Monday, September 7, 2009

Amazon Lily Arc- Episode 416

I should forewarn you guys. This post has a lot of pictures. I kind of went screenshot crazy in this episode. Boy was that a lot of hard work. Still I don't know. I liked a lot of moments in this episode.

First Thoughts

Well....Party party party. Bad news happen. Wait...This isn't the time I do a summary....

Well it was funny watching the party scenes. Got to say that was the funniest part of this episode. Still it had it cool moments. I mean I kind of new this was going to be one of those party episodes so yeah, you think it be kind of lame. Still we all know there is no lame episode in One Piece. haha Unlike another certain anime that involves Soul Reapers and junk.


Summary

Luffy gets his boat ride from Hancock. Hancock invites him to party. Luffy party. Party party party. Chicks get grabby. Luffy runs. Luffy finds out about Ace's execution. Luffy and Nyon go and ask Hancock if she could take him to Impel Down. Hancock is sick.

(Yeah...lame Summary. Whatever. It was quick.)

Thoughts


I have to admit. One reason why I took so many screenshots of this episode was because I caught things when I saw this episode a second time. haha Like this one for instance. I just found it so cool that Nyon was able to balance on the snake-staff thing of her. Wow. I so want to do that. But then again I may just land on my face and in pain. haha


It seems like somebody doesn't like the idea that Luffy is leaving. I mean she only had known the guy for less then a day and her eager to kill him has only been gone for less then an hour. Now she is all lovey dovey on him. Well not lovey dovey but has feelings for him. haha Got to say if that all it takes to get somebody to fall in love with me that come on ladies! Get angry at me and start wanting to kill me!

Or may no. That doesn't sound like a good idea....


Now this is the correct way to thank Luffy! You can't eat the words 'thank you'. You need to get table loads of food and place it in front of Luffy to thank him! Just look at the picture there! He has plates and plates of food in front of him and I am sure that is only the beginning. Watch out ladies, this man is only just beginning. Eat on Luffy! Eat on!


And now we have another person that is a bit disturbed with the fact that Luffy is going to be leaving soon. Just look at her eyes. Margret so doesn't want Luffy to leave. Aww. Well hands off! He's Hancock's and Hancock's only! haha





What the heck?!?! How do you little chick-a-dees hide those things? I mean these girls just popped them out of nowhere and boom! They are ready to fight. Remind me never to get in a bar argument with these girls. Then remember, these are their party clothes. I wonder what they have hiding their regular clothes.

Also, you guys wouldn't believe how hard it was to get a screenshot of the girl who was hiding the knife in her shirt. I had to spend like ten or so minutes on that one because I couldn't get the timing on that one. Speaking of her, how does one hid a knife there comfortably?


Well if is a fightin you want. Then it is a fightin you are going to get! Just watch as Luffy goes into battle with a ladle and a pan! He will so take you girls on. Yeah, you girls with knifes and stuff.

Wow. That looks so awesome. I have to say I was kind of hoping Luffy had a clue about those girls who were going to gang up on him. It would have made a cool fight. haha Just imagine Luffy taking those girls on like that. Awesome stuff. Luffy goes in, tries to hit them. The girls out do him and then Luffy gives up. Throws the ladle and the pot and accidentally wins by some stupid thing. That right there is a whole episode in itself!


Classless but still funny.

You know, I have a friend you tried to do this. Well not the basket part but the chopsticks part. He was able to get them to hold in his mouth but just couldn't get them in his mouth. That is as far as he was able to go.

Though I have to say, this part kind of got me a bit teary eyed. Not really teary eyed but I felt a bit sad when Luffy began to sing Brink's Sake. It just reminded me of the rest of the crew and when they were partying at Thriller's Bark. Everybody was so happy back then. Little did they know back then that they were going to face one of their biggest challenges or would have to witness each one disappear before their very eyes.



Wow! These girls are grabby! I mean look at them. Just grabbing at the guy while he is trying to eat. They are acting like they never seen a man stretch before. Oh wait...they never seen a man before. I guess they could have been pulling from somewhere else too...


And no matter where you go, there will always be a Nami there to make a profit. haha Aww...I miss our Nami-san. Sigh...All she needs now is a bigger chest and orange hair. Still it isn't like Nami hasn't tried to make a profit off of Luffy before. Remember that episode where Nami wanted to trade Luffy for all that junk after Alabasta? Well that was fillar but still she did tried. haha


At first, I thought Luffy only took the normal size we usually see. Then I saw this and realized that it was much bigger. This kind of ruins my cosplay now I have to say. Because the meat I have is MUCH smaller then that. Still I don't think a con would let me walk in with something of that size and also, that is a lot of stuffing and fabric...


So that is how you eat a huge piece of meat like that. I was kind of thinking that you just take a huge bite out of it and chew. Still okay. You tear it off and then you eat.

Also notice the newspaper? Blackbeard is on it. I wonder why. Maybe it is about him making it as a Warlord. I mean it only been a few days since his battle with Ace. Maybe a week tops? Still nice picture. Who knew that Blackbeard was photogenic?


And there is the first 'WHAT!?!" we got from Luffy in this episode. Or maybe second. I don't know. First one that I counted. For some reason I love it when Luffy goes 'WHAT!?!" in all surprise. I guess I find it funny when Luffy finds out something that everybody else knows. I mean didn't we find out about Hancock or something during the Thriller Bark Arc towards the end? Two of the Rolling Pirates mention her as being the most beautiful pirate on the seas.



Then we find out about Ace being in Impel Down and being sent to execution. Thus we get another "WHAT!?!?!" from Luffy.


I actually caught this during my second watch of the episode. If you look at the newspaper that Nyon is reading you can see a very familiar character, Buggy. (I suggest you click on the image to enlarge it to see better.)

Look behind the word 'made' in the subtitles and you can see Buggy's picture in the newspaper that Nyon is reading. I don't believe I missed that when I was watching the episode the first time around. I mean our lies literally passed it up while watching the episode and it was on that scene for a good while too. I am guessing something happen to good old Buggy since the last time we saw him. Easter egg for things to come eh? Nice to know that things are being prepare for things to come and future events. Still is Buggy that important to be mention in the newspaper? An East Blue pirate that is in the Grand Line? Still Buggy was part of Gold Roger's crew so I guess that counts for something right? Still only time can tell.



And who would have thought that the little piece of paper that Ace gave to Luffy way back when would have matter so much now. I mean we all knew it was important but we didn't know how it would be. I mean Ace just came into the show out of random and then he gave Luffy a piece of paper out of random just as he was going to leave. Now we know that it is Luffy's key to keeping tabs on Ace while also know where Ace is.


Aww! I am really missing the crew. I am already telling that the next few arcs are going to be very painful on me.

One thing I like to note, I love how the studio reanimated this scene instead of just taking a clip from the actual episode. I mean that would have been easier and cheaper but it is nice that they did that. It looks really nice. I can't tell right now from the screenshot but it looks like this scene was drawn with the same style that was used back then instead of the style change during the Enies Lobby Arc. Not sure. Don't feel like going back to the episode. Though it does look like they used the old style from that arc-period.

This part really hurts. Seeing each member appear behind Luffy as he apologizing to them. That hurt. It is a hard decision to decide between friends and family. Both hold a high standard since these friends are like family but Ace is family. The worse part is that all of them is smiling.

Also, maybe it was just me but did Nami's chest look a bit bigger then normal? Did the animators pulled the whole 'Nami is a growing girl' thing on us?




AND THIS IS THE FUTURE!

Got to say that they did a good job on these scenes. Giving us the feeling of what to expect. Soon, very soon we will be seeing the much heard about Impel Down in person. The massive tall figure prison where the worse of the worse are housed. Then there are the three Admirals. Two of them have made anime appearances and proved that they are no pushovers. The only thing that makes them different is how merciful that they are and their Deviled Fruit abilities. While one is still a dark figure as seen in that screenshot. Lastly there are the Seven Warlords, all but five have met Luffy and only one of them wants Luffy dead. What they may do if they see Luffy is really a mystery.

Still we have a lot to look forward and there is a huge gap between the anime and the manga with more to come. Kind of scary what is awaiting us.


And what we are left at the end of the episode? Luffy's ride off the island has fallen sick. Now that is nice. Never a dull moment in the One Piece World.

Preview


As Luffy prepare to make his move, it seems like the Marines are not too far in preparing.I have no idea what was said during the preview because I had to watch it RAW and Funi doesn't sub the previews but I can tell that some stuff is going to happen involving the Marines. My guess is that they are finding is surprising that Hancock had agree to go along with the whole 'War Against Whitebeard' thing or they are planning to revoke Hancock's status as Warlord. Either way it looks like Luffy is going to Impel Down.

I seem to have gotten a lot considering it was a short preview since there was also an add for some figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment