Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Anime: Impel Down Arc- Episode 443

Awesome like this can only be seen by Americans on OnePieceOfficial.com!

Thoughts
The image above is the awesome image of the week. I was going to use this image in the body of the post but really it was just too awesome not to use it for the opening image. (Also I didn't want to repeat the opening image I had originally in the post itself)

Which the episode itself was just awesome! I mean the recap had basically most of what the last minute from from the episode before which I really enjoyed. Then the ball got rolling from there as we got more and more awesome to make this a great episode. I really want to say this was the best episode we got from Impel Down but I think I said that before. I am not sure. haha There is no words that I can use to describe this episode at the moment so let just go on to the next part of this post!

Summary
Luffy, Ivankov and Inazuma release Crocodile and Jinbei from their cells and escape from Level 6.

Hannyabal starts to mobilize against Luffy and his band of prisoners.

Ivankov commands his New Kama Land Army to release as many prisoners to create a riot.

Luffy, Jinbei and Crocodile fight off jailers on Level 4. Later Crocodile goes to release Mr. 1 (Das Bones) from his cell.

Thoughts
So the episode starts off awesomely as the first thing we see is Crocodile's golden hook gleaming on the title page. Very cool. Now that is a good sign of an awesome episode. haha

And a good sign that this post is going to have a lot of images in it. haha Sorry guys that are looking at this blog for the first time (Because you notice my flier from KamiKaze Con) but I promise that these post won't be filled with images in the future. Then again...let pretend I didn't make that promise. haha

We just get an awesome flashback of Luffy's and Crocodile's past. What happy memories right? I mean seeing Vivi breaking down in frustration and a hook in Luffy's chest. Those were the times. A time that was much simpler. haha

I love the feeling that Luffy is show. A feeling of rage on his face as he looks at one of the villains that has caused maybe the most damage and certainly the most cunning. A villain that certainly has a crocodile smile as he introduce himself with confidence that can only belongs to Crocodile. Now I am very excited for this scene here. I am excited that Crocodile is back but I am impress with the feeling that Luffy is showing against Crocodile. This guy  brought Luffy to near death (which something that villains before Crocodile haven't done before and three times to count) and now he is back. The kid is damn upset that to see the guy. I can guess he is angry that Crocodile is not only offering to help just to suit himself but from seeing him again. I am not sure what Luffy would do if he saw some of his older villains but I am happy to see that he is showing anger at a villain. It shows a different side to our happy go lucky hero.

I loved this moment too! Seeing Croc's face as Ivankov calls out Crocodile on a secret from his past. Heeheehee. It just so rare to see Croc in a position like this that it taste so great! I really wonder what Crocodile's secret weakness that Ivankov mentions. It is from his rookie days so I am really wondering about it. Knowing Ivankov, it has to involve something with his power and Crocodile. That or Croc's old dream of becoming King of the Pirates. Either way, Ivankov seems really smug about this secret and Croco Boy seems really upset. haha

And it seems like the peanut gallery had something to say too as they want out . What losers. haha They deserve the attack from Ivankov to shut them up. Still I guess there is a lot of people wanting Whitebeard dead. They are willing to say anything to get at the old man aren't they. What little suck ups.

Then the awesome just piles up as we see Jinbei willing to stand up and wanting to help out Luffy. Now that is awesome to hear since everybody guess that Jinbei wouldn't care for humans since he was over Arlong at one point of time. You would think based on Arlong's attitude that Jinbei would hate humans too but surely this was a big surprise on everybody else we see that Jinbei is a decent person.
"Such a strong bond between a Warlord, "First Son of the Sea" Jinbei, and Second Division Command of the Whtiebeard Pirates, "Fire Fist" Ace."
-Ivankov
That is truly impressive. Still does it seem like Ivankov can just pull out these little moments here and tell that there is deep connections between people? Does this comes from years of just observing people and how they act? He notice which direction Dragon looks at. He could get the same vibe from Luffy as he gets from Dragon. Now Ivankov can see the bond between Ace and Jinbei.

Still Luffy sees this bond and I guess here he has the final decision on who goes with him and who doesn't. Seems like we are in for some awesome stuff now.

Awesome indeed as we see what is maybe one of the coolest teams in this arc and maybe this series so far (minus the StrawHats themselves).  There is some bias in that statement but I don't care. We have a guy who has scissors for hands, a man who is as cunning as a crocodile, a man that has a huge head, a fishman and Luffy. How much more awesome can this team get at this moment? haha

Wait...Where is Inazuma's wine glass? I mean I am not sure if it was in the manga but an Inazuma without a wineglass is like a Luffy without a straw hat. haha Well maybe not but you get what I mean. Oh well. Still awesome.

Look at the gleaming in Crocodile's hook. haha He so needs a gleam in his smile too. haha

Still where is the light that is creating this gleam coming from? Level 6 doesn't look bright enough to do that!

haha Still there we get Ivankov's ruining Croc's parade. haha Bring up the past. I wonder how much this will effect what Croco Boy does. Poor Crocodile. You feel so high and mighty and then get pulled down. Sucks to be you.

The fail parade now starts as we see that the jailers of Impel Down are not so smart....haha Shiryuu is kind of right. They don't seem to get anything right. I mean it is clear that they escaped though the ceiling. Why would there be a ramp leading up towards the ceiling?

Still seems like Shiryuu wants to help out. Now this sounds like fun. Wonder where this may lead. haha If anything it may just be a lot of blood. If there is a face off between Impel Down forces and Luffy's band, then the best bet would be Crocodile to deal with Shiryuu which I guess would mean he will have to fight. Still that be cool. haha At least we knew that it be a fight with two people that have healthy smiles. haha

Speaking of fail. Hannyabal seems to have provided me with a lot of images of him and his funny faces. I just didn't felt like including them all. haha Still seems like the silly man is going to get into the fray now. That is nice of him. Maybe he can prove his worth or something. The guy has not been doing a good job lately and clearly he is at fault for some of the things that been happening here. Good jailers for telling him that since at least they seem smarter then him. haha

haha I couldn't resist. I had to use this image because it just makes the man look so silly. haha

I was wondering where Crocodile got his pimping new clothes that we saw in the preview from last week. I mean I doubt that Impel Down just has his old clothes hanging up on a coat rack somewhere on Level 6. That would be crazy. Still seems like the people in New Kama Land can make clothes really fast since I am guessing that is where Crocodile got them from. He looks good in black too. I can see Crocodile saying, "Yes! Make me a suit that looks just like my old one but in black! It must be black! And dammit it, get me a cigar! A fine one!"

I so wish I could do a Crocodile cosplay. That is still on the list of cosplays that  I want to do by the way. haha

OUCH! In a place where no man should ever have an injection. Eh!

I so didn't get where Ivankov's hand was until afterward when he said what had happen. I had to go back and rewatch this to see if the hand was really there and figure out what had just happen. Still Bon Clay is a good man! He takes it with pride and yells out as if nothing had happen. Still I love Luffy's reaction begging that Bon Clay doesn't die. Yeah, I think most men would think that they would die if they get stabbed with four sharped needle-like fingers.

Then Croc is just there in the background looking that what has happen. I can only guess what is going though his mind but i can tell that dude in black behind rabbit-eared dude is thinking that what happen to Bon Clay must be painful. haha I think you can kind of see the pain looked on his face.

Yeah...that must hurt a lot. Hope I never have to go though that.

What is up with the eyes? Like tons of characters in this episode just had those eyes where you can see a circle around the black of their pupils. I am sorry for the bad choice of image but you can kind of see it in the image above. I notice Crocodile had the same eyes and I am willing to say that I remember Jinbei had those eyes too for a bit. Is he suppose to be dazed or something? You think he would care a bit more when the Gates of Justice just opens up before you to take you to your death.

At least Ace has a nice seat.

We so needed this since Crocodile's power is just so complicated. He can turn into sand and control it. haha That is very complicated!

That isn't too hard especially for the American fans who should have already seen some of the Alabasta arc on DVD and witness this already. haha We know how cool Croc can be with his powers. Still kind of creepy to see that image there since Crocodile is tall and skinny with his red glowing eye. That image there is tell me that Crocodile is saying, "GRR! I am touching you! Grr!"

It's hot

It's hot!

Screw you bastards. I am not saying anything.

haha I love the reactions that they all had when entering Level 4. It was so pointless but  funny. They just stood there and the jailers all let them have their moment to react to the heat on the floor. Luffy just straight out said that it was hot while Jinbei just looked around sweating like a river. How Luffy said it was funny too as if he was a little kid.

Now we hit the awesome of this episode. Ah-hahahaha!

Bullets can't hurt me! haha

This is why maybe the Impel Down jailers are full of fail. You think they would already know now to shoot bullets at somebody who they should know is a logia fruit user. haha Still it was damn funny to see the bullets just create holes in Crocodile as he just smiled there smoking his fine cigar.

Though I don't remember the sand that Crocodile makes can also dry up people. Guess the guy was holding back in Alabasta or got more powerful since then. Awesome!

I still don't really like the CG sand that they are using to animate Crocodile's sand powers though. Compare to how it was drawn out back during the Alabasta arc from the last DVD set that I have seen, it looks really just there. That they only used the animation just to use it and not because it looked good. Maybe it is easier compare to the old way. Still after watching a bit of Movie 8 back at Kamikaze Con, I have to say that this CG animated sand looks much better then the sand that was used for the movie. It looks cleaner in a way. Not as grainy. Then seeing this sand in action makes it seem to follow better so I am okay with it. Kind of wish they just did what they did back in the Alabasta arc but what can I do about it beside complain.

Also in that last screencap for Crocodile's attack, you can see specks of blood in the sand. Scary!

Gum Gum Rain looks really awesome. Now that is literally raining down fist to those guys. haha Very cool. I wonder why Luffy hasn't used it before. Maybe he has and I haven't seen it used before though. I mean I just found out that Luffy used Gum Gum Storm back against Aokiji when they first met when I read it in the manga.

Yes, Jinbei's attack was so awesome that it needed two screencaps. haha

I admit that they spent way too much time executing the attack but it was well worth it when the attack got fired. It proved that Impel Down jailers are not the smartest since they could have attacked before the shockwave was shot. haha Still it was damn cool to see everybody's face just get warped by the attack then fired back. I guess that Jinbei is one damn powerful person. Still this is the guy out of water, just think about how powerful will he be if he was inside water. Remember mermen are much more powerful in the water then outside of water.

 I was kind of hoping that we won't be getting any Buggy and Mr. 3 filler but this one was really funny. It was literally farts which is one of the lowest comedic gags (in my opinion) there are but it was just too funny here. It was completely pointless and made no sense but it was just funny to listen. Then when Mr. 3 added to the fart party then that was just stupid. It was just a great laugh.

I just can't wait till we get to see them get serious. Heeheehee Now that would be awesome. haha


Awesome things are a coming soon. Ah-hahahaha You know that if Crocodile is involve that something good is going to happen. Seeing this animated is awesome and I can't wait to see what will come from from this. I wonder if Mr. 1 is part of Crocodile's plan to counter whatever Ivankov is holding over the guy. Then again, maybe Crocodile likes to have a good hand with him. Das Bones is a powerful guy afterall.

I think I found a new Twitter profile image. I just need to do some work on it. haha *Look at image of Crocodile*

This was just a great episode. I love how it was executed. We got a good amount of talking and action. Impel Down is getting better and better with each episode that we been getting and soon better things are going to be coming. The awesome cake is being baked and more layers are going to be added to it. I just can't wait til next week. The book is wide open on what could be done here. We have Ivankov and his New Kama Land people on one side. Magellan and his forces on another to stop them. Then Luffy and his band there ready to burst out of Impel Down. So it all depends if Magellan can handle the forces that are about to come together.

Preview
Speaking of the New Kama Land Army, seems like they are going to be out of control in next week's episode. They are just everywhere. Heck, in the preview you can see Ivankov looks freaky crazy as he just looms overhead something. Crazy stuff is coming! Just in the image above you can see Ivankov back there with what seems like a bandage up Bon Clay and a wine holding Inazuma. Then there is a lot of thong wearing New Kamas. Yeah....I think I can go go without that kind of New Kama Fashion.

Still we also see a bit of Shiryuu of the (Bloody) Rain. Seems like Magellan may have took up his offer. Wonder what may happen from this little proposal.

Then a bit of Sengoku. Another question that makes me wonder what could bring that shocked face to his look. Is news about Luffy bring havoc in Impel Down upsetting him that much?  Or is it something else. haha We see. Maybe it is just Luffy news and not Whitebeard stuff.

Still seems like another layer will be added to the cake here with what looks like Blackbeard being thrown in here. That is a look of a mad man with a plan alright. Wonder what be bring him here. We are getting a lot of "I wonder..." stuff here I see. Still all of his stuff is going to happen in next week's One Piece. Something tell me it is going to be jam packed. Till next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment