Friday, October 2, 2009

Manga: Chapter 558 (SPOILERS!)

SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!



So the war has started! Well it been started. Now we have just enter another moment in the war against Whitebeard and the Marines. Got to say this chapter had a lot in it. It left me wondering in some parts but other parts covered those parts up and left me impressed. Clearly this chapter gave us some of the moments that we been waiting to see for a long time but it literally blew everything else away! No words can help me in describing what happen at the end of the chapter. But we are going to try. And fail. haha

We get Zoro there on the cover and I guess he is thinking once again that he is right in his location and the others are being stupid because they are lost. Or that is what I am getting from the title.

So Ace finally gets out of his hump about 'Oh just leave me alone and let me die! Don't trouble yourself! Just let me die!' phase which was getting on my nerves. I mean so far anybody that has the middle initial D. or better known as 'The Will of D' that has been on an execution platform or on the brink of death have all had one thing in common. They went out with a smile. Well all except Luffy since he didn't went out. Still I guess I should rephrase that. They showed no regrets as in what was happening around them. They all seem to accept what was happening to them and didn't care what was happening to them. Ace is part of the Will of D and let he seem to be the one that is against what is going on. I guess he is accepting what is happening to him but all these flashbacks to when he and Luffy were kids seem to show that he is regretting that Luffy is here. This was kind of bothering me, it felt out of character for somebody who had the Will of D. Still nice to see that Ace seems to be back to his old self or something. Better then being all mopey.

What is Iva doing? Is he attacking with his legs? I see the huge spread there and I see the small thing that is suppose to be Luffy and there is the huge Iva there attacking. But it looks like his legs are where his arms are or something. Or with the gloves on, it looks like his hands are his feet. No idea.

Also it seems like the aftereffects of Gear Third happen off screen. Or is it off panel? No idea but you get the point since Luffy is back to normal and he isn't chibi-ified.

Then we get the conversation between Buggy and Whitebeard. Well I was just loving what Buggy was saying. I am finding that Buggy is what is making a lot of the comedy here. He isn't doing anything right now but he is just that guy on the side that is saying things. So far Buggy isn't showing anything uber awesome or is even battling but he realized that there are some big shot names here on both sides.

Let I love how Whitebeard is able to just make Buggy all fight happy and ready. One minute Buggy is all for the idea of knocking Whitebeard off a peg and then the next Buggy is all for the idea of working with Whitebeard. Then once Buggy feel the energy, it is then passed to the men that are following Buggy. I am really looking forward to see what Buggy is going to do next now that he is all up for fighting. I mean there is the chance that he will be pushed to the side and get beat up but really I am hoping that he can do something amazing. I heard he did a good job in Impel Down and I am hoping to see that here in Marineford.

And Whitebeard knows he is using Buggy. haha Nice.


Sorry but since there is no "IRM WOLVERINE!" moment in this week's chapter I felt like putting in this awesome Buggy moment.I was actually thought about making this be this week's post opener but decided on the much more dramatic Ace moment. I loved Buggy's facial expressions and how the Impel Down ex-prisoniers reactions. haha

*Thumbs up*

I know whatever Whitebeard has plans is important but I don't feel like saying anything about it. Clearly both sides, Whitebeard and Sengoku, have something up their sleeves. Still I rather not think about it and just be amazed when it is actually revealed. Worked for me so far. Why ruin a good thing right? haha

And now we are back to the battle between Moria and Jimbei. Well that was something. Moria didn't put much of a fight but then again he was being lame and was all, "I AM GOING TO TAKE YOUR SHADOW KISH KISH KISH KISH!"

And what happens? Moria was knocked out with one punch. I am not sure if there is some sort of level of power within the Warlords of the Sea but it seems like Moria is one of the weaker ones. Still who says Moria is out of the picture yet? He was able to get up the first time when Luffy knocked him down. Maybe he will prove to be not as lame and give Jimbei a run for his money.

I wonder though, what happen to those Marine people that Moria took their shadows from? Was the sun up? Did they all died and turn to dust when Moria took their shadows? They didn't show that part so now I am wondering what happen to them.

Also if you look at Jimbei's chest you can see his tattoo from his days as a Sunny pirate.

Luffy Vs Smoker

And it seems like Smoker is going for Luffy's blood. I am guessing the realization as in why Luffy was saved by Dragon really got Smoker pissed or something. He pushed aside Tashigi. Still lately I been wondering if Luffy's Jet attacks would do any damage to a Logia user. Since it says that physical attacks don't do damage to them but Luffy's Jet attacks are more like air blast or something like that. So being hit with air or a sonicboom has to do something to them. By the looks of it, they did something to Smoker but not enough to stop him. One day Luffy will get that Haki going and be able to attack them. That would be an interesting day since I am having a feeling it be kind of how Luffy got the Soru thing to work with his Second Gear. So I am ready to laugh on that day. Though I be sad since that means Luffy has overcome another of his weakness. haha

Then we get that WONDERFUL kick from Hancock! So awesome. I stared at the leg for a few minutes before realizing that I had a chapter to read. haha Haki in action as Hancock was able to give the boot, or the high heel, to Smoker. And we get some sideboob action too. Sweet sweet sideboob. haha

And leg.

I WON'T LET YOU LIVE! I'VE NEVER FELT THIS ANGRY IN ALL OF MY LIFE!!! I AM GOING TO CHOP YOU UP AND FEED YOU TO THE ANIMALS!!

I was wondering how Hancock was going to react when Luffy was out there in the action. I guess she isn't going to just stand around and just watch her man getting beat up. And maybe she choose a good time to get involved too seeing that Luffy was being pinned down was enough to wake the sleeping lover. Also it seems like Luffy appreciates her being there too.

Also those are some bold words from Hancock. She seems really upset about Smoker going around and beating around her man! No touch my man or I am going to chop you up and feed you to the animals! Then I am going to kick those animals and go all cute face! Well she didn't say that last part but I think if Hancock was thinking clearer then she would.

Yes *CuteFace Hancock* He...Called me Hancock....Again!!

AWW!!! How cute is that! She goes from angry face to cute face in ten seconds flat. Nice. I can only wonder how Smoker is handling this. Just watching a Warlord going all cute face after defending Luffy.

Speaking of such, where is Marco? Didn't Whitebeard said something about making sure that Luffy doesn't die. Not doing much of a job on that. Or maybe he is just waiting for the right moment. I am not sure.

And now we are having a puzzled Iva who has no idea why Kuma would be attacking him. It seems like Iva finds this very out of character for Kuma. To me it seems like something that Kuma would do in some way. Well I guess not since Kuma seem cool with the StrawHats since he let them escape in his own special way. Still it seems like Iva knows Kuma much more personality then the StrawHats. It seems like Iva knows a lot of people personality since he knows something about Crocodile that we don't know. Then there is Kuma. Since last chapter it seems like everything that Kuma is doing is a surprise to Iva. I am guessing we are getting closer to discovering whatever hold that the World Government and the Marines have on Kuma.

I guessed you knew Kuma? Also known as Tyrant Kuma...But he is DEAD.

And that is what Doflamingo said about Kuma. This is really making me wonder what does he mean. If anything it could mean that the Marines were not happy with what Kuma did back at the Sabaody Archipelago. Did they complete Kuma's process as a pacifista is completed? Was this what Kuma met when he told Luffy that this was going to be the last time Luffy would see Kuma? Did Kuma knew that what he would did at Sabaody would create some backlash and thus push the Marines to take complete control over Kuma? If so then I guess this would explain why the pacifista that attacked the StrawHats seem to be completely lifeless back there.

Or this could be a translation error or something because of the scans I got for this chapter. Maybe it is more like, "The Kuma that you knew is dead!" or something like that. To tell the truth that makes more sense but I guess we will have to wait till next week to see what Doflamingo means and what will Iva do.

That last statement really wrapped up the chapter. Also it left me wanting more. I can't wait to see what happens next week. I am so looking forward and hoping they will show more Buggy, Kuma's little secret and Hancock/Luffy/Smoker action. Lets hope so! Till next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment