Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Anime: Impel Down Arc- Episode 438

First Thoughts
I TOLD YOU! I TOLD YOU THAT I WILL BE USING IVANKOV! HEEHAW!

Sorry for yelling.....Still I have been waiting for this episode for a long time now. I had no idea how this episode was going to be when it came to covering the material. I guessed that this episode was going to end right where it was going to if they weren't going to end the episode on a chapter and I was right about that. I just didn't expect the second part of the of episode to be so freakin funny. haha

This episode was nice. Now I am sorry that I have gave you nightmares for using the image above for the opening image for this post. If anything I am glad that I couldn't have used this one. HEEHAW!



Summary
Buggy and Mr. 3 are running away from Arctic Wolves.

Bon Clay rescues Luffy from his prison and seeks out Ivankov to help rescue Luffy from his poisoning. Bon Clay is attacked by Arctic Wolves and Luffy uses Haki to knock the wolves out and rescue Bon Clay.

The jailers of Impel Down scatter to search for Bon Clay.

Bon Clay awakens to find himself in Level 5.5 and standing before Ivankov.

Thoughts
You know when I first saw Buggy and Mr 3 avoiding the Arctic Wolves in the Candle House. I told myself that I will not pity them if the wolves found a way to bite though the Candle House or something and I didn't. Now that I look back at the scene, I found it really funny. haha. Just the idea of the wolves trying to bite though the house was stupid but excellent to see. haha

Still these poor guys. They really do try I can see. They just want to get away from all this dangerous stuff  but they can't. haha Still they are still idiots for trying to pull that little move of theirs. I just couldn't believe they even thought about trying that out but okay. Whatever. We now know how strong Mr. 3's wax is. Strong enough to take bites from crazy wolves but not strong enough to be turned to open frozen cold locks.
Mr. 3: "I did it!"

Buggy: "Did you?!"

Mr. 3: "I did it!... I broke the key!"
haha! Awesome. haha

 Though was it just me or did something looked a bit off when Buggy shot his Muggy Ball to the wolves? I am not a big person to notice things about animation but it seems a bit when he shot it. I could bray tell that it waas Buggy's shoe much less figure out if he shot the bomb. Still maybe it was me. Did anybody else notice that though?

The power of friendship and what you can do with it. That is what this show is about. How friendship can overcome any challenge that stands before a person. I wish we had gotten a good look at the guys in Luffy's cell but they seem a bit surprise to see that there was somebody there willing to help another person. Maybe I am just thinking about it too much but I will have to say they were moved by it or at least are unsure about themselves. I guess things are so bad in Impel Down at they never thought about escaping much less even having the chance of being free.

One bad point of this episode was the series of scenes of Bon Clay looking for Ivankov. I understand why they showed it but it just felt long. Now I think I am just complain to complain. Still sounds like Ivankov made a name of himself while there in his cell. I loved the color language that the prisoners had to say about Ivankov too. haha They had some many nice things to say about him.

Still that kid doesn't look too good there. I mean wasn't he moving around a bit in his cell before Bon Clay had came? I am guessing either the poison or the cold or both are finally hitting Luffy right now. For certain Luffy is in pain. I may be pointing out the obvious here but props to Toei for animating this scene so well to where we can see the pain being expressed on Luffy's face.


This was the scene that I was in awe (Or one of them really) when I saw it. I was just amazed at what was going on as Bon Clay was fighting to protecting Luffy. It was one thing that Bon Clay was putting up a good fight against the Arctic Wolves but it was another thing to be defending Luffy from their attacks.

I have to admit that I laughed when I saw that Luffy just got up and bit into the one wolf though. haha That was ridiculous to watch. haha I want to know what was going though Luffy's head when he decided it would have been best to bite the wolf. I guess he really wanted to help Bon Clay.


Then we get the money shot. The shot where Luffy looks serious and just let loose that haki on the Arctic  Wolves giving them full dose of it. Those things didn't have a chances but still looks like it took Luffy and Bon Clay down. When I saw that I was just was in awe and amazement. The music for these scenes was perfect for it as it set the tone for what was happening.

Who is tall looming figure? What does he has to do with what is going on?

I can tell this is a cool person. haha I had smiles when I saw that wine glass there.

Aww! Another reason why I am keeping my 'Hannyabal Stupid' tag! haha The more I see this guy, the more I realize that if this guy ever because warden of Impel Down that the place would be worse off then it has ever been.

I  can also see that the guy never takes his hat off because his hair has taken the form of this hat. Well that is nice to know. Still he seems really pathetic there.

There was suppose to be an image between these two but I am thinking it may not be good to show. Try to guess though.

Still because of Hannyabal being stupid, we get this nice little moment of Heaven here! Were we see this true beauty here with her cute little smile! How sweet was it to see another girl and that girl being Nami too! Oh how sweet it was! Have you guys notice that since Hancock left that we haven't seen any girls beside Sadichan and Domino? It has been just a bunch of guys really and I am kind of creep out from realizing that. So it is nice to see a girl in stripes.

Still I wonder. Where do all the female pirates go? Is Impel Down only for the male pirates? Or the girls are in different cells and we just don't see them.

Seems like Bon Clay has really made a mess of things though. As Magellan has some personal 'me' time. Seems like everybody is all rally up trying to find our Bon Clay. That is juts one funny face that Magellan has on though. haha

Mmmm....!

haha Sorry but really besides seeing Magellan on the can, I was just laughing at SadiChan as she was 'Mmmm'ing the whole time. I so wanted her to just let that tongue out and go 'Mmm' over and over again. I am sure she can just talk in 'Mmm's this whole time.

Still got to say that Bon Clay has a nice mug shot.

Now please excuse for the images you are about to see. They are unneeded but still this is a post about my thoughts on this episode.

Girls!

Girls!

GIRLS!

GIRLS!!! And Inazuma.

Really....During those scenes I was just counting the girls that were there and enjoying them. I mean you can only see so many guys right and this whole arc has just been a party of guys. A man needs to have his good share of women right? I may sound a bit bad or sexist but I really do miss the female touch that One Piece has. Level 5.5 is what we needed. I don't care if what I am thinking is true....any girl is better then none. haha

I am so going to regret that statement.

There a girl!

And then this episode just gets good. haha I was had a huge smile starting from this moment on. It felt as if I was in a strip club (I never been to one before but I guess it would be something like this) with the dark lights and all. I am guessing that a show is about to begin and a good one at least. haha

A GIRL!

CANDY BOY! haha  Awesome! Ivankov is just awesome! I am just loving this character. The way the VA said this was perfect! I am loving the VA for Ivankov and how he is just speaking. It was freakin awesome. How he was just moving and everything. The smile on my face was huge as I watched everything happening. A bit of me was worry as I saw guys in speedos but I was just having too much fun enjoying the crazy that was on stage. haha

ITS IVANKOV!

The man that we been waiting to see for a long time has appeared! And boy is he ugly looking! haha

Still I have to say I am loving Ivankov. He is just such a funny character. Since the eyecatcher, it feels like we were building up for this moment. I been waiting for this moment since seeing the last episode's preview. It was just amazing as we finally saw Ivankov. haha

Favorite part of this moment? Heehaw! haha

haha This would have been my face too if I didn't have a huge smile on my face from watching all that was happen. I would have been in shock and surprise at seeing how Ivankov really was but you know what? This whole thing was just crazy to see. I just found this awesome to watch. This whole episode was a trip and I have to say this was maybe one of the funniest episodes we have gotten out of Impel Down! haha I guess jail can be funny after all. haha I am not sure what else to say about this episode! It was just funny. I mean I kind of predicted that the episode was going to end on the revealing of Ivankov if it wasn't going to stop at an end of a chapter and this ending was good. It was so worth watching because of how funny it was. haha

Best One Piece Valentines episode ever!

Preview
Seems like things are going to happen next week. Whatever happening here has Bon Clay on his knees to what I guess is him begging Ivankov to heal Luffy. Is Ivankov somebody who is nice or just a pain? I hope not because this guy is funny here! haha

Wow...Luffy looks awake at least. Still sharp nails don't look so nice. I am guessing that Luffy is going to be in pain again. Though I am sure we are going to be in a rough ride as we watch Luffy go though heck.

heeheehee I think I am going to enjoy this moment here for personal reasons. haha Just saying....Still till next week! haha

1 comment:

  1. cool post man, loved the episode.. I did not expect the voice of Inazuma to be so girlish.. man that shocked me, and LOL @ Iva haha.. can't wait to see her/him/it in action.. or wen he finds out who's Luffy lol..

    ReplyDelete