Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Anime: Impel Down Arc- Episode 423


First Thoughts
Well I should have used an image from the Hancock and Luffy moments but really I think this one is better sutied. Even though there was more Hancock and Luffy, or at least feels like there was more.

This episode felt very longish or at least stallish. I mean I enjoyed the episode but it felt just really stalled. To me some parts of this episode felt like it should have been shorten or not shown while some things should have been stretched out.

Also the recap of the last episode was long!  I mean did we really need that long of a recap from last episode including everything that Hannyabal said was included. Man...I hate that guy.

So yeah...Maybe because this First Thoughts section is being done on Sunday that this one is a bit lacking or something. Meh.



Summary
Hancock turns Domino and the Den Den Mushi to stone to allow Luffy to get away and look for Ace in Impel Down. Buggy is running around the prison trying to escape. Luffy and Buggy come together and punch out a Blugori.

Thoughts

So we return back to Hancock and her strip search with Domino only to be greeted with this wonderful moment here! A defensive Hancock begging Domino to be gentle to her! Looking all cutely to Domino. Aww! haha Pretty eye! haha


And who knew that Domino plays like that! haha Got to say that is some serious blush there. To tell the truth it does seem like Domino plays like that and that is nice to hear. I mean that blush that Domino has is much different compare to the blush and love that the ladies at Amazon Lily was giving Hancock.


You guys should have predicted that I was going to have this image here. If there is an episode that has Hancock blushing and fangirling then you know I will be there. It is just as predictable as the sun rising. The eyes! The blush! The happy snake earrings. Everything in this picture is awesome! haha It looks as if Hancock has reached the peak of the cup of pleasure! Just by Luffy saying her name, made Hancock feel intense pleasure like none other! Amazing. haha


BISHONEN LUFFY! HE IS BACK! haha

Got to say this looks a bit more modern day bishonen then anything we got before. haha And the sparkle! Oh the sparkle! How it blinds you with it sparkleness! And the eyes. Oh the eyes! Amazing!


And we get another moment of Hancock falling into the climax of her cup of pleasure. How wonderful she must feel like right now. haha


I hate Hannyabal. The guy looks stupid. He acts stupid and when you can say that about a One Piece character without ill will then that means something. Though I have to say that I agree that I was thinking or would be thinking too if Hancock and Domino took that much time in the room. Though Hancock and Domino do kind of make a good couple....Appearance wise. Not personality wise. haha


Hannyabal, your stupid is hurting my head. Please stop being stupid.

It seems like Momonga is the only one that has a brain here in this place. Or so far in the Marines. I have to feel for the guy. Having to deal with a crew that seems to be idiots. Then now with Hannyabal. Wow. Poor guy. Well it will all be over soon. Well at least I hope we won't have to be submitted to hearing Hannyabal....That it self will be torture.




This moment here made the first part of the episode for me. Well...It saved me from being miserable and recovered me from dealing with Hannyabal's...antics. I really want to see how this plays out when Funi does the dubbing for this episode. I am not month flap person so I don't know if 'Thank you" equals the same as "I love you" in flaps. Though it be cool once it happens and save me once again when dealing with Hannyabal's....antics.

Oh the sparkly eyes. haha We are getting a lot of those this week. Love it. haha


And here is our moment of vivrecard (Yes. I finally learn how to spell it right. Or so I think...Correct me if I got it wrong again...). I have to say that it compare to the angle and how it was last week that it is about the same size. For the last few weeks I been complaining that Ace's vivrecard has been changing size and I understand it changes size as Ace's condition worsens but to me it seems like it gets smaller and bigger as each week passes. Maybe it just me and how the camera angle is. Still it seems to be the right size this week. That is nice.


And we get our first looks at the blugori of Impel Down. For some reason they remind me of dogs. I know they are more like gorillas and such hence the name and sound they make but that shaking there is going to make me think dog. I want to heat them bark. Just a small one.

Though it is amazing that these guys can take out a seaking so easily. Is it because of their numbers and power? Must but then again it takes a lot to get the upper hand on a seaking.

Nice cut job though. Seems like the blugoris have a future in the meat processing occupation.


 Crimson Floor- Blood. Torture. Pain.


Wild Beast Floor- Dogs, birds, insects and chew toys.


Starvation Floor- Guys laying on the ground in pain and hungry.


Burning Heat Floor- Big pots with big flames.

Welcome to the most wonderful place on earth! Where all of your happiest dreams come true! Where you can be hung over boiling pots of water and flames or be force to be starve to death or bled to death where the blades are red from your blood or be chased by animals of crazy proportions or...wait...this doesn't sound too happy....Umm...This sucks.

Not so happy isn't it? Well why would anybody want to come here to begin with. Wait this is a prison? I thought it was a mall/amusement park. haha


This is a cool picture of Buggy. That is the only reason why it is here at all. haha

 To tell the truth I been looking forward for the return of Buggy for a long time. Buggy just seem like a cool character when he is serious and such. So seeing him in Impel Down shows that he is a serious threat by the World Government at least. Some respect that is much needed you can say.


And now we start our wonderful adventure of Buggy with him being seen! Nice. Very nice. You were able to sneak out of your cell before but couldn't get passed the cameras.

I wonder why he just didn't break up to smaller pieces then bounce his way pass it. It shouldn't be too hard but then again I guess not all things go according to plan.


Here we have a moment of Scooby Doo. Yeah....It didn't help that I was watching some old Scooby Doo stuff a few hours before I did my second watch though of this episode. Though I was thinking the same thing when I saw this episode the first time around. haha


Hmm...A button? I wonder what it does. Oh well. Best not push it.


OH NOES! I pushed the button!

 
WHAT THE HECK I GOING ON HERE?


Well this has been interesting. Didn't know I could bend that way.

Well you can tell I am just not into this episode right now....haha


I am sure that this moment was kind of important and maybe in the manga but this is just something that was kind of slow and boring. Though it did gave us some insight on how long these guys have been in prison. Clearly they been in here long enough to know about Ace's reputation as a pirate but too long since they don't know about what Luffy has done. I mean defeating a Warlord like Crocodile is a huge feat so that isn't something to be forgettable. Then I think Luffy is an easy guy to pick out since he has that straw hat. So I guess these guys been behind bars for a good long while now.


Cool picture here. Here we got Crocodile and Jinbei and some dude that we never seen before. I know we will cover him later on in the arc but already they are showing us things that we don't already know and hooking us in. I know that watching the anime week by week can be annoying but these little baits here is one thing that keep us going with this series.

Got to say Crocodile looks good here. Has that confident smile on his face. Though I can still see that they are trying to hide Jinbei's features till the day that they show him which is annoying since we can see a lot on the features of the other guy. Kind of sucks since I guess we get Jinbei's name but not features but we get this other guy's features but not name. That is how they work I guess.


RIGHT SIDE!



LEFT SIDE!


GO BUGGY!



By your powers combined, I am Captain Buggy!

*Insert Captain Planet theme song here*

Well, there goes your happy memories of the Captain Planet theme song with the inserts of Buggy. haha For some reason I was thinking Captain Planet here during this little scene. Don't know why but just him yelling out his parts made me laugh. Though I am sure there was no reference to that at all in this episode. Maybe it was more like a giant robot reference or something but oh well.

Now time for the awesome part of this episode.


Ahh the memories! It just seems like it was a year ago the last time I saw these episodes. Oh wait! It was almost a year when I last saw these episodes. haha Well for the first couple of screenshots it was a year ago. It was like half a year for the last few. I love the second to last screenshots because that was the most awesome part of the LogueTown arc. That smile as Luffy accepted his death is what makes you know that Luffy is the guy who will be Pirate King. Even at the face of death, Luffy has no regrets. haha
Nami!


Usopp!


Zoro!


Sanji!


I'm dead!
-Luffy
That is the best part and one of the few moments in One Piece that I will remember from One Piece. haha Awesome. Got to give the props to Luffy for having so much courage or stupidity. Either way it is awesome! haha

And there is your blog post for the Buggy and LogueTown arcs. haha


It seems like Luffy doesn't share the same feeling that I do after remembering all the moments he had with Buggy. I am really surprise that he remembered that much concerning Buggy. I mean Buggy is the first guy he beat then when he met Buggy the second time all Buggy did was tried to cut his head then Buggy got shock by a random lightning bolt. haha Luffy didn't even lift a finger the last time against Luffy. haha


And here is where the real awesome begins. haha

I just love when Buggy goes all psyched up on something. That face looks so awesome as if he is planning something. He knows that something bad will happen but is all for it just because there is no other way. haha Heeheehee Go for it Buggy! Go! haha

I am going to enjoy this moment of Buggy pwn-serving ever so much. haha

Also I am guessing that Buggy must really respect Shanks or something if he could see the same kind of flare in Luffy. I mean I know that Buggy hates Shanks but when you think about it, all the times we see Buggy do anything cool-ish or risky was back when he was with Shanks on Roger's ship. Then Buggy took the low road and hid in the East Blue until he met Luffy. If people like Luffy and Shanks can get Buggy all moving then cool.


*Insert big action sequence explosion here*

Now this is what made this episode. This moment here just made the episode awesome and saved it from being in the 'Good' pile of One Piece episode. Seeing Luffy and Buggy punch out that blugori with one hit. Awesome. I love how Luffy and Buggy's powes are similar. One power makes the guy immune to bullets while the other makes the guy immune to swords.One power makes the guy's arms stretch while the other makes the guy's arms fly.Both are awesome when they are shown. Well ok....one of them is...haha

If they could have made this episode last a good amount of the episode instead of the five minutes we got then I would have been happy. The action in these five minutes (or less) was just cool and great to see. I was kind of disappointed when the episode ended after the last scene because I really had no idea the episode ended. I was expecting it to end but thought there was more time on the episode after that last punch was shot.  I wanted more but now we have to wait. It just going to be awesome next week. I just know it.

Preview

Looks like we are going to get more Luffy and Buggy action in the next episode. I have no idea how Buggy is flying but I love it! haha I love how Buggy can be creative and just do stupid things like that. The Buggy Cart...yeah....Stupid but hey it gets a laugh. haha

I just realized that Buggy and Luffy reminds me of Chris Rock and Jackie Chan in the Rush Hour movies. haha One is scared (Buggy and Chris Rock's character) and one is awesome (Luffy and Jackie Chan's character). haha


Also it seems like the previews will have things releated to Movie 10. This week we see information about the Volume 0 for the manga. I am so covering this late but in case you don't keep up with manga news or just behind in the manga news then I will explain Volume 0. Basically this part of the One Piece manga takes place 20 years before the start of Luffy's adventure. As in what this means, nobody is really sure. Some people think this will be One Piece based on what Oda had in mind when One Piece was only a tiny though when he was in jr. high. Some think this is a look back when Gol D. Roger was roaming the seas of the Grand Line. I personality think it will be about Roger's time on the seas and ending where he is executed. Maybe an insight of Roger's last moments before heading for the gallows. It will be interesting nonetheless. Either way this manga will only be given out to the first people who see Movie 10 so us people in the US are screwed. Though I hope that Funi will give out English versions of Volume 0 when they dub over Movie 10 in a year or so.

And yes. I do think Funi will dub over Movie 10 seeing that it is a huge thing.

Besides that. Can't wait for next week's episode. Hopefully OniCon won't make my next anime post too delayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment