Sunday, July 4, 2010

Anime: No New Episode This Week

Yes, we all want Luffy. So, we get him back next week here. Yay!

Hello, Sora here bringing all of you many, many viewers out there the sad news that there will *sob* be NO new One Piece episode this week. Dang, and just as we were about to get into the real action too. However, our very reliable resources over at Viz informed us that One Piece will resume as scheduled next Saturday the 11th of July, thankfully. Hey, I just thought of something funny. Perhaps they are taking the U.S.A.’s Fourth of July weekend off, haha! No, we Americans who celebrate random holidays are actually NOT as special as think we are (fortunately) and the break is for the World Cup, so I’ve heard.



Sora: Since there is no anime, and obviously nothing for me to rant on and on about, this post will be excruciatingly short and quite frankly will cover anything from expectations for future events and showings in the anime soon to how I just realized that this entire blog started on my birthday last year. Yes, it is just one of those blog posts.

So, now that I have decided to focus my efforts to pertain to One Piece and the future of One Piece alone, I believe that I will rant for a little while on what I am very, very hopeful to see here in the upcoming episodes.

Well, for starters, I am in the belief that they will draw this beginning of the immense Whitebeard War out for a good 3 episodes at the least, for they couldn’t just begin it and have it get over with and done could they? Well, I just am a little bit in the unknown here as well. Normally, one could predict what the animators could do, because normally Oda-sama doesn’t create huge literally world-changing wars which threaten to change the entire course of the government of the world. Yes, so basically this war, however they choose to commandeer it, shall be epic to all full expectations. Also, since this is going to be such a huge and important development in the course of the series, I strongly believe that the developers will not fudge details and will at least attempt to be rather precise to the events which unfold. Or, at least that is what I am very hopeful for.


Also, this is a fun thing to write today because I myself stopped reading the manga (atrocious I know) at chapter 571, anyone want to guess why? Well, I am actually a person who needs to get SURPRISED by events as they are revealed on-screen, so I pried myself away from the manga for a bit. My willpower is so strong. So, that means that I actually AM anticipating the end of this war, since I actually have no idea what has happened beyond chapter 571, other than the obvious facts that anyone online involved with anime cannot ignore. I (until my superior authorizes it) shall refrain from revealing evil plot-spoilers to all (if any) of you innocents out there who still only watch the anime and do not bother with the manga as I did for a long, long, long time. (Ah, the good old days before I knew about the wonders of the Internet…)

Okay, now that I have side tracked a lot, here is my opinion on a few things. First of all, I believe that the people are stalling, and should hurry up and get to the amazing dramatic and action-filled war scenes. Yes, it is majorly important to see what is happening to Luffy’s crew, and in some cases it may turn out to be even vital to the plotline, but for now the urgent thing that has been plaguing audiences around the globe for over a year now is “What the flip is happening to Ace?” along with other hard to answer questions, such as “Will Luffy every master Haki? Heck, will he ever even get a competent teacher?” and “Who is the final crew member?” or “How will the crew survive the second half of the Grand Line if even the up-coming Whitebeard War seems too much for Luffy’s crew, let alone the captain himself, to handle?”. Let’s face facts here: Oda-sama did not put Luffy’s people there because they would honestly get SQUASHED. Zip, nada, zilch. Luffy’s only there because of his brother AND because of his team of baddies that he has dragged along AND because he has the beginnings of Haki. Luffy, to put it plain and simply, has a big problem once this war is over.

Now onto sooner and more current topics than far next year, no doubt. Once this war gets heated up, well, I honestly don’t know what could happen. They certainly dragged Enies Lobby out for quite some time, and that was a huge scale battle. However, since this is the largest battle that Oda-sama has ever had occur so far, I do not know how the animators will have to handle it in order to fit everything and also not go on and on for three years with each little perspiration and comment.

Hopefully, what they will do is they will show everything, but move quickly (for once). They will prove true to the manga and not wander off and have Luffy standing in the same spot for months at a time. Also, this war doesn’t completely focus on Luffy the whole time either. Not like each battle did, but in this fight Luffy is definitely NOT the strongest person here this time. You will be able to clearly tell the desperation and tension in the air as the fighting begins and continues, for sure.

As for me, I want to see some Shichibukai action! I have a personal vendetta against DoFlamingo and I want to see more on his fighting styles, techniques, and evil mind-workings. I cannot help it, he is just a very interesting evil villain…

Mikey: Wait? Am I that superior that you mention Sora? Oh well...sorry.

So no new One Piece episode this week! Thank goodness since I haven't watch last week's episode. I guess I do that this week. Still interesting things that are happening in the past few weeks. We got a catch up on what the StrawHats are doing and right now Luffy and his merry band of prisoners are on their way to maybe one of the most epic meet up of superpowers in the One Piece world. We going to have a huge meeting of Warlords, Admirals the the big names in Whitebeard's fleet. So I can tell you that we are going to see some great moves coming up soon.

I don't have much to say. Though there are some news that maybe interesting to know. Those that love Opening 12 may want to know that on July 18th will the the start of Opening 13. The opening is called One Day which I think is very fitting for the Marineford arc. Still this could be a good thing or a bad thing. It could be a good thing since it means we will finally be able to enter Marineford with an opening (that we hope) is fitting for the arc. Though this could be a bad things since the news of this new opening could be a ploy for us to watch a filler episode. haha That may be horrible but try to remember that Opening 12 first appeared during the Little East Blue arc that not many people liked. Still let think happily and hope that Opening 13 will mark the opening act of Marineford. haha

So hold on to something because we are going to be falling into Marineford as soon as we are done with the episode that will premiere next weekend! I expect that we are going to be like an ant in a hurricane just like Elder Nyon mention all the way back in Amazon Lily.

Also if you have an Arlong Park Forums account, go over and vote for Makino in today's Character Tournament match! She is damn awesome and deserves to win in her match over the loser she is up against! Also I promise not to do anything as shameful as this ever again if you do vote for her...haha


Sora: Okay, that about wraps it up for me right now. Unless anyone else has anything to say on subjects I’ve raised or comments…

4 comments:

  1. O great and wise Sora! Please tell us where in american TV channels can we watch One Piece?! It is excruciating having to wait for someone to post them online!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous
    I will take this for Sora.

    Right now you can't watch One Piece on American TV but you can catch the newest One Piece episodes from Japan at http://www.onepieceofficial.com/ if you live in America. They are subtitled though. Hopes that helps you out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah thanks! I'd rather watch them dubbed, but subbed is cool too cause you've got pretty much the actual script and everything. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous
    I agree. I would love to have them dubbed but it is cool to have them in any form then no form at all. haha Glad to have helped but once we get One Piece on TV then you know I would report it first thing here!

    ReplyDelete