Tuesday, September 22, 2009

StrawHats Separation Arc- Episode 418

First Thoughts
I was wondering how the cover pages referring to the StrawHats activities while being separated was going to be done. Was it going to be done by the eyecatchers? Was each member of the crew going to get a whole episode each? Were they going to ignore it completely? Seems like I was wrong all together because: A)These moments into what Nami and the others were doing were actual chapters. I thought they were just cover pages were just cover pages. Apparently they were chapters that were then later done as cover pages. B) They got half an episode each.

Well we have started StrawHats Separation Arc now starting with Nami and Franky. I went into here expecting Nami to be somewhat serious and some tears. Then Franky was going to be pure funny. That is reasonable to expect right? Well to the meat of the blog!


Summary
Luffy has a nightmare about his crew being 'repelled' by Kuma. Luffy wakes up. Hancock tries to comfort him. See that Nami had landed on a sky island called Weatheria. Franky is on a winter island called Karakuri Island and had repairs.

Thoughts


Wow! You guys don't know how much work and time it took me to get the timing for the screenshot for Usopp. Every time I tried to get Usopp there, I was too late and got him went smoking. I almost gave up but I told myself this, "IT BE SO COOL IF I CAN DO IT! I AM SO GOING TO DO IT!" and I got it done. I feel so proud of myself. As in Zoro, well that is impossible. I couldn't get it.

Still this episodes starts out serious. Very serious. I really didn't think this episode would start out like this. When I walked into this episode, I had already wrote off this episode as just 'filler-ish' with nothing to push the main storyline with Luffy any forward. Instead we rewitness each of the members of StrawHats disappear before Luffy's eyes. Each member just in someway exposing what they were thinking in action. Zoro facing his fear before his eyes. Brook doing whatever he can to be helpful to the crew. Usopp attempted to fight off Kuma. Sanji running into action knowing that this won't turn out good for him. Franky surprise look as he prepare to attack. Nami pleading to Luffy for help. Chopper's uncontrollable attack. Lastly, Robin's face of fear and pleading. Nightmare material there. Truly, Moria was right when he gave his advice to Luffy and crew after they defeated him. "The real nightmare is in the New World"

Also now I am looking back and remember that filler episode where Brook wanted to help out each person in the crew. When he messed up Nami's maps and trying to train with Zoro. Then remembering him as he stood there valiantly against Kuma. I have to give props to the writers of the anime for doing that episode. They took this one moment in the manga and expanded on it before it even happen. I can see that Brook would do this after doing an episode of trying to help everybody out. If we didn't have this episode, then I wouldn't have seen Brook as a true member. When I first heard of Brook becoming a member of the crew. I was just thinking of him of just some guy that would do something then poof! Disappear with a pawprint of Kuma's. Though seeing him stand there I can actually draw the line that Brook did this because he really wanted to be of use to the crew after the events of that episode. He understand that he can be of true use by playing his songs but deep down he want to be of more use.

Yeah, I am over analyzing this but it is sometimes nice to do that. Who knows what they writers were thinking when they made that filler episode. Still it makes sense...To me at least.

And like any dream, they most come to and end. To tell the truth, I don't think anybody deserves to relive that. Even in dream format.


AWW!

If anybody haven't tell. I am (or becoming) a huge Hancock fan. I mean I know she has her witch moments but still when you have things like this where she has pure concern for the person. You can't hate her. I mean you can hate her (and have a good reason) when she kicks a cat or do that fake concern. Still when it comes to her being really concern then you got to love it.


Oh? What is this? What is going on?

OH! I see now.

I was really debating on whatever to use the Bishonen Luffy or the Kissing Scene for this post's opener. As you can see. I used the happy compromise.

It really took me a while to figure out if this was a daydream or actually happen. I sat there thinking if this was actually happening. I mean this is our idiot and obvious Luffy here and Hancock is trying to make a move on him. Still when Luffy when bishonen I figure out that this couldn't really be happening. Then the kiss scene. Wow! If only it would happen. haha

I kind of wish they made Luffy look more modern day bishonen then use the old fashion bishonen. I mean look at the guys in some of those shojo or at least shonen bishonen like Prince of Tennis. Still One Piece is kind of drawn closer to old style of I guess shonen so this fits in perfectly.


This so would be something that Hancock would have said when she was a teenage girl and not a slave. haha Luffy is allowing Hancock to relive her teenage girl days. haha Having the teen years that she never had.

Also Hancock look so cute there! Her embarrassed guilty pleasure expression is perfect! She so knows she shouldn't be thinking like that just loves it! She may have already been playing scenarios like this tons of times already. Such a teenage girl thing.

Damn! I watch too much shojo animes. haha Hancock is so reminding me of Amu from Shugo Chara!. I swear Amu said something or did or combination of the two something like this. Almost to the dot! What are those writers doing in their free time when they are not working on One Piece? haha

Also there is nothing wrong with watching shojo animes! *Shifty eye* Don't judge me!


And as I said earlier. All dreams must come to an end. Even Hancock's. No matter how entertaining it was. haha

Now we see how Nami is doing and there is yelling. Lots of yelling.

And hitting.

Looks like Nami has settle in already. Not only a few minutes into her segment and she is already yelling and hitting people. Didn't this guy said this was his home? Smooth move there Nami. Hitting the guy that brought you into his home and yelling at the confused fool.

Another use for the Perfect ClimaTact: Hitting homeowners in the head.

For some reason I thought crying was involve somewhere in Nami's story. I didn't read the manga for this part (and maybe I should for this arc. Shouldn't be too long) but from what I seen and know. I saw Nami crying and grieving for what had just happen. Maybe that was just bad quality images from the manga but I thought she was crying. Here she looks sad and about the cry but not crying. Maybe the scene I am talking about is later on but I don't think so.

More yelling at the guy that brought you in. And I think some more hits there.

Angry Nami...and somewhat unclothed with cloud puffs.

Surprised Nami...in the shower! With cloud puffs and steam!

Hmm....Is it just me or this is becoming a tread? Trying to get Nami to be 'naked' in the bath. We had this in Thriller Bark and now we have it here in this arc.

Though on the level of higher thinking, is this how all Sky Island people take baths? They have small clouds that come out of a shower head and it produce water that way? Does Conis walks into the bathtub, twist the know and a cloud appears? Just wondering.

...And yet I go back to a girl showering...even in my level of higher thinking.....

This is a mysterious guy here. I mean what is his name? Is he a wizard? A weather wizard? What is up with the getup there? How is he producing that orb there to not get wet? How did he got those clothes that Nami is wearing right now? Does he collect and pick up everything that makes it in his front yard?

I don't know how he was able to produce that orb there that keep him dry. Maybe it is Haki. I don't know. Everybody is throwing Haki out there since we don't know what it is. So maybe it is. Maybe it isn't. Maybe it is a form of Mantra. No idea.

As in the clothes that Nami is wearing right now. Well I guess she either keep extra clothes on her the same way she stores the Perfect ClimaTact or the old man clothes women clothing. Take your pick.



This is kind of amazing. I mean usually I thought that Nami can create weather effects. Kind of like in chemistry when you mix chemicals and get something new. Two Heat Ball, three Cool Ball and one Thunder Ball equals Thunderbolt Tempo! Here in this episode Nami did more then that! She literally changed the weather. It went from completely thunderstorm weather to clear as a summer day. I know this is anime-only but still this is a huge leap in Nami's abilites with the ClimaTact. I wonder if this was one of Oda's wasn't-able-to-fit-into-manga notes or just something that the writers made to take up two minutes. We will never know! haha


Ahh....This is a nice picture. Nami looks so nice here. Fine too. Very very very fine. I would love to be there with Nami. Nice clear weather. Better then the weather I had to go though today. If Nami was there then I would for sure have no problem.

IT IS THE FUTURE!...oh wait. I mean WEATERIA!

It is very small, Weatheria. I mean I guess there is only like five houses on there? Maybe ten tops. Looks like that big bubble is keeping that clouds from falling down. I wonder if the people of Weatheria can ride go-carts on that rainbow. How many people have fallen to their death (or just fallen into the Blue Sea) from Weatheria. Another thing we will never know.

And now we find ourselves in the snow with Franky. Nice imprint in the snow. Very nice.

And now we soon begin my favorite part in this whole episode. Or one of them.

This blog is about my thoughts on One Piece from the episodes to the manga to everything else. So this post is about my thoughts on this episode. Well unfortunate, since this happen a lot in this episode I have to have some thoughts on it. I might as well cover this now. I just have to say wow to this. Wow. This was seen like three times in the episode. The first time (where this shot is took from) was short. The second time it was the longest and the third time wasn't as long. For some reason the animators thought we needed to see this so many times. I hope we don't make a habit of this like we do when it comes to Nami in the shower. Please no. Though I guess we have to pay some how for Nami being in the shower. Still please no.


Franky got the moves.

Seems like this is catching on.

Aww! The dog wants to dance too.

Go for it kid. Go for it!

Shake it old man! Shake it! (But don't break a hip!)

SUPER~!

And look! Even the dog got involve in this too! haha Way to go dog!

Also see that we got some streamers and fireworks involve in this dance. I wonder where they came from? Maybe the same place where Coup de Poo? I let you guys decide that. Comment or something.

And the party ends here.I have to say I like this image. Franky looks cooler then usual. haha

This is where I would say that the anime is better then the manga. You don't get these moments with the manga. The color really add effect on how futuristic this city is. The glow from the center. The dark outline that each building has. The errie glow. Clearly a city from a gloomly future-topica.

We will make him harder.

Better.

Faster

Stronger.

(Listening to Daft Punk's Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger at the moment of typing this)

Well I got to say I didn't see this one coming. haha Got to say that Franky looks pretty good in a purple suit. I went to AP forums and I saw that people were using Paint to draw a top hat and a giving Franky a very nice mustache. Got to say, classy. Very classy. Would post them up here but I didn't want to ask for permission to use them. If anybody from AP or just in particular want me to post some of their 'Classy' Franky pictures in my blog then leave it in the comments. I will include them in the next One Piece More post or something.

One thing that I want to bring up is the idea of Franky (and other StrawHats) coming back stronger and better due to what they were doing away. Like I been hearing things that since Franky was at Vegapunk's home island that he will incorporate some of Vegapunk's tech and use it on himself. I saw that somebody predicted that the doctors were going to take out the cola fuel system and replace it with some cell stuff or something.

I personality think that some of the StrawHats will come back differently when they reunite. Some of them will have big changes while others will be a bit different. Some, won't change at all. I kind of thinking that Franky will be one of those people. If Franky was to come back differently then it will be some minor things like new attacks or new weapons. An improved Weapons Left? Yes. Improved fuel system? No. The cola system is what make Franky Franky. So many of Franky's attacks are based on the cola. Well not a lot of them but Franky's signature move is based on cola. Coup de Vent? You think Franky just sucks in air and shots it out? That blast of air is cola fizz. Or that is what I think.

I just seeing small things as in changes for Franky or at most come back with some information concerning Vegapunk. Vegapunk is mostly a mysterious character so his past is blank to us and we have no idea on the limits of Vegapunk's genius. So anything Franky comes back with would be better then nothing.


There was a lot of tea drinking done in this episode. Nami and the Wizard drank tea. Now we have Franky, Old Dude and Little Kid. Even the dog looks like he wants some. Poor dog.

SUPER!

Little kid fails....Sorry kid. Looks like you are going have to pull the tea out of Franky's fridge and replace it with cola. Wonder how the cola is going to go back in there in Franky. I guess there has to be cola there on that island somewhere.

And before the episode ends, we see sign for Vegapunk's lab. What is in there? We don't know. No idea but I wonder if we will get a chance to see what is inside.

Preview

ITS A TRAP!

Seems like next week will be Chopper and Sanji. As you can say, I am more interested in what going on with Sanji then with Chopper. I am guessing that Chopper is going to be doing a lot of running around and screaming. With Sanji I expect some laughing to be involved like what what we got from Franky this week.

ITS A TRAP!

Yeah...if you get that then props to you. I am not going to spoiling anything for next week.

Got to say, for a trap, it is a very good one. I seen some good ones but seeing where this is from and that this is One Piece. That this is really good. I should expect to be disappointed next week right? I should. I should know this. Guess I am going have to wait till next week to see.

4 comments:

  1. Haha- You're rather funneh. xD And it's the only summary for these chapters I could find. (I'm kinda skipping these episodes)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i googled "Nami Cloud Shower Blog" and found this blog. why am i telling you this? well, find out on the next piece of one piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hammock drives me nuts with her fantacies of Luffy!!! When will she realize that he is an oblivious idiot that will never notice those kinds of feelings and that she will have to fight of just about every Luffy fan-girl in the world before she can ever make those fantasies come true?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. you put personality instead of personally

    ReplyDelete