Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Amazon Lily Arc- Episode 417


First Thoughts
So we get to the episode where we get all sad. Luffy is leaving Amazon Lily with Hancock and all. I really don't like the picture I choose for the opener blog post. It doesn't feel right. I really had no thoughts going into this episode. I was kind of just happy to watch this episode five minutes after it was made live on the simucast.

There is one thing that I like to say about this episode. For some reason I had the song (or more like verse) "Love is a hurricane!" in my head for half of the episode. I can't remember the name of the song but I do know it exist! It is because of the title of this episode! "LOVE IS A HURRICANE!"

Summary
Hancock catches something called Love Sickness. Hancock gets better. Luffy and Hancock leave Amazon Lily and board a Vice Admiral Marine ship.

These summaries suck don't they? haha

Thoughts


This post is going to have a lot of Hancock screenshots in it. I should have used one of these for the opening image but I didn't want to interrupt my Hancock parade. I found enjoyment in each and every picture. Seeing Nyon torturing Hancock with saying Luffy's name or more like a part of it. I know there are people who don't like Hancock but I do. Not only because she is hot but because I like these moments we get from her.I am the kind of guy that like the moments when the serious or hot girls are in moments that are embarrassed them or their weak moments.


ROAR! ROAR! ROAR!

Look at those fangs! I am guessing this is part of the Snake Snake Fruit powers. I just found it cool that they had fangs while yelling at Luffy. Then Luffy just looks at them and isn't phase by the fact that fanged girls are demanding him dead. Awesome.



And how can anybody hate a girl that has a cute face like that! haha

"I'll go anywhere!"

"Even to the pits of HFIL with you! Even to the place that I hate the most! I do anything for you! Just as long as I can make this cute face and hold on to you forever!"

That is what this face is telling me. You know what they say, a picture says a thousand words. Even if I added those few hundred words. I can do that right? haha


LOVE IS A HURRICANE!

If anybody know what song I am talking about. Then PLEASE post in the comments the title of this song. I really want to know what song this is.

I just found this picture funny to see. The mention of the East Blue and Nyon saying that. I kind of wanted to do the old repeated joke of "IT IS OVER 9000!" but I think it is a bit overdone. Though I have no problem using it. haha I am thinking somebody is going to fandub this or something to say "IT IS OVER 9000!". I would like to see that.

Still now that the East Blue and love is mention. I wonder if what Nyon is saying is true, Love is a Hurricane. I mean we can't count Sanji as part of this since Sanji isn't from the East Blue. He is from the North Blue. Nami and Usopp are from the East Blue and both of them have shown to do things in the name of love. Becoming a pirate and stealing for the love of their hometown and becoming brave for the sake of the person you love. Power of love there right? But I want to take this futher, Luffy. I am not sure if Luffy was born in the East Blue but if he was then that means his mom is from the East Blue. And as far as we know, Monkey D. Dragon is Luffy's dad which means Dragon had to stop by the East Blue, met Luffy's mom there and fell in love. Is the power of love so powerful there that it stopped the great revolutionary in his tracks? We won't know this until details about how Dragon and Luffy's mom met but it is an idea.



These Hancock pictures are going to come in groups.

Wow! I love Hancock's weak moments and her smile moments. The most serious people have the best smiles. We know just from watching One Piece that this is true. Just look at Robin's smile. It is fun to watch her smile because she doesn't do it as often. They are very nice to watch and I get my laughs out of them.


So I am guessing that Luffy and crew will be coming back to Amazon Lily? I am not sure how to take this. I can see this as a good thing since people are thinking that Luffy will make somebody from Amazon Lily to join the crew but really. Luffy showed no real interest in anybody from Amazon Lily. He showed concern for Margret and her friends but didn't show interest in letting one of them join. I would like him to pick a girl to be the next person to join his crew but kind of nobody from Amazon Lily. It is a great place to see but I am not sure what can be done during a second trip.

Also I wonder how they will get there. Amazon Lily was hidden till the Marines lined Seastone on their ships so Nami may not be able to find it easily. The Sunny will be able to get there since it doesn't need it sails to get there but there are seakings there so that could cause some trouble. (Also the fact that the Sunny does haven't two poisonous snakes on the side.) Coup de Vent could help get there but can it make it to Amazon Lily. I am not sure. Still we see. One Piece isn't Pokemon so it may not be an empty promise.


I miss these guys okay? That is the only reason why I took this screenshot. If I could have gotten them all together then this would be one of them all together. The thing is I couldn't. Not unless you want a screenshot parade but I didn't feel like doing that.


Hancock sees baby seal and puppy.

Hancock kicks baby seal and puppy.


Crowd goes wild!


Hancock blushes!

How cute don't you think? Also it seems as if I made myself a liar. This Hancock picture is alone. I just love how Luffy has Hancock in his hands and he doesn't even know it. I bet Luffy can ask Hancock to join his crew and she will do it! On the spot! Drop all responsibilities as Warlord and Empresses and join the Straw Hats. Still I kind of think Luffy will not do that.


And one more for the road! I mean sea.

And because of that, Luffy will never be forgotten. Twenty years from now, when the woman of Amazon Lily party. They will stick chop sticks in their nose and months and party in honor of a man named Monkey D. Luffy.



One. Stomach growls.


Two. Surprise (Pleasure?) sound from Hancock.



Now I am wondering about this. Where is Luffy hiding? Is he hiding under the cape or under the dress? Because if you look here, Luffy is wrapping his arms around Hancock. The thing is that if he is under the cape then wouldn't his hands be visible if you look at Hancock from the front? So the only way for Luffy to be able to wrap his arms around Hancock and stay hidden is to hide under the nice, red, sexy dress of Hancock. Maybe I am over thinking this a bit but I am just saying what I am seeing.


Three. Sneeze.

Three times Luffy and Hancock could have been exposed. Three times. I only heard that the manga only had this opportunity once. Somebody from Arlong Park said that the anime did this more realistically in Luffy reality since really. This is Luffy. He is bound to do more then one stupid thing while on the line. Also Luffy is no ninja (thank goodness). We should be lucky that Luffy made it this far without screwing up. Still I don't care. We got these reactions and responses from Hancock.

Also when will we ever see any woman in One Piece sneeze like that. haha So cool.


All great pictures of the Warlord right? Hawkeye, Kuma, Doflamingo, Moria, Teach and Hancock. Almost a complete set here minus Jimbei. I like Doflamingo the best. How he just sticks his tongue out and has no shame in it. Though I guess this represent each one's personality. Blackbeard just laughing like crazy like he always do and the others are serious minus Moria who tries to look scary.

Also it seems like Funi either made a mistake or decided to change the spelling of Blackbeard's name. Funi's sub spelled it as Teech instead of Teach. I am not sure if that is how Funi and/or Viz is going to spell Blackbeard's name in the official list or this is just a mistake on Funi's part. I did caught a few misspellings in the sub as in when the Vice Adminal was talking about if Hancock was willing to disobey the World Government and risk using her title. Though when I went back to get my screenshots it seems like Funi had fixed it since I couldn't find it though they didn't fix this. I didn't catch Blackbeard's possible misspelled name when I saw it the first time but my buddies at AP did. Still I have no problem with that. Maybe it is suppose to be spelled like that. I don't know. Still we don't make the decision on how things are spelled and we are getting these subs for free. I mean it could be like another site that does similucastings where they make you wait a week and sit though badly timed commericals. Also remember, these subs could have been rushed. This episode did came out during a four day work week.



And there is Jimbei for the complete set.

Speaking of complete sets. Sengoku sounded like having the Warlords together as set of figurines.

"Oh my pretties! I have you all now."

*Looks around*

"DAMN! I am missing Jimbei! Damn damn damn damn damn!"

I mean we all know that if there is going to be a war with Whitebeard that the Marines are going to need all the firepower they need and if all the Warlords were there then it would make handling a good handful of Whitebeard Pirates a bit easier. Still it seems like Sengoku treats them as if they were a piece of weaponary like a cannon. I know he doesn't really like the Warlords but it kind of distrubing how he speaks of them.


Pwn Goat! Ring that bell like a champion!

Another friend from AP came up for this. So I can't take full credit for this one. Still I like the name. Till we get a name for this goat, he shall be referred to as Pwn Goat. Then if he ever gets named then he most likely still be referred as Pwn Goat!

So till then Pwn Goat, ring that bell! Ring that bell like the champion that you are!

Also we get word of the faith of the 500 captured in Sabaody Archipelago incident. As in who was capture we won't know. Though I can guess we won't see them in Impel Down since they were sentance to labor. I am guessing that doesn't mean breaking rocks apart.

I would have loved to get all of the Whitebeard Pirates like Marco and the flag in here but that was a bit too hard. Still there is the cool picture of Whitebeard. Tubes and all. I am expecting a good fight once we get to this whole 'War Against Whitebeard' part.

I just hope that not all scenes involving Impel Down and Level Six won't be like this. It was kind of hard to see even in such good quality. Still we see. It does bring the sense of doom and gloom.

Preview

And it seems like next week starts the StrawHat Separation Arc starting with Nami and Franky. I was actually just wondering how they were going to handle this. Would they show what everybody was doing by eyecatchers or devote whole episodes to each member? It seems like each member will get half an episode. I guess that is good since that way the material comes from mostly the manga but the anime won't have to make up too much. I am okay with this. We know that One Piece make good fillers and I guess I should have known these would have come while Luffy and Hancock travel to Impel Down. Most of the fillars tend to be during travel periods anyways.

A few concerns I picked up was things like 'where did the guy that found Nami got those clothes?" and "Is the guy that found Nami some sort of weirdo?". Also the whole bath scene moment. I am seeing a pattern here. Still I am looking forward to the next episode.

1 comment:

  1. The song from love is hurricane is from one piece movie 6 ost: Resort Island

    ReplyDelete