Monday, February 8, 2010

One Piece Season 1 Voyages 1-4 Review!





One Piece Season 1 Voyages 1-4 Review By Dragon Piece
Years ago, the fearsome pirate king Gold Roger disappeared, leaving a huge pile of treasure and the famous “One Piece” behind. Whoever claims the “One Piece” will be named the new pirate king. Luffy D. Monkey, a boy who consumed the “Devil's Fruit”, has it in his head that he'll follow in the footsteps of his idol, the pirate Shanks, and find the One Piece. It helps, of course, that his body has the properties of rubber and he's surrounded by a bevy of skilled fighters and thieves to help him along the way."

One Piece is a awesome show, go out and buy it....now. Just kidding, but seriously One Piece is a one of those kinds of show that you love, and no not that type of middle school love where you love the person for one day but that heart felt love where you love it forever. Well at least that is how it feels for me and I am sure you will after seeing these first 53 episodes. Now if you still don't like it by then you must be crazy or it's probably just not your style of show.  So this review will go simple here is how things will go.


List Of Contents!
------------------

  • Packaging for the dvd's
  • Summary Review Of Each Set
  • Final Thoughts




Packaging!



 So  here is how the packaging looks for the dvd's! I will just be showing you the first voyage dvd, because once you have seen this one you have seen them all! So first as soon as you pick these dvd's up from a store you can tell Funimation put something in it to feel well nice, well nothing to really brag over but it still feels good! But yeah so the first picture  just shows you how the back covers usually look for this season, which in my opinion is really nice as it shows you highlight screen caps of the season so you can tell which set of episodes are in this set and what to look forward to in it! And it also features each straw hat featured in each voyage of the season(sadly excluding Sanji).  The next picture  is showing you how thin packs for the first season look which in my opinion is really nice while I am not a fan of thinpacks too much as the make the index of your dvd case look crappy after even a couple of days of having the set if you are not really careful (Ding,Ding Me!), I do enjoy thin packs though because we get MORE cover art which is good in a lot of cases for me. But for this series these thin packs are sadly just focus up's on the characters featured in the dvd that they are in. But any ways I still don't mind as I think they look great! The last picture I want to show you guys is a look inside the thin pack case, nothing really special here. So anyways that is how the packiging gets a big A- for me, because everything was good except for how the dvd's look after a month.

Summary's For Each Voyage!

First Voyage: To me this was a great start up for the show giving us a whole lot of introduction time and just making it a flat out enjoyable experience. I mean getting 3 saga's to start of a story feels great to me I enjoyed seeing all these characters I knew I would treasure forever! The only iffy I have for this is the first episode, as I don't like how the show started up that way but in the end I really did enjoy seeing it when it all played out though!

Second Voyage: This was actually the first voyage and to tell you the truth the first set of One Piece episodes I watched so this is why I like this voyage so much! But yeah this arc really shows you how great of a write Ecchiro Oda is, Definitely the last episode which I will save for you to watch! But yeah we are introduced to Sanji and on of the seven warlords in this saga which is really cool. So yeah another great voyage

Third Voyage: Now this is one I really, REALLY enjoyed! It is one you are going to enjoy because you finally get to see Nami's past when no one was even thinking about it seeing that we were just at the Barite not even close to focusing on her! So yeah this is a pretty good volume also I really REALLY don't want to spoil but let me give you a hint of what this volume is about: Fish-men.

Fourth Voyage: This is the big bang to One Piece's final arc in the East Blue as we get to conclusion to the Arlong arc, a cover story arc featuring Buggy and a strange pirate stuck in a box we met earlier and finally the LougeTown arc this really does set it all off. I mean it really sets it off I really enjoyed the LougeTown arc because we got a personal episode with each character of One Piece which was really nice!  

Final Thoughts!

In the end, I really enjoyed this first season of One Piece as it sets everything up for things to come and you feel like you already love the main characters of this show you feel like you don't have to see that much of them all the time so Oda can open up . So of course this is definitely worth the watch if you have not.

Final rating: 4 Stars(Hint: Buy this set, it is awesome!)

No comments:

Post a Comment