Thursday, March 4, 2010

Manga: Chapter 576 (SPOILERS!)

SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!

You want to know what the hard part for the manga post? Finding a good image for the opening of the post. I mean I could just grab anything but really I think that the first image needs to be something symbolic. Something that summarize the chapter nicely without giving away too much. Though it doesn't help that people try to claim 'stuff' but that is a different thing that could be done in podcast. haha I guess I shouldn't worry about it too much since what is really seen in these post is what I think. Still that is the artist in me.

Still what a chapter we got. After a good break we come back to where we left off with Blackbeard on the was gallows with the introduction of his crew. To tell the truth I am a bit disappointed with what Blackbeard did. I mean from my standpoint, it seems like all Blackbeard wanted to do was get to Impel Down to take some powerful people then head over to Marineford just so he can kill Whitebeard. A bit lackluster. I want to believe there is more to this 'masterplan' of Blackbeard beside killing Whitebeard. I mean sure Blackbeard was able to kill Whitebeard and if you want to be all symbolic then the 'darkness' overcame the 'light' but that is too much there. Still let not go there.

The fight scene though was really nice. I liked that and I saw already saw that Blackbeard's weakness was that he can't take physical hits worth crud. I was always thinking that if Luffy and Blackbeard ever get into a fight that Luffy will wipe the floor with Blackbeard because all of Luffy's attacks or punch/hit based. He doesn't need his Gum Gum powers to fight. Still Whitebeard just looked at Blackbeard and literally told him that he depend too much on his powers. I can see that Blackbeard is going to be very sore about this and maybe force him to develop his weakness but then again I don't think he will. Blackbeard doesn't seem like that kind of person to do something like that. If he doesn't then that will make Luffy one up on him if they ever do fight. I can see that Luffy will say something like "I have gotten stronger!" as he punches Blackbeard. It be an interesting fight even if Blackbeard does improve upon this but I don't know.

To tell the truth I don't care much for Blackbeard and what he has to do. Him being at Marineford was already a pain for me already. I am sure there was a reason why he wanted those certain people from Impel Down but really I don't care. He got the beating that was coming to him since the whole Ace thing  back at Banaro Island.

Still let focus on the part that matters the most here, Whitebeard.
"You are the only scum I would never call my son, Teach!" 
 -Whitebeard
In the last month we have seen the death of two big characters. One of them we just finally met in this arc. To tell the truth, before the Marineford Arc I always just saw Whitebeard as a powerful pirate. He was just a pirate that had a huge crew and just told them to do things. Now that we finally seen him and watch this rapid character development, we can see that Whitebeard is really a father figure type of guy. He treats his crew as if they are his kids. As much as logic says he should be dead (hint the huge black hole thing in his chest and the missing piece of his head), the guy is still up and going taking everything from the Marines and now Blackbeard. All of this just to make sure that his kids get out of this ordeal okay. Now that is a dad there.

Whitebeard showed bada** in so many levels in this just one chapter. I mean I complained about him not being dead let but that panel where all of the Blackbeard Pirates (Some of them clearly just gotten to make this scene look cool) just attacked Whitebeard massively looked really cool. To tell the truth, this will look so cool when animated but I just want to see this panel in person. The computer screen and scan itself doesn't give it justice at all. This is something that has to be seen fully in person with a copy of the page if anything else. So I am hoping Viz gets this out fast so I can see it myself.  I mean even Whitebeard was showing pain right there as everybody gave a full out attack on him. Now that has to hurt.

What is a One Piece death without any flashbacks? Still we got more then a flashback. We got a full circle here. Everything was brought back to the beginning of the series where we see a great man standing tall as he tells the world (or at least people at Sabaody) which I am sure going to have a massive effect to be almost the same as what Roger did. That was the feeling that I felt as Whitebeard just declare to the world that One Piece existed and when we panned out to Sabaody. I was thinking that I seen this before and knew that we are on to something here. This is the eve of another Pirate Age. An age where new people will have to fight among older pirates. We won't see it but I am sure this will add another group in the New World as Luffy and crew venture into it.

Speaking about Luffy and crew, do they count as rookies anymore? If a whole new bunch of pirates are going to enter the pirate world then Luffy and crew may be the least of the Marines worries. A great person in the three world powers have fallen but the World Government seem to be taking a huge hit themselves with formation  of the Marines down (Marine HQ, Akainu being hit, Impel Down being broken into and out of), Warlords have deflected or not as loyal. So all three powers have taken a hit so this is a whole new ball game now. The legs of the world have been broken and I am thinking we going to see some new and exciting things in the future.

So Whitebeard has now died.

Heck, not even Blackbeard got what he wanted seeing his reaction to Whitebear's death. Serves the guy right. haha

267 stabs.

562 bullets.

46 cannonballs.

Now that is a lot of stuff. We may have only known Whitebeard for a certain amount of time but we got a lot out of this guy. He gave as some insight on the 'Will of D' and seems like this is going to be a key factor in the future. Lucky our hero (Who is a bit out of it for the moment) is one of these few men that Roger was waiting for.

Overall I am disappointed by Blackbeard but Whitebeard really does added a very nice effect to this chapter. I feel like I am missing something which in effect keeping me out of this whole thing that everybody else if feeling. Still I at least can see that we are about to enter a great age soon. This would will be very different after Marineford. I just can't wait to see what we have after this.

Though where is my QUAKEPUNCH! to Kizaru's face! Damn it...

Also if you haven't tell, I wasn't really into this chapter. There are some awesome stuff here in this chapter but I guess I am going to get full impact later on when it actually happens. Still feel free to use the comments to share what you think and explain to me why you think this chapter was more epic then I think it is. What is there next? Share! Please! haha



No comments:

Post a Comment