Thursday, March 11, 2010

Manga: Chapter 577 (SPOILERS!)

SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS! 

This chapter had such a fitting title: Major Events Piling Up One After Another. This what this arc has been about for the last few months. We been getting one big thing after another after another. Revealing of Ace's father, Ace's death, and Whitebeard's death. Now we get this. I don't know if this counts as an major event per say but this was just major to begin with. It just been one major thing after another after another and I am sure we will see more before the end of this arc. Just another layer on the awesome cake that is One Piece.


So it seems like there are three main reactions that people are taking from the death of Ace and Whitebeard. If you are elsewhere in the world then you are either happy or just shocked. I can understand why people would be somewhat happy with Ace and Whitebeard is dead since they are pirates but still...Can you really be that happy if two people are dead for the reason that they are? I mean both of them died protecting somebody, either their little brother or their family. Don't they feel sad for that or was that detail left out in the reports? You will think that they won't be so happy as in cheering in the streets but I guess that is how people see pirates.

Then we have the people who are in shock and just don't know what to say or react. I am not sure why they feel like this but I think this is more correct. Maybe they are people that Whitebeard had under his protection or something or they are just smart. Because as said before, the world is going to be a much different place now that Whitebeard is gone. 

Then we have the people at Sabaody who are just speechless. They are in awe and I can understand why. They just witness this with their own eyes. They saw the magma fist that Akainu gave Ace to protect this little brother. They witness Whitebeard fight for this crew safety. That is all heavy stuff. The look on their face is one of that they don't believe what just happen. I wonder how these people would think of the Marines and the World Government after all of this since they are so close to the place after all. Will they be so fearful or less respectful of the Celestial Dragons after this or will see the World Government in a darker light. After all some of the people there at Sabaody are from Marineford while other I guess some do visit Marijous on a regular basis. Interesting times ahead I guess.

Then we have Raleigh who just seem to be watching this as if it was a TV show. Well it is but he just seem to be looking at something bigger then anybody else.

 Not As Cool QUAKEPUNCH!

Then the show begins as in what Blackbeard said. The curtain has dropped almost literally as we see Blackbeard and Whitebeard under it. Yeah...Well that is kind of mess up. After that, it seems like everything else concerning Blackbeard is mess up too as he just went crazy on everybody by absorbing Whitebeard's Gura Gura Powers. Now that can't be good.

Then just look at the panels above. Blackbeard took more then just the devil fruit abilities. He also took what seems like Whitebeard's Haki abilities. Either that or he just had Haki to begin with and applied what he took from Whitebeard. Here the darkness has absorb the light and I guess that is how Blackbeard was able to 'steal' Whitebeard's powers which I am sure can be applied to other things too as seen with his now showed Haki powers.

Still I am not sure about this...Maybe I just don't like Blackbeard? It just that this feels cheap or something. I mean it is better then what I thought Blackbeard's big plan was before and if anything that was his plan. To kill Whitebeard and then steal his powers. Okay, that is cool but now I feel this is just set up for Blackbeard to fail which will make this extra layer we got today even more sweeter when it happens. heeheehee Now that I can't wait to see! To me Blackbeard has a plan and knows that if he has all these master powers and stuff then he be unstoppable but is blind to the fact that he needs to develop these powers. I don't want to say that I am hoping for this but I feel like I know this since the whole Ace vs Blackbeard thing. Still maybe I will be wrong? Who knows. haha

Still I guess the game has changed once again as it seems like Blackbeard is going to be a scary force to deal with in the future as this series moves on.

These scenes I liked a lot. As everybody focus on the big show that Blackbeard is doing, the others are trying to escape while two of the Admirals try to deal with everybody running. I guess that is good for them? Well at least Akainu is still up and I guess that will unfreeze the frozen sea that Aokiji made. What jerk that Akainu is. haha

Still what is Kizaru doing? Going to deal with Blackbeard?
"Luffy-kun! Hang in there! We need you alive! In this world, in which Ace is no longer present...tomorrow and the day beyond that!"
-Jinbei
Still I don't want to think that Jinbei will die but if you didn't like Jinbei before then you sure will like him now I think. We got a flashback of him and Ace back in prison where Ace ask him to watch over Luffy. Jinbei clearly didn't want to do it but I think Luffy won the guy over. If anything I think Jinbei is seeing the future of the world in Luffy. He is seeing that if anybody is going to make sure that the sun rise tomorrow that Luffy is going to be that person.

So am I saying that Luffy will fill that void that Whitebeard has left? Maybe. If anything I think that Jinbei is hoping that Luffy will be the guy that rises to the task to ensure that at least Fishman Island is safe from anybody who wishes to take advantage of Whitebeard being gone to grab some mermaids and such. I am sure that this will be a big factor once the StrawHats ever get back together and FINALLY get to Fishman Island. I don't think Jinbei is hoping that Luffy will become the next protector of Fishman Island but it seems like Jinbei sees Luffy as a person that would ensure that things will be okay tomorrow.

Now this was cool! To see everybody standing up against Akainu to protect Luffy even though the kid is knocked out. Nobody said anything about protecting Luffy. The kid did what he did but this just awesome. Luffy's 'ability' is making people rise to protect him. I want to know how Ivankov did against Akainu and what were the faiths of Luffy and Jinbei. Still that is awesome. The allies of Whitebeard standing before Jinbei with Ivankov's massive head over head to prepare an Hell Wink. That is just awesome.

So we got a huge chapter and I liked it. Well the chapter was huge but we got some big stuff here. To tell the truth I feel confident enough to make a prediction. I think that the Marines are going to be focusing more on subduing Blackbeard which will allow Luffy to escape. The revelation and proclamation that Blackbeard made about being "IT'S MY AGE!" is a big thing and they seem a bit shocked. So maybe all three of the Admirals unite against Blackbeard or at least Kizaru. We haven't seen him for a long while. Though things at least look scary. Heck the people at Sabaody seem to be in tears seeing that Blackbeard is there with the powers of both Darkness and GuraGura. A guy at Marineford is literally breaking down. Either this will be taken care of really fast or something is going to happen where Blackbeard will have to stay low for a while. Either way we got some big things in this chapter that once again is changing the way of the world here. I can't wait till next week to see where this is going and maybe hoping that this arc will end soon. haha Either way something is going to go down next week.

Just another layer on the awesome cake that is One Piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment