Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Manga: No New Chapter This Week (SPOILERS!)

SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!

So incase you don't know, there is no new One Piece manga chapter this week.

I am not sure what else to say beyond that fact. So how about I do a nice little recap of what happen since our last break which was around Christmas.

-Luffy rescue Ace using a wax key that Mr. 3 made.
-In an attempt to save Luffy from an attack by Akainu, Ace gets a magma fist in the chest.
-Ace realize that he did have a reason to live. Then dies.
-Luffy goes into shock.
-Whitebeard goes crazy (with a nice chunk of his head missing) and attacks.
-Blackbeard appears with a expanded crew at Marineford.

And that is basically it! I am sure I missed a lot of details but I feel like these are important points to mention. There may be more but oh well.

So last week's chapter left us with a huge question which is: What does Blackbeard have plan?

I don't care. If you read last week's post, I am ready for Marineford to end. I would have been happy if it ended after Luffy saved Ace from the execution platform or when Ace got a magma fist in the chest. Both would have been fine with me. Still Blackbeard being here just makes me feel that we are in for another ten or so chapters in Marineford to just drag out this thing. I am sure that there is a huge reason why Blackbeard is there and it be pointless for whatever Blackbeard does to last just one chapter. I am sure that Blackbeard will just say something important or take down Whitebeard himself in some way. Still I am not much in a prediction mood right now to make any good ones.

If anything I feel that Blackbeard being here will only help Luffy in getting out of Marineford. Blackbeard seem to have no real hate for Luffy and doesn't wish him ill feelings. They both kind of share the same kind of spirit but only have different goals in minds. Who knows what Blackbeard has under him as he is the biggest unknown in a series filled with unknowns. I remember seeing on a LiveJournal (beware, what you may see could be shocking) site about how Oda plan to reveal or 'randomly' discover One Piece. I am having mix feelings about this but I feel that Blackbeard is going  to be part of this 'randomly' discovery which may means that it is a good thing that Luffy is out cold. Blackbeard seems like the type of guy to just scream out something like "I know what One Piece is! It is a...".

If anything Blackbeard is a mix blessing that would help lead where the arc will go in the next few weeks. May it be good for the Marines, the pirates of neither. Heck he could screw up everything for everybody. It just that things will be going down now in the next few weeks and I just pray that we get done with Marineford soon. Please! haha

P.S.: Whitebeard...please explain how are you still standing? Most people tend to not be alive (Is that the right term?) when they are missing part of their head like you are right now. There is also the issue of the holes in your chest. Please make sense of this. Still we are still buds! Love the QUAKEPUNCH! you gave Akainu and please give on your Kizaru.

3 comments:

  1. re: Whitebeard missing part of his head
    I can't always tell what's going on in the action panels sometimes. It looked to me that he got punched but he only lost the left side of his beard? not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rayuen
    From what I can see, it seems like he did lost his the left side of his beard but also his left eye. Since that panel where he lost it, his left eye has been darken in shadows so it could be Oda trying to make it look not so gory. If anything then it looks like somebody bit into his head and stopped like an inch or so before his nose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so no chapter for that week ..so this new week will there be 2 new chapters of one piece release or still same only 1 chapter release? i hope it make it up for this last week chapters which did not have. i also hope it will release 2 new episode of one piece for this new week because the episode that are suppose to release or not release last week which is a big disappointment to me i was wanting the arc of the marineford will be over fast and luffy and his crew will reunite

    ReplyDelete