Saturday, February 27, 2010

One Piece More: That Figures, Six More Months!

You know? I hate the winter time. It is cold. I don't like the cold. It is cold. haha Still I do like snow. I don't get snow often where I live. In the last five years it has snowed only three times and during those times we got a lot of snow! Boy was it fun to play in the snow. Still cold without snow sucks. Though I am sure guys who live in the northern United States are sick of it by now seeing that it has been snowing for two weeks now? Maybe more? I don't really know but I hope all you guys are okay. Sucks about making up those snow days though. As for me....Spring please come soon.


Six Months Anniversary
So this week marks six months of One Piece at at Time! Yay! Party! So what have I done in those six months? Well let me see the SEVENTY-TWO posts that are on this blog! Yes there are that many post in this blog! Seventy of them are done by me while two by DragonPiece. Still that is a lot of post don't think? In those seventy post I have covered my thoughts, anime and manga (mostly One Piece). Still it been cool. I was able to cover a convention, been part of a blogging project with another blog and even recapped One Piece in 2009. Got to met so many cool people because of One Piece and my love for anime. It just been so much fun for me. It been such a blast doing this blog and hearing from a bunch of other One Piece fans on their thougths about this wonderful series. So I am proud of the stuff that I have done so far.

Still what is there to expect in the next coming six months? I am happy that I have been covering every episode and manga chapter that been coming out but will I keep doing so? Heck yeah! Still I want more! As we speak I have plans here for this blog! I want it to be more then just manga and anime episode recaps! I want to cover news, reviews and such! Well I am not sure what else really or how to do it but it is all in the plans. I want to make this blog look good too! A banner and maybe even a new design! This may be a blog but I do want to see what can be done So much to do!

So those of you who have been following this blog, thanks! Keep reading because this is only the beginning! Tell your friend! One Piece is a huge thing but I am planning to cover as much as I can one piece at a time!

One Piece Figures
I did it. I feel so dirty. I broke one of my top rules that I have set myself for my anime fandom. I bought a figurine. It wasn't even a con for goodness sake! I am so ashamed of myself but still! I couldn't pass this up! No way! Just look at those things! They are One Piece figures! STRONG WORLD FIGURES TOO!

So I guess I should explain where I got them? These little guys came from my exploits with my friends that I have on Fridays (You know I have a life right?) which this time took us to the Asian market to this one store. This store called Fit has a lot of Japanese stuff and has some anime stuff. I got this letter opener that was the shape of Zoro's sword (they also had some from Bleach and Naurto) but this time they got figures too including some from Strong World and something else.

Click to enlarge

The Robin figure is nice. I am not sure if it is real or something due to the quality but I guess it is good for the price. It is a very nice figure minus a few details but still I like it. I wish they had Nami but  the choices was Franky, Zoro, Usopp with Chopper and her. So I went with her. Got to say she looks really good!

Still to the crop de coop! The Strong World figure! Beautiful! Clearly beautiful! This one came in one of those boxes that you see at conventions where you don't know what you are going to get til you open it. I was hoping that I would get Robin since if anybody remember that Robin was wearing a very cute outfit with glasses on but Zoro is cool. I need to adjust  a few things as you can see but I get to that later. Like you know maybe get Zoro to hold the sword right as I juts realize that it is suppose to be the other way. Still the Zoro figure is really nice and the color is pretty sweet. Now it just cool that I got something that I feel is rare Strong World stuff! What a lucky haul I got and I wasn't even looking for it too. haha

Still the fun doesn't end there! You see this box here? Well this isn't the box that the Strong World Zoro figure came in. This box contains another figure that is you! The reader! How can you get this figure? Well if you can find me at either Kamikaze Con or Anime Matsuri then this figure can be yours! I only have one figure but I am going to TRY to get another so I can have one for each convention. Still what the challenge? Finding me in the mist of all those anime fans with me being in cosplay. heeheehee

Your first chance to get this figure will be at Kamikaze Con which will be hosted at the JW Marriott Galleria in Houston, TX. This will be the weekend of March 19th-21st. So come spend your Spring Break with me and some anime fans eh? It be fun! Or at least I will have fun at least.

The next chance to get this figure will be at Anime Matsuri at the Marriott The Woodlands Waterway Hotel and Convention Center in The Woodlands, TX (twenty minutes away from Houston). This one will be Easter weekend from April 2nd-4th. I can't guarantee if I will have one there but I am going to try to get another just for this con or something just as cool. Still if anything then just head over here for the cool anime stuff! 

Still if you just like me or something and want to meet up then feel free to give me an email at onepieceatatimeblog (at) gmail (dot) com. We can chat a bit and discuss One Piece or anything really for a bit in a meet up between fans. 

Podcasting
So have any of you guys wonder how I sound like? Do you have dreams of me beside you talking sweet somethings? I sure hope not. haha Still if you ever want a voice to go with the words that you are reading right now then you are in luck! I have  been on a few podcasts in the last few weeks.

I have to say it been fun so far. Podcasting is surely a different thing compare to blogging where I can just take back whatever I want without having you guys know about it. Podcasting on the other hand makes it where if I say something then that means you guys know I said something wrong and I have to correct myself 'on air' but you still know I said something wrong. haha Then it also reminds me why I blog and not podcast. haha Boy do I hate my voice. It sounds so terrible and the speech impediment from my youth doesn't help. haha An hour can seem kind of long too when you are just there talking but it doesn't feel like an hour has passed. If anything it feels like I am talking to friends (Which they are since they are from friends I made on Twitter) so it is cool. Hmm...podcast with my real life friend? haha Nah. Still to the shameless promoting!

So the main one you can hear me on is on Jammer's AniMovie Podcast! Jammer just came on Twitter one day asking for people to help him out and I thought it be good to make good use of the mic I have and thought it be fun. We have done two episodes so far and I am loving it. Was able to vent out my thoughts on Avatar (both movie and cartoon) and just this week we talked about Haruhi. I warn you though that I may be hard to understand because of my speech impediment I mention before but if anything just listen to cool stuff we talked about. I am surprise that the Haruhi episode lasted so long. I didn't think we would talk about Haruhi for so long! I am slso surprise that I shared such a deep dark cosplay secret on there too....Good thing only two people listen to that podcast so you won't know! haha Oh wait.....Umm.....Is it too late to take that out of the post? Opps....Well yeah. Fun times!

And you can now download it on iTunes both on a PC and a MAC! Woot!

If you want something more One Piece related then you can hear me on the One Piece Podcast for their After Dark: Episode 5. A bit dated but I am sure there is somebody who haven't heard it. We had a well round and cultured discussion about fan service in One Piece surrounding the bust area of a female. haha 

Ok.....We talked about boobs and if anything it may get my Intro to Women Studies professor upset with me. haha Still we tried to be civilize about our discussion and I didn't really say much since it was so late but still a good listen to. If anything you can find out who I think are hot stuff in One Piece. haha Still viewer discretion is advise for that one.

CrunchyRoll App
So recently I got an iPod Touch. My first iPod (Rey) was hitting her last gig and I needed more room. So I got myself a new iPod for 'business'. I am not sure what the business is for but I will figure that out later while at the upcoming con. Still I been laptop less for a bit at school and the anime club at the uni isn't showing anything  good for certain times so I decided to hit the app store to get the CrunchyRoll App. It is a nice little tool. You can watch any anime that CrunchyRoll has that isn't limited to Anime Members commercial free. So I been using it to catch up on Durarara and Shugo Chara! Party!.

Now we hit a problem. It seems like the app relies on the wifi that you are connected to it and the wifi that I am connected to sucks....I would be watching something and soon the video would pause then stop. Something I can hear something but the steam isn't moving. I want to blame this on CrunchyRoll for not coming up with the idea of a buffer for the videos but then again I have a good feeling this is more the fault of a certain wifi network. Thought I  got to give CrunchyRoll props for being cool in making an app to allow a person to watch anime. Was able to see two episodes of Durarara and one of Shugo Chara! Party! because of it. So that it is all cool. Now if you have an iPod Touch of iPhone then I suggest you get this app if a lot of the anime you watch is on there or just some of it. The CrunchyRoll app is totally free and easy to use.

Now let see if I can now catch up on my Durarara and Shugo Chara!

One Piece at a Time Blog @ Facebook
One Piece at the Time is on Facebook now!  The problem is that I don't know what to do with it....So for now how about become a fan of the blog and just talk there a bit! I promise to say something. I may do some Facebook only events there I think. As soon as I figure the workings of the crazy thing. haha


Also please don't invite me to Mafia Wars or Farmville.

So that is about it! I am about to go crazy with a lot of stuff with midterms coming up and essays everywhere! What a wonderful time for me eh? Though you know what I have to look forward to? One Piece Season 2, Sixth Voyage! Right Stuf just gave me the news that they have shipped my stuff. I can only hope it comes after next Friday so I can enjoy it without worrying about it getting in the way of the three midterms and paper I have to do. haha Also if you are on Twitter then  feel like I need to make this clear, I don't have the new DVD set. Still I so wish that I did so I can watch the best part of One Piece (in my opinion) that has been in the series! The trailer for this set has been giving me goosebumps from just watching it and I am so ready to see everything on it!

So have a good weekend and pray that your sanity will be intact!

1 comment: