Thursday, October 8, 2009

Manga: Chapter 560 (SPOILERS)

SPOILERS!!!! SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!!


Well got to say that this chapter really gave me everything that I asked for last week! We got some Kuma action, Luffy/Smoker/Hancock action and some Buggy fun. It was also very action pack. So many great moments that I literally couldn't decide what to use for the opening scene. This scene was choose from five moments from the chapter and two of them were battle scenes. Still I guess I just picked the battle scene that open the chapter and go with it. Be forewarn that I this post may have more screenshots then others but I won't make it a habit to picture spam future post about manga chapters. That what my anime posts are for. haha

Well lies! The chapter opened up with Hancock giving the key to Ace's cuffs to Luffy. Still got to say it was funny. haha Hancock mistaking Luffy's hug as marriage. haha Wow. If that is true that I must be Mormon or something for all the hugs I have given out. haha. SUCH A CUTE FACE! The one where Hancock 'realize' that Luffy had married her or something.

And once again the Marines mistaken something that Luffy did as something else. haha They actually thought that Luffy was able to knock out Hancock with one hit. Funny. haha Still I guess this answer my question about how the Marines would react to the moment that Hancock and Luffy had in the last chapter. Most of them must have mistaken the interaction as a confrontation.

Though it doesn't look like all the Marines are stupid as it seems like Smoker notice what Hancock did and he isn't happy. I can see why 4Kids decided to dub his name as 'Chaser' since he really doesn't give up. Even after getting hit like that by Hancock and stuff. Smoker still wants to go after Luffy. Heck they should have called him 'Bloodhound' or something.

Still how foreshadowing were Smoker's parents when they named him Smoker? It is like he was destined to have the Plume Plume fruit. haha Still even with all his powers and threats, it seems like Hancock doesn't care about what the World Government does next or what Smoker has in store. Awesome! I can't wait to see what happens next. I in a million years would have thought we will see a fight between Hancock and Smoker. Awesome.

"He's now become the perfect "Humanized Weapon!!!" It's better to call him..."Former" Bartholomew Kuma...!!" -Doflamingo

And this basically confrims what has happen to Kuma. It seems like he wasn't a full Pacifista and just recently has he been made one. Still Doflamingo likes to talk a lot. He just saying all this stuff to Luffy and Iva without even second thinking.
"But now he's a living corpse with no memory of ever being human. Now he's a monster, hearing only the Government's command to strike!!!" -Doflamingo
 I have to say I reread this several times. Trying to let the words sink in. Just letting each word hit my mind and trying to get what Doflamingo said. I clearly understood what he meant. It just that those are some powerful words. Very colorful but also very true. That part about the corpse truly describes what has happen to Kuma. By the sounds of what Doflamingo has said, it sounds like Vegapunk and his guys just took out whatever was left of Kuma's humanity and made him all machine. Just like the Pacifistas that we saw at Sabaody Archipelago.

And it seems like I was right. That Kuma knew what was going to happen to him back at Sabaody Archipelago. So that makes me right? Right? I guessed right about what happen to Kuma last week. That he got transform to a full Pacifista. Now I do remember saying that this could be because of the World Government wanting full control due to what happen back at Sabaody Archipelago and Thriller Bark but it makes sense. Still it sounds like from Doflamingo that Kuma chose this himself. Are we going to get more information later on about this? Not sure. It seems like Iva and Kuma are going to be dueling it out pretty soon so maybe Iva would reveal more about their past together and maybe even try to return Kuma back to normal. No idea but this is one juice bit here.


This was so going to be the picture I was going to use as the opener for this post. I so wanted to use it but I was afraid it would spoil too much for those who are only following the man. Well I am spoiling a lot already with having images from the manga to be the openers for this post and not having them after the page break but I just thought that this one was way too much.

Still that is a CRAZY attack there! All those Ivas there using a Death Wink but no! Galaxy Wink! Crazy. The best part is that they all seem to be doing damage to Kuma. We don't know how much damage it has done to Kuma but seeming that the big guy didn't see it coming nor blocked it. Doesn't look good for Kuma. I mean Iva got some good hits on Kuma and the big bear didn't even get up.

"V DON'T CARE IF VOUR MEMORIES HAVE BEEN ERASED OR WHAT!!! IF VOU EVER FORGET VOUR FEAR OF VE! V'LL JUST POUND IT BACK INTO VOUR BODY!!! PREPARE VOURSEEELF!!!" -Iva
It seems like the best way to get Iva up and going is to attack his men. Guessing that he doesn't like her boys being manhandled like that. Though did anybody notice that all of Iva's men all seem to be crossdressers or kind of gave off that aura? Though there seem to be a difference between the Impel Down crossdressers and the ones we saw at Peachy Island's crossdressers. The Impel Down crossdressers seem more clean cut as in they shave and seem cleaner. Though they still don't look like girls but I guess that maybe at one point the Peachy Island crossdressers were decent looking but once Iva left, everything went downhill from there.

And next we get the best part. Our moment of Buggy! Awesome! I love when Buggy is just so gunhoe about something. He just charging in there with all the prisoners of Impel Down. This really reminds me of Buggy back when we first saw him. Before he became this comic relief villain. He has his knives in one hand and all smiles as he goes into battle. I love it! This so is asking to be animated! I just can't wait to see Buggy do some fighting!

Oh and then we get Crocodile. Did anybody know that Crocodile is actually one of my favorite, if not is my favorite, villain from One Piece. The guy got brains, muscle, and coolness on him. At his peak, he was two steps ahead of everybody and confident. Just with one attack he took out those men of Whitebeard. I am disappointed that Crocodile isn't out there kicking Marine butt instead of wanting Whitebeard's head but I am okay. As long as the old sand croc is out there doing something awesome.

Then this part I didn't get. We get Jozu attacking Crocodile and not long after we see Doflamingo. It looks like Doflamingo is controlling Jozu to some degree and used him to hit Crocodile. Which makes me wonder, why was Jozu able to touch Crocodile? I mean isn't Crocodile one of the most skilled people in using his logia type fruit advantage to turn to sand? Or was this completely out of left field that Crocodile didn't have time to even transform to sand? Maybe his time in Impel Down made him a bit soft? Or in this case hard. Was Crocodile wet or something? This is one reason why I don't like the manga. I miss things like this and I end up being confused. Sigh...
"You got some mouth on you!! Fufu How about you and I hook up?" -Doflamingo
And I not sure what that means. Either it means that Doflamingo wants to team up with Crocodile and take out Jozu or Doflamingo also wants Whitebeard's head or Doflamingo wants to fight against Crocodile. I am so hoping it is that last one. I been waiting a fight between Doflamingo and Crocodile. I want to see what Doflamingo can do and if Crocodile can became sand to avoid the effects of Doflamingo's ability.

Finally we get Luffy and Mihawk. A match up that I didn't expect to see. I wasn't expecting this but it seems like Mihawk wants this fight. Now this isn't good since we all know that swords are Luffy's ultimate weakness (next to water). Another interesting match up. Will we see Marco finally come in and help out Luffy as Whitebeard said? Who knows. Maybe Luffy will be able to surprise us. We'll see in two weeks since there is no manga chapter next week. Till then we can only dream about what will happen and the awesome that happen in this week's.

No comments:

Post a Comment