Friday, September 25, 2009

One Piece More: The Chop-tacular ChopperMan

This past week might as well be Chopper Appreciation week with all the Chopper stuff running around. Well more for me at least. Last Saturday I was watching Movie 9. Then the episode for One Piece tomorrow will feature Chopper. Then next week the release for One Piece Season 2 Voyage 3 which features the Drum Island arc.

Which make me wonder, did Funimation actually plan this out to have the Drum Island DVD set to be the same week when Episode 419 was to be shown on the simulcast? Maybe I am over thinking this but it is a lucky break for Funi either way.

Talk like a Pirate Day
So this past Saturday was Talk Like a Pirate Day. Got to say it was a great day. I was able to talk like a pirate in real life. Mostly it was a lot of 'args' and I had a good amount of it the day before (started my Talk Like a Pirate Day a day early). If you follow me on Twitter then all my tweets had me talking like a pirate. The 'args' and 'yohohoho' all in one place.

I told myself that I would spend a good amount of my free time watching One Piece and get a good amount of episodes I haven't seen out of the way or at least watch the Arlong Arc for the epicness. Didn't happen. Still I did try to fit pirates into my anime viewing that day. I started my pirate-anime-aton by watching Episode 418 right as it came out at nine on the dot. Pretty awesome. I was so proud of myself that I remember to watch it as it came out. After that I saw the new Shugo Chara! for that week. Now some may be asking "Why Shugo Chara!? It is a magical girl anime. It has no pirates!" Well if you see the image above, there is one! One of the main characters has a transformation that makes him into a pirate and boy is he awesome! haha I so love him! That transformation/costume is so now on my future cosplay list. After that I decided to finish the night with watching Movie 9.

So I think with what I watched kind of made up for the lack of pirate animes and gave Talk Like a Pirate Day worth it.

One Piece Movie 9
So I decided that since I don't feel like watching a lot of One Piece episodes. I just saw a movie instead. I did thought about watching Movie 4 since that is my favorite movie out of the One Piece movies but I decided I wanted to watch something new. So Movie 9 is the retelling of the Drum Island arc. Well I am not much of a Chopper fan since I found out that one reason why Chopper is here is to sell stuff by his cuteness. I like Chopper but sometimes he can be annoying. This movie is kind of proof of this. It was good and all and captures what the arc was all about. Though I did saw the Drum Island arc under 4Kids so I am not sure that is a good way to experience it. Still it was more like something to prepare for the upcoming Season 2 Voyage 3 DVDs that I am going to get next week. I don't really have much to say about it. The movie was good and was awesome towards the end since there was the fight scenes. Though it was those fight scenes that I didn't really like too much. The changes they made felt kind of 'meh' to me. I actually like how they showed Chopper's and his Rumble Balls in the anime but in the movie it just felt like they tacked on all of Chopper's battle moments. Especially when they had that five seconds of fighting that Chopper had against Wapol. I was kind of hoping that the fight between Luffy and Wapol was going to stay mostly unchanged like in Movie 8 against Crocodile but it wasn't. Overall it was a good movie but I think I just wait till next week when I get my DVDs to enjoy the true goodness of the arc.

One Piece Season 2Voyage 3 DVD
These DVDs that I been and talked about last week will be in my house this coming Tuesday! The sucky part is that I won't be able to watch them till Thursday since I have school stuff to take care of and won't be home till a bit late. Very different since usually I watch them first thing when I get them. Still I am going for the whole 'something is worth the wait' thing. If not then I just marathon them on Saturday afternoon. Expect me to blog about these episodes.

Also that isn't mines. I wish it was but it is too nice of a picture to be mines.

Blog Rollin Addition
This week I decided that add a blog roll to the site to the website of The Unofficial One Piece Podcast. If you remember in last week's One Piece More post I mention them since they sell One Piece stuff via Amazon. Well now they are a friend of One Piece at a Time in a joint effort to help spread the word of One Piece! Zack and his friends are a bunch of cool guys who have a great podcast. It is funny and ever interesting. They cover everything from the anime to the manga to any type of One Piece news. So go ahead and click on the link in the Blog Rollin section and give them a listen. Some of their episodes are on iTunes and you can download all of their episodes and put them on your iPod or listen to them via something else.

Also I sent them an email so I hope they will read it on their podcast. Keep an ear out for it and see if they will read it.

I so hope that they do! It will be so cool! haha

Potential Blog Changes
If you haven't tell, this blog is going under some changes. Early yesterday morning I discover that I can display part of each blog post on the main page which is something I been wanting to do since the beginning. This way I can have more post on the main page and not have the page to be over a mile long. Also this will help keep the content of the manga post hidden so anybody who just follows the anime won't have to worry about spoilers.

Other changes I want to do is mess with the template a bit. I don't like how Blogger makes my post look skinny and long so I am looking at other template to see how they are. The problem is that they are too bright. I kind of like the dark look that I have right now and the ones that I have at my hands are too bright. So we see what happens.

So right now it seems like I make three post per week. One anime post, one manga post and one stuff post. I like this feeling right here and I going to try to keep this going. With the DVDs I may add one more in there to cover what is in them. Still this is a good pace here. Post right now will be on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays. I been trying to get the anime post on Monday but I keep forgetting to do the work I need to do for them on Sunday. The anime ones are the most work as you can see. Still maybe we can do a Monday post. One day.

Blog Goal
So now I have a new goal. This time for the blog! My Twitter goal for last week was met! Wasn't hard since all I needed was only two more followers. Now I am almost to thirty (I think) and that is awesome! Keep on following me! I say some things that even I know know of!

Still this week I have a completely new goal! A much harder one. I want to have at least two comments to my post! Not much right? haha Well yeah. So I am hoping to have two comments here on this blog. I don't care what the comments are but I am interested in who are reading my post. Don't give me a name or anything. Just tell me where you are from. Are you from the UK? Middle East? US? Japan? Australia? Tell me where you are from! I think it is cool to see who love One Piece and where you are from! One Piece is popular all over the world and I want to know how much! So come on and share!

Now excuse me as I go and give the football game on TV my complete attention! My uni's team is in the biggest game in like forever and I need to be supporting them all I can! I hope everybody has a good weekend and that my team win as awesome and epic as the StrawHats! So see you guys later and don't forget to watch One Piece this weekend!

2 comments: