Saturday, October 24, 2009

One Piece More: Lot of stuff stuff


We are on a boat! On a boat yes...I don't know how this song goes but I hear this joke all the time. Yes. We are on a boat! On a boat....So screwing up this joke. I should stop.

Yeah....Well not much I think for this One Piece More post. I mean  I wasn't really planning to do a One Piece More post but seeing that next weekend I am going to be doing some interesting things that I might as well post things about it and how it will affect the blog. It is only polite or something.



OniCon
So if you haven't been reading my One Piece More post, you wouldn't know that I am going to an anime convention next weekend. This convention is a long running convention in my area and since I live in Texas, the anime capital of the US next to California (You know since Funi is based in Texas) I get the chance to see some cool Funi VAs.

Still I guess I should just get to the point and say how OniCon will affect the blog next week. The thing is that like all anime convention they have during the weekend but what also happens during the weekend is the new One Piece episode. So because of the con I am not going to be able to watch the new One Piece episode as it comes out. Instead I am going to be raving, dancing and hanging out with my friends at OniCon. It may sounds selfish but I am volunteering for the con so I am making full use of my free pass. haha So because of this con I am going to be watching next week's episode on Sunday. The day when I usually do my screenshots for the blog. Incase you don't know on the process of anime post for the blog. I first watch the episode on Saturday. Spend the rest of the night and Sunday thinking about the episode. Then on Sunday night I take my screenshots by hand. Then I do my typing and we have a new post about the anime! Tada! Still the thing is that I am thinking of doing the screenshots the same time I am watching the episode. Not good but it may or may not put me behind on. Here is me to hoping for that. Who knows what may actually happen.

Also for those that actually keep up with my One Piece More post, I am going to be WAY late on it. I most likey won't do one next weekend since I am going to be at OniCon and I am not going to be writing up the More post in the hotel room. Still I can promise that the next More post will be something HUGE! Or hopefully impressive. I can say that the content is going to be all from OniCon as in what I did. What I cosplayed. What other people cosplayed as including pictures of cool (Or all) One Piece cosplayers. And maybe some other type of cosplayers that catches my eye. Also hoping to go to some panels with some One Piece VAs and maybe some One Piece panels? Depends because so far I don't see any panels for the con at all.

Also I am going to be tweeting the whole time there or most of the time at least. I am going to set the phone to Twitter and be tweeting anything cool that is happening. So it will kind of be me blogging but not.

I will be trying to get signatures too. Can't promise anything but we see.

Lastly, for anybody who reads this blog that live in the Houston area and planning to attend OniCon then feel free to say hi or something. I don't know. I don't think I am that famous yet but go for it. Just don't abduct me or anything. I have decided on my cosplay line up for the con. First day will be Ikuto (Shugo Chara!). Day two will be me in a vampire group cosplay and if anybody ask I am going to say it is for the sequel of Trinity Blood, Trinity Blood X. That way it explains why we are vampires and wearing crosses since crosses are a no no for vampires. haha Then on the last day it will be Luffy (One Piece if you can't tell) most likely in regular outfit before Water 7. I may try to go for Movie 10 with the black tie and red shirt. The Movie 10 outfit is too new but it be cool to do it I think. I let you guys help me decide in the comments and Twitter.

Also for those that care. The manga post will go up on the planned day which will be Thursday. This past Thursday was actually a test to see if it is possible to post a manga post on the same day that the manga is released. So most likely it will be on time.

Anime Backlog
Well I am way behind on my anime list. I am behind on Shugo Chara by two episodes as of right now. Then I am behind on Kampfer by two episodes. And Fairy Tail will soon join the two episodes behind club on Monday. So yeah....Behind on anime. I think it be easy to catch up on Shugo Chara since the live action takes up about half of the episode and I am going to skip those. So if I watch the animated parts then it should be a full episode. Yay! haha

As in Kampfer and Fairy Tail...Umm...I hope I catch up soon.

I have a good reason though. I mean this week I had a report, presentation, survey to tally and a midterm to work on. That is a lot of junk to work on! So yeah....Anime backlog. Worse part is that this next week I am going to be working on getting a lot of schoolwork done ahead of time so I don't have to worry about it next weekend. Yay...! haha

One Piece Junk That I Just Got
Okay....I didn't plan on buying anything tonight but my friends and I went to this Japanese shop in the Chinatown. While there I saw a bunch of letter openers based on blades in anime. There were letter openers that looked like swords from Bleach, Naruto and....ONE PIECE! The letter openers were based on Zoro's swords! All three of them! They had all three of them! It took me no time to decide on buying this. The problem was which one to get. I clearly could have gotten all three of them and spend 12 bucks but really...I need to save money for the upcoming con so I shouldn't have spend money on it. Still after thinking about it I decided to get the sword that goes in Zoro's month. I am too lazy to look it up but you guys know what I mean. haha Maybe one day I get the other two on a different day.

I post pictures of it later. Not right now. It is late...haha
 


Umm...Yeah....Nothing much to say. Umm....Just posting to let you guys know the plan for next week. Enjoy the weekend and expect some delay this weekend. Big Homecoming game for my uni's team and going to hang out with friends tomorrow night! Depending on how late I get I may not watch the episode this weekend. I am going to watch it but I may use this weekend to test out my ability on getting screenshots and watching the episode.

Still have a good weekend and hope that my uni's team wins the Homecoming game! 5-1 with my team winning give games! Lets go for six! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment