Thursday, February 18, 2010

Manga: Chapter 575 (SPOILERS!)

SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!

What a chapter. I mean there was a lot of content in this chapter since it felt so short. A lot of two page spreads in this one. It was a good chapter but I am beginning to think that this arc is beginning to take it's toll on me. It is lasting a bit way too long for me. I think you can tell by this chapter maybe. I just may be thinking about this too much or maybe I am tried. Long day you can say. haha Still I am in my POWER SUIT! So that means I can do anything! HEEHAW!
"Did you know? Men who share alcohol cups can be brothers! From this day forward, We're brothers!"
-Ace
This statement explained so much. The tight bond between Luffy and Ace. Luffy and Ace really thought of themselves as brothers and that what they were. I don't know who in their sane mind will give alcohol to two kids but hey. This is One Piece! People can have massive black hole in their chest and still move!

And we see that Ace is still smiling. It is like he is sleeping. Aww!

I am going to say what I thought was the coolest parts for me in this chapter by using pictures! I do that all the time already so I have no problem with that here! haha

I mean we haven't had much faith in anything to give Marco seeing that he was kind of a huge disappointment? Hint hint not doing anything in protecting Luffy till the kid was pinned down with lasers and then the whole Ace thing where Croc has to step in. Yeah...not a good track record. Still this moment here I think has made me like Marco a bit more now. I mean yeah the guy looked pretty cool there countering Akainu but that line that Marco said got me.
"That is the life, The determination that allowed Ace to live!"
-Marco
I wonder how much time did Ace spend talking about Luffy or did the flaming bird got all of this in the small time that he has met Luffy. Still pretty cool.

Speaking about Luffy...yeah...the kid is going to be out for a bit. I am not sure if you can see his face but from looking at his eyes and everything. Luffy is so not in at the moment. The kid is in shock beyond anything at the moment. Luffy isn't screaming and going on a crazy rampage but I am sure that inside his mind the guy is yelling and screaming like no tomorrow in pain. He is thrashing around and just going crazy. I am not sure what is going to be done to get Luffy out of this shock moment but it is going to be a while. I have a good feeling that Luffy is going to be out of it for the rest of this arc or something. Normal people don't just watching their big brother die before their eyes and move on as if nothing has happen. Luffy may not be normal but at least the kid has a deep tie to family.

Speaking of not normal people.....

QUAKEPUNCH!

Whitebeard....Whitebeard...Whitebeard...

You know....There are several things we put up with as One Piece fans. Being stab with a hook though the chest. Surviving a giant bomb directly. Having a black hole in your chest for a good while. Still.....having a good chunk of her head burn off by lava. Really? You want me to believe that Whitebeard can keep on going after having his face burn off like that. Isn't his brain being exposed right now? I am sure that isn't good for a person! I mean how thickheaded Whitebeard is then? What!

Ok....I can figure this out right? Let think about it. Hmm.....Whitebeard's Devil Fruit is a Logia type! BUT! It is kind of like Blackbeard's Devil Fruit where he doesn't turn into his element. You know since the earth is always in a solid form. It isn't fluid like fire or lightning. That would explain why Whitebeard has no problem with QUAKEPUNCH!-ing Akainu without burning his hand because the earth can take what lava can dish out. Still Whitebeard isn't able to reform himself unless he just takes a piece of dirt and stick on there so he just keeps on going and going! Yeah...I like this. I like this a lot! It all makes sense now! Perfect sense! Heeheehee...

Yeah.....I am going to pretend the fact that Whitebeard is just walking around without a piece of his head missing. Forgive and forget right? haha

Also I think it is safe to say that Akainu is down for a bit. Too many QUAKEPUNCH! to the head if you know what I mean.

Now we hit the crazy part. The part of the chapter that just made me raise my eyebrow and wonder what the heck is going on. First we have Whitebeard walking around with...oh yeah...not going to acknowledge that...haha

Still this giant thing comes out of nowhere and stands behind the most likely torn up Marine HQ looking like some sort of little kid. Right...Still the next page was something because we see the  return of Blackbeard with a full crew! The Anti-StrawHats!

As in full crew I mean Blackbeard now has a crew of ten people making it one more up then Luffy's crew. As in Anti-StrawHats I mean mostly in as how Blackbeard seem a bit more darker and opposite of Luffy's ideals yet similar in some ways. That is a blog post in of itself but yep. A full crew of ten. The number that Luffy wants for his own crew.

Personally....I don't want Blackbeard here. I just feel like Blackbeard being here means that Marineford is going to be going on a bit longer then I want it to be. The arc itself feels long enough already and I think it be nice if it ends here but Oda knows what he is doing apparently. I been hearing that people think Blackbeard is coming back and I guess they are right. I was hoping they be wrong since I wanted this arc to end already.

Still before I go on to why Blackbeard is here. I want to go over Blackbeard's crew. Including Blackbeard, there are five members of the crew that we saw during the Jaya arc. Then we have Shiryuu that joined back in Impel Down after giving Blackbeard crew the antidote. Then it seems like Blackbeard went shopping for new crew mates in Impel Down as he got three new people to join his crew. Fresh out of Impel Down since they are still in their prisoner outfits too. Also apparently they got names too. The big guy back there is supposedly called San Juan Wolf. Happy drinking dude is Basco Shot supposedly. Smiling lady there is suppose to be Catarina Devon.Dude that has the upside down Whitebeard mustache has no name.  I remember hearing about Wolf and Shot while one day looking of Impel Down on the One Piece Wikia which is where I got this information. If this is really them then okay. Beside the fact that they came from Impel Down, I don't really care of them too much.

Though another thing that I want to point out is that Wolf may have been seen before at least in the anime. Remember when Crocodile got the people in Level Six all rally up about killing Whitebeard? Well if you look here, you can see a pretty tall and big fellow there. Not sure if that is really Wolf since I think he is bigger but then again who know how big things are there. Something to think about.

Now why is Blackbeard here in Marineford? Is it part of his 'master plan'? Is it something else? I don't know. Somebody told me on Twitter that Oda hinted at Ace dieing a month  and that One Piece would be seen soon at Jump Festa. Does Blackbeard know where One Piece is and that is why he is a Marineford? That One Piece can be seen from there? If so then Luffy chose a good time to be knocked out. Won't be the first time that the viewers see or know something before the main cast knows about it. I kind of don't know about that happening though. Be interesting but then again we could spend hours talking about what Oda means and I think it is better to see just what happen when it comes to One Piece. If anything I think Blackbeard could be there to 'help' the Marines against Whitebeard so he can keep his status as a Warlord since he may found a reason to keep it even though he said that he doesn't need it back at Impel Down.Blackbeard will 'help' long enough to allow Luffy and them to get away then pull some stuff but at least put up a good show for the Marines to show that he is good on being a Warlord.

Still we won't know what will happen till two weeks seeing that One Piece is going on break in the manga. What a great place for a cliffhanger too! Oh well. I am guessing we are going to get a nice chapter about Blackbeard two weeks from now so we can enjoy that. So back to this wonderful story in two weeks! Yay!

1 comment: