Sunday, October 4, 2009

One Piece More: Sweet Sweet Fanservice and One Month of Blogging

 
This is one of the images I didn't use for the last anime post. It was just another screenshot of Hancock fangirling and Luffy and the snake ignoring her. Just something I found funny.

So another week another bone. Sigh...School is getting a bit tough. I need to learn how to no cut it close with my assignments but sigh...Another thing for the to-do list right? haha Still next week is another week and that means another try in this game called Life.

So to the meat of this week's One Piece More.


Season Two, Voyage Three
So I got the One Piece Season Two, Voyage Three DVDs this past Tuesday. Boy have I been waiting a long time for these DVDs. I been waiting since the last DVD set which was in early August. And now I had to wait till late September for these. A long wait. Then it was made even more longer since I had things to do Tuesday afternoon and couldn't make it home in time to enjoy them.

Though with all of that aside, I was able to get in front of the TV on Thursday and watch the episodes. And boy did I watch. Just in that one night I was able to watch five episodes off the first DVD (Episode 83) and I couldn't stop myself. I only wanted to watch about four of them but the fourth episode on the DVD was kind of cliffhanger-ish and just had to watch the next episode!

Then today (Saturday) I was able to finish the first DVD and all of the second DVD. That is eight episodes right there! I had nothing better to do, well seeing that I am a college student there most likely was, so it was perfect to finish off the DVD set. I have to say it was cool. Very. I mean all of those episodes seem much more interesting. Though I do have to admit that Movie 9 did a better job in going over Chopper's past but the anime felt better. Can't wait for the next set in December. Or that when I think they come out next.

The thing is I seen these episodes before when they were done by 4Kids. I am not sure what changes were done since it been a long time since I seen the 4Kids version of these episodes. Still the Drum Island arc holds itself well. Also these episodes felt LONG! I mean I was sitting there wondering when we will hit an eyecatcher or something and it didn't come. I mean sometimes I feel like that if there is  a long going on because it feels a bit wrong that so much action is going on let no eyecatcher yet. Then it comes and you realize you have the other half of the episode left. Still that is good since it means it is a good episode right? Either that or the episode was boring. Though we all know there isn't such a thing as a boring episode in One Piece. haha Well there is....but that is for another day. haha

As in comparison to Movie 9, well I have to say that just from the first five episodes I like it better then the movie. It felt like a lot of the funny parts that were in the original arc was left from the movie. I guess that is from time issues but still those funny parts just made the arc for me and that what maybe saved this arc for me until the battles. Right now the only thing I remember Drum Island was that it was a bit boring and maybe a bit too long. It was cool when we had the battles but it just seem like the arc that Sanji joined but in the snow. Though so far it been all good. Expect a blog post or something on these episodes soon.

Though when watching these episodes, I kept thinking about what was going on in Drum Island in compare to the situation in the US. People avoiding to go to the doctor because it is too expensive. People on Drum Island not wanting to get treatment because that meant begging Wapol and then having to pay a huge amount of cash. There seem to be some sort of parallel there between what is going on in Drum Island and the US (and maybe Japan though I am not sure how the health care system is there) with the insurance companies. Though maybe I am over thinking this a bit or something. haha


Kampfer
It seems that this week marked the beginning of the new Fall Season in Japan which included an anime version of the manga Kampfer.

To tell the truth I was surprised that this manga was going to get an anime since I thought there was only two volumes of the manga. Then just recently I did a Google search to find out there is actually 3 volumes for the manga and 13 volumes for the light novel and it is an ongoing in both. That 'ongoing' part scares me since I am very sure that 3 volumes isn't a good space between manga and anime. Maybe it will be drawing material from the light novels which is 13 volumes ahead. Maybe 13 is a good number. I guess we see where this is going.

Though I hope this will be a long anime. I do like long (good) animes. 



For those that don't know what Kampfer is about then I do a quick summary. There is a guy named Natsuru Seno (that is him up there when he is a guy) who is part of some sort of supernatural fight after being chosen to be a Kampfer by some entities called Moderator. The catch is that all Kampfers are females so in order to take part in the battles and fight back he is turned into a girl. Now Natsuru is fighting a bunch of other Kampfers in this whole huge battle.

The show seems is very action-ish with a lot of comedy. Well why else would I be watching this if it wasn't  funny? haha It has some transformation scenes similar to what you seen in a magical girl anime but that is only Natsuru's transformation from male to female which involves his clothes being transform to their female counterpart. Still it is good and has some good action.

Now back to the discussion of the first episode.

Well after seeing the first episode at work with no sound I decided that once I get home I see it with sound. So much better. It allowed me to get the fanservice to it fullest and boy did it had fanservice! Sweet sweet fanservice.


Yes. Sweet sweet fanservice. haha

Well that is a good thing since the manga did have a lot of fanservice too. So that is a-ok here! *thumbs up* I mean I just got  done looking at some of the manga and it had a lot of fanservice in the few pages that I saw. Now the anime did somethings a bit differently as in when he first found out that he was a girl and added some sort of dream sequence before the opening but that was okay. It was much more funnier and fanservice-y then the manga. haha

The first episode has a good amount of action scenes since it had two fights in it. Well one an a half I guess since this other action scene was more like the beginning of one which will end in the next episode I guess. So it is more then just fanservice. Overall I think it follows the manga pretty well.

Some side note here is that this series is the first series where I read the manga first before watching the anime. In everything else I do it has always been anime first then manga. Still it has reverse here where I have found myself on the other side of the fence. I have to say that seeing the anime version that it reveal surprises that were later introduce later in the manga but I think that is because in animes you are able to notice things better then in mangas since in mangas there is only shades of black and gray with white. Still the anime feels true to the manga.

Though there was this one thing that I have an  issue with. The voices that were used in the anime matched no why to how I though the voices would sounds like when I was reading the manga! No way! haha They so got the voice for Natsuru (both male and female versions) all wrong! haha Damn. What were those directors thinking! haha Sigh...Whatever. I can't let something like that stop me from watching this anime. I just can't. hhaa

I guess it be safe to say that you  guys should expect me to make Kamifer as a section in the One Piece More post. Still don't expect an individual post dedicated to Kampfer unless something SUPER huge comes up. Afterall, this is a blog dedicated to One Piece. haha


One Month Anniversary
This passed week marked the one month anniversary of One Piece at a Time. YAY! That means I been blogging for almost every week in September. And how it was busy. If you look back I did twelve blog post in September which really surprised me. I had no idea I could do that many post in one month. It was also a great month for One Piece too since we got Bishonen Luffy and awesome stuff from the manga.

And the fun is just going to keep on going! I am planning to keep blogging though October but I am thinking to lighten up on it since three blog post a week sounds like it will get tiring really fast. I may just drop the One Piece More and do that one every so often. I can't drop the anime post since those are the main reason why I wanted to do a One Piece blog. The manga post are kind of fun to do and quick. So it may be the More post that we will see less of. Though new Fall Anime Season is up and going with two series that are up and coming this Fall. One of them you can see was Kampfer and the other one I think I will keep as a surprise. haha

Still it feels so good that I made it this far in blogging! I mean I didn't think I would make it to a month and still be blogging. I was hoping that I would make it this far but a piece of me thought it would end. Still cool that I am still here and hope that I can make a splash of some sort! I got mention on a podcast so that is cool. haha

Though I am also saying this because if you haven't notice I am a college student and those nasty midterms are around the corner. Beginning to feel the pressure here but as long as I get my time at night then I'll be fine. Still we see how things roll out.

Blog Stuff
Well if you been on the site for the last few days you will notice that there have been some changes. I changed the template a bit and there is some more COLOR! haha Well I had to mess with the template color a bit to get how I want it but now my post will look a little less longer then they really are. There is also some color too. I am hoping that I will have a banner up there soon so we can tell that this is actually a One Piece blog without looking at the post. haha There may be more changes soon but for now I am happy with what we got. I don't really like the color for the margins but I will live with it.

Also I didn't reach the goal I set for myself last week. Not a single comment. Still that is okay. It just make the goal for this week easier to come up with. haha


And now we are coming at the end of another week. May you all enjoy the rest of the weekend and try to watch the new One Piece episode on OnePieceOfficial. Still then have fun and party! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment