Monday, March 1, 2010

Anime: Impel Down Arc- Episode 440

Seen in the US of A on OnePieceOfficial.com!

First Thoughts
This was an awesome episode! I really think that the ending of this episode and some small things made this an episode great. I mean a lot of the same thing happen in this episode when you think about it but it really was able to shine a lot.

This feels like a very lacking 'First Thoughts'. I think it is because I am sick or something. That or I just don't have much to say about this episode. It threw a lot out at us but beside some dialog that could be important later the was about it.

Summary
Ivankov explains his power of controlling hormones.

Impel Down discover that Luffy is missing from his cell and is still in a panic about Bon Clay. They are also preparing to move Ace.

Bon Clay and the people in Level 5.5 cheer on Luffy to recover. Luffy then wakes up from his heal process.

Thoughts
The scary thought is that some of those hot girls that we are seeing above were once guys.

I was kind of surprise with this episode starting with the recap. That was one short recap we got. The shortest that I think we ever got from One Piece since forever. In a show that is famous to me for it's long recaps I was wondering how far back they were going to go but I guess by now we all know what is going on. We can see Luffy in pain so much before we are tried of it. Also last week's episode covered so little when you think about it. If anything we got some recap in the episode itself as in when Bon Clay mention what Ivankov did to that one guy. That was nice to see again. haha

If anything we got a bit of a recap of what is Ivankov's power by going over what happen in the last episode with the (once was a) dude. Still we don't get much as in what the heck is Death Wink. I don't think that was part of Ivankov's Horm Horm abilities but it could be. I am sure One Piece has done stretch like that before on Devil Fruit Powers.

It's haki. That what it is! Anything that can't be explain will be explained with by haki! 

Still how about no? Maybe it is just a gust of wind that is created and then pressurize as Ivankov blinkes his eyes. That sounds like it is possible. Kind of like Zoro's Pound Phoenix attack minus the pretty colors.

I can understand why Impel Down is so feared and all. It has torture that not even the US has thought about doing. Heck some of the things they do there are inhumane. Still it makes me wonder why people don't try to break out so often. If people can actually live between the floors and sneak around when the manticores when they are sleeping then what else can happen? This is like a small town (or maybe more like a strip place) here in Impel Down. I really wonder what kind of shop is Magellan is running if food can disappear and nobody saying anything. Kind of strange but it happens. Those must be some thick walls too if they could have entrances on every floor and such too.

Though it is kind of cool. I remember as a little kid of having a 'room' in a wall where a person would live. I guess Oda stole that from my little kid mind. haha I didn't make it as elaborate (or as 'colorful') as Level 5.5 but it was something like that. haha

Now here is a scary man. Shiryuu of the Rain! RAIN! He make it rain blood from the sky! Oh noes! Still the ex-Jail Manger of Impel Down. I wonder what he did. To tell the truth I wonder what the other people do and why is the heck Hannyabal Vice Warden while Shiryuu was only Jail Manger. Does that mean Hannyabal is stronger? I sure hope not. Or maybe rank doesn't mean anything when you can kill all those prisoners so easily with a sword.

If anything I wonder what Magellan had to do to subdue Shiryuu since it seems like both are very powerful men. I wonder if we will get a voice of him. Still now we see what this pretty guy looks like so that means we will see him soon enough. It be a waste if we don't. haha

Now this made the episode for me! Seeing these two scenes just made me go all out fanboy as we saw Crocodile. Then to make it better we get the covers of  Volume 22 and Volume 21! Now this is a real treat! When has this ever happen before in One Piece? I am not sure when since I didn't keep up with the manga until recently. Still it is really cool to see this animated. I am debating if this will become my laptop's background since it looks so nice. At least at this size. I am not sure how it will look like on a laptop.

Still seems like Ivankov knows or at least heard about Crocodile. Either Crocodile is a loud speaker talking about crazy things that people in Level 5.5 can hear him or Ivankov goes to Level 6 and chit chat with some of the people there.
Crocodile (in Level 6): "There are several people who want Whitebeard dead! AH-HAHAHAHA~!"

Person in Level 5.5 (in Level 5.5): "What was that Iva?"

Ivankov (in Level 5.5): "OH! That is just old Crocodile! Talking crazy things! Oh wait! I feel like I am going to faint! NOT!"
Yeah...I think it is something like that. haha Because Crocodile has such a booming voice.

Though it could because Ivankov happen to read a newspaper about the whole Alabasta thing while in Impel Down. 

Also am I the only one that is a bit wary of Ivankov? The guy just ate a bone as if it was a carrot. Does that count as strange? Maybe Ivankov has hormones to make his teeth tougher or something. Or maybe I should stop thinking about it. haha

Then we get the yelling from Bon Clay. 

Then we jump to SadiChan.

Then I think I have a problem with us scene jumping all of the place. I am not sure but it kind of annoys me. It is nice to see what the others are doing but also I want more scenes with SadiChan. Just hearing her moans is funny to hear. 

Mmmmm~!

Our moment of Hannyabal Stupid which gives me a reason to use my tag for Hannyabal. haha I kind of wonder what took them so long to find Hannyabal. Are they use to him just doing stupid things and not being gone? Or does things run better without him? haha Still seems like the buy is found and he has strawberry print boxers. haha I wonder if he was the ones that taught the manticores those words. haha

You will never become warden if you just hang there. haha Still hang in there Hannyabal! haha

I wish I had the time but really I don't  feel like it. Still if you remember the big news was that the VA that plays Jinbei died. So I wonder if this is a new VA for Jinbei or some stuff that the guy recorded before dieing. If it is the old VA then that is kind of creppy. If it is the new VA then okay. He sounds good. I didn't really pay attention to the last one but I am sure we won't notice it too much.

Though I wonder, the VA for Jinbei also did VA for Hercule from Dragonball Kai. So will this new VA also voice Hercule when they get to his part in Kai? Something to think about I guess.


Back on the farm....Seems like noise is coming out. 

This scene I think was played out perfectly. It gave your that sense of dread as Luffy's blood just poured from under the door as everything was quiet. Ivankov did a good job in being disappointed to see that Luffy has 'passed on'. Then we get the thud of the door. Now that was nice. I wish that we got to look more at Luffy's body as it was skinny as heck and he was just sstanding in a pool of his own blood. Still it just played out nicely. I wish I didn't read the One Piece Wikia back during my time when this was happening so I could have been more surprised and scared but it was still a happy moment.

Then guess what? Our boy is back in action!
"FOOD!!!"
-Luffy

Yep, our boy is back. haha Being his own self demanding for food as if he hasn't eaten anything in years. Heck he looks like he hasn't ate anything in years. 

Then we get a 'classy moment' here as we listen to the fart sounds of Magellan on his 'throne'. haha These little human moments just make Magellan such a lovable guy. I mean he is over powering and his fruit power is scary as heck but you got to love it when the guy can't do anything because he is on the toilet.

Still seems like things are going to be moving soon in Impel Down. For better or worse? 

So we get a much happy ending to an episode! Luffy our man is back in town and fully healed! The guy may be hungry but you got to love as he just digested all that food to regain his color and muscle tone. haha That guy was an eating machine! Just one piece of food after and another. Then he just yells out like that. 

Yep. Luffy is back and I can't help to say that I am glad. 

I did enjoy the Bon Clay centered episodes since the guy did a good job in carrying the episodes but I would like to see us move a bit faster and I am hoping that Luffy being back at full power is what we need. So welcome back Luffy! Now go kick some good butt!

Preview
Seems like next episode we are getting some Ivankov's backstory as it seems like he has some dealings with Dragon. I wonder if he knows about Luffy and Dragon's connection. I don't think so since Ivankov didn't mention it before but then again it could explain why he was willing to help Luffy out. Still it be cool to hear Dragon speak. The guy is cool and for once a noncrazy laugh Dragon is appreciated.

Love that undershirt that Ivankov is wearing though! haha

Still things are going to be moving! Luffy is back and ready to kick some butt! I am so going to like the next episode. We get Dragon and some Luffy fighting action along side with Ivankov. Seems like the deeper Luffy goes into Impel Down, the more friends he makes. Cool. Can't wait. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment