Thursday, March 25, 2010

Manga: Chapter 579 (SPOILERS!)

SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!!
You can buy One Piece Manga from Viz! So yeah...Do it...

Shonen Jump and Viz, call me! We can do things! haha I can get paid! haha Oh yeah...blog post!

COBY FOUND HIS BALLS! haha That was the first thing I thought to myself when I saw Coby standing before Akainu. Then I thought about how awesome that was to see as the kid just stood there before Akianu and knowing that a magma fist was going to be shot though the guy's stomach. Not a good feeling I think.

Still what Coby did was a complete surprise to me since I wasn't expecting him to just run up there and yell to everybody to stop fighting. I guess a panel from the early part of the chapter should have been a clue when we saw Coby  talking to Helmeppo about how he was hearing a voice disappearing (Get to that soon.). That should have been a sign that Coby was going to do something but I had no idea that it was going to be just something so big and awesome. Way beyond anything I could have thought. Calling everybody on the battlefield idiots. No wonder Akainu wanted to punch him. haha

I know that it was cool back when Coby tried to challenge Luffy early in Marineford but this was way much cooler! I mean this time Coby didn't get punch in the face after talking to himself coolly to get pep up to fight. That is something! Here he just almost got burned by magma. Then I know there was that thing at Water 7 but I can't speak much about that since I haven't really seen it.

Coby with mantra? As in the mantra that we were introduce to back in Skypeia? I mean it sure sounds like what Coby is going though with the idea of a 'voice' inside of his head disappearing. Either that or Coby has more problems then we think he does if you know what I mean. I don't mind if Coby has mantra. It will make good use of something that we learn back in Skypeia seeing that not many things from that arc carried over. Surely it will give Coby an upper hand once he get use to combat to where he would avoid getting punched in the face first thing in (Poor Coby). Still Coby seem to have this thing where he has good fighting skills but just doesn't have the battle experience to use them which we saw earlier in this arc.

Still the kid has a point. The Marines have done their thing. Ace is dead. Whitebeard is dead. Going after the rest of the pirates seems to be a bit overkill. Also this thing has been going on way too long. We are seeing that the Marines are kind of being more then stretched thin. We saw that Tashigi witness that some of the Vice Admirals were telling their own underlings to just leave their fellow wounded Marines behind. Then we have Smoker who is questioning what is going on here.
"Something wrong here! Both 'Justice' and 'Evil'...!"
-Smoker
Just by looking at Blackbeard and Akainu, you can bray tell who is the evil one and who is the good one. Both people are causing just as much damage as the other one. Heck! Just look at Akainu as he is just stomping on a pirate (or I think is a pirate) with an army of yelling Marines behind him. Akainu is just screaming as he attacks while being all bloody up.
"Abandoning Marines that could be saved if tended to!!! And just piling more sacrifices on top of them! Every Marine that falls from here on out!!! Don't you think they'll look like COMPLETE IDIOTS!"
-Coby
It seems like it touched everybody there that had some sort of brain and/or heart. Garp looked scared as heck as he saw Coby there. Maybe because he realized what the kid was saying or maybe because he was afraid that Coby has made his last stand since he was in front of Akainu saying that. Helemppo was scared for Coby too. Blackbeard seem a bit taken back but I am not sure. The guy was going on a mad rampage claiming that he will end Sengoku and Garp's age too. Not sure how since he knows he doesn't have complete control of his new power but we will see I guess.

Still I love what Coby said to himself before Akainu was about to punch him.
"Oh no! I'm going to die! But I said it! What I wanted to say! I have no regrets!"
-Coby
Sound familiar? Maybe because Coby said this before back when he back talked Alvida in the first episode. Now he just said it to a much cooler person and in a cooler place. Makes me wonder about Coby's future though. Will he stay in the Marines or leave? He left the last group he was with when he said that but this is his dream, to be in the Marines. We see...Just me thinking is all.

 Oh fudge....This isn't good.....

Awesome face! I mean we finally find out what Kizaru has been. Apparently waiting for the right moment to troll Luffy it seems. haha What a silly face though. Buggy just is so funny when he has these moments of awesome and then gets these expressions which are priceless.

More small observations of mines that I want to point out before we get to another awesome part of this chapter.

Look in the picture above and you see Jinbei being caught by Jean Bart. Then next to Jean Bart you can see Bepo trying to catch Jinbei but failing. haha Poor bear. He wants to help but was unable to. At least he got to carry Luffy later on. Still I do wander if Luffy is dead though. Maybe the kid is not dead but it worries me what Coby said earlier about a 'voice' disappearing. Does he mean Luffy? He does have a close connection to Luffy after all. I am sure that whoever 'voice' that disappeared must be somebody important.

Still seems like Luffy may be taken care of and going somewhere else. But what about his hat? The straw hat? Where is it? 

Oh there it is! On the ice! Wait? SHANKS!

Yeah. That is Shanks and boy was I kind of surprise.

Before I move on. I kind of was hearing things about Shanks being in this chapter. Kind of got spoiled on Twitter when looking up One Piece there. Spoilers are bad and some people like me want to be surprise. It didn't really matter here since I was more interested in what Shanks was doing here or how he would appear because how he came here was just awesome.
"Well done young Marine...The 'second of courage' you bet your life on creating...for good or bad have just changed the fate of the world!"
-Shanks
Now that was awesome. This was all before we even see his face too! Did anybody notice that though? That Shank was in three pages of this chapter but we didn't get to see his full face till the last panel of this chapter? Boy has the guy aged. Compare him to when we first see him early in the series and Chapter 0 and you can see the guy looks very different. He has much longer hair and his head looks a bit rounder compare to the long  face that he seem to have sported early in the series. The seas must have changed the man.

It is kind of strange though. Earlier in the week I was thinking about Luffy's straw hat and how it would be returned to him or who will find it. Then out of random I thought that Shanks would find the hat. I don't know how but I just imagine that we will see Luffy's hat float downward after Crocodile's Sables attack and land in Shank's hand while he was on his ship that was on it's way to Marineford or something. Still this was much more then what I thought of.

Still I love what Shanks said in the last panel!

"I've come to end this war!"
-Shanks


OH YES PLEASE! Please do! It has lasted too long and we need to leave this place! I mean I kind of didn't want Shanks to be here since we have had so many big players here already and adding Shanks would be just too much. Also it kind of funny that now we have Shanks and Luffy being in the same area but Luffy is pass out at the moment to appreciate it. haha So that sucks for Luffy.

 Click to Enlarge

Now something to think and talk about. Notice that figure there behind Coby? My good friend KoRnpedo from Twitter pointed out that Shanks was behind Coby before he made his epic save. I can see it and want to believe but I kind of saying no. It makes more sense and even more awesome then Shanks appearing out of nowhere but I am noticing the hand that the guy is holding the sword with. The guy is holding the sword with his left hand which is a hand that our good buddy Shanks seems to be missing. It could be an Oda mistake but I am not sure. What you guys think? Still something to think and talk about.


Right now I am thinking about the different ways that Shanks could end it. One way is to turn himself in for exchange of letting the Whitebeard Pirates and Heart Pirates (Law's group) go. Another way is to just fight off the Marines. I mean Beakman himself seem to be able to hold off Kizaru from doing any damage to Law's people. Then again I am thinking they want to stop the fighting period and lessen the damage that Blackbeard has done with the Gura Gura fruit, note that he was tilting the island not too long ago. Still I am wondering what Blackbeard would try to do.


This chapter just had so much awesome. It is times like this when I wish our chapters were longer or if we got two chapters instead of one for this week. That way we could see what Shanks has planned and what Law wants to do. Though one thing for sure, next week is going to be big! Just another layer on the awesome cake that One Piece is!

1 comment:

  1. ah this chapter, I literally fell of my chair wen i saw Shanks clashing with the red son of dog.. damn..

    ReplyDelete