA as Franky too and the last time Franky was on the show he was frozen over a few times. haha

Still ouch. That has to suck. You have to deal with your two comrades ditching you, bring in a frozen tundra with just a loincloth on and stuck facing a pack of wolves alone. Bon Clay must really want to make it up to Luffy for ditching him earlier. Tough stuff Bon Clay has there. I have to admit that he is more of a man then most people in this series seeing that he is both a man and a woman! That is the OH COME MY WAY!

Guy love! He mines! I his! There is nothing gay about it in our eyes!

haha Got to love the guy love between Mr. 3 and Buggy! It takes true guys to huddle for warmth. No matter how wrong it may seem. No matter if they have to rub against each other. They seem to have enjoyed it too. haha Though I love how these two guys just did it and smile. Then they just said it was sick. haha You know these guys are going to stick together if they ever get out of Impel Down. haha I can see Mr. 3 joining Buggy and such seeing that they went though a lot together in Impel Down.

Though it makes me wonder, didn't they thought about using the flame that Mr. 3 produces to keep them warm? That is kind of like a fire. Well it is fire seeing that Luffy used it to light to fuse back at Little Garden. Wouldn't that be easier then huddling for warmth? haha

Still it is true guy love to give up the other for the survivor of yourself. haha True love there.

Back at the farm....

Luffy doesn't seem to be doing so well. I was kind of thinking that the poison would freeze once he been in Level Five long enough but it seems like that stuff still burns as heck. Still it is moments like these that make you really admire the kid for never giving up. He is in prison but still wants to keep going and save Ace. That is a tight bond there. Brother thick and though.

It makes me wonder, what kind of people get sent into Impel Down. You be thinking that people in Level Five would at least understand the importance of teamwork and such if they are all the way down there. I mean most powerful  captains seem to have powerful people under them and seem to know how to work at them. Just look at Crocodile who is in Level Six! The guy gather around the best men and women around him to try to take over a country and was using them to do certain jobs. Croc would have never even come close to pull this job off if he was doing this alone.

Still I guess some pirates just made it on their own being ruthless to the people under them. That may explain why they are in Impel Down to begin with. They may never had the chance to see the power of friendship at work to understand that in the darkest places that it is a powerful weapon.

Like right now! Just at this moment a bare chested man has walked all this way in the freezing snow to break his best friend out of his cell!

Wow....Bon Clay looks like a wreak but you got to say that even though he is part woman that he is all man under there. Not many people would trek though the snow and freezing to save their friend on the idea that a miracle worker will save them.

Still if you keep up with the manga and know that lately the anime has been covering one chapter per episode then you know that this isn't where the chapter ends. This point of the episode is actually half of the last chapter that was shown in Shonen Jump (Chapter 536). The last episode only covered half of Chapter 535 so this episode finished off material in Chapter 535 and half of Chapter 536. So I am guessing that eventually we will get an episode that will cover more the one chapter in the future.

Though I liked where this episode ended. It was a nice place to stop and it really was dramatic to see  after hearing the prisoners telling Luffy to abandon things like friendship. Excellent stopping point. Not sure how the next episode will begin but it be cool to see what will happen next week.

Also I didn't get my piece of heaven that I wanted but we got a lot of good things out of this episode. Can't wait for it!

Preview
Next week looks like an awesome episode! I mean we are going to see some great stuff in it! I can just tell by looking at the preview. I mean we are going to have stuff like Buggy and Mr. 3 fighting against the Arctic Wolves but just by looking above we have Bon Clay defending Luffy's body as he fight for his own life but also for Luffy's. That just looks so awesome to see.

We also seem to be having more reasons for me to keep my 'Hannyabal Stupid' tag. haha

Still seeing this is making me excited for the next episode. The appearance of a new character and maybe characters including one that been talked about for a while! Oh I just can't wait to see! I can just promise one thing about the next few episodes and that is  we are in for one WILD ride! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment