Sunday, June 19, 2011

Anime: Post Marineford Arc- Episode 501


This pretty much sums up the whole episode, in all of it's desperate glory. Only at OnePieceOfficial.com.
First Thoughts
This is an absolutely thrilling episode. The betrayal, the evil, the true muck of this kingdom…it is horrible beyond belief. The whole episode kept me on the edge of my seat, screaming, crying, wailing, exclaiming…it was all just too much for one school night, haha! The suspense, the horror, the corruption of the ruling nobles…all disgusting, and disgraceful. Not to even mention the surprise guest, who is indeed Amazing and astounding beyond words. I have not been this excited for a flashback episode in…well, a long time, haha! Exhilarating, and yet so horrifying, that such people can exist in the world, and what is worse, be in charge of a portion of it. It makes me literally sick to my stomach to think about how this was all going on. The sadness…the horror…it was just so much…especially Sabo’s final realization and admittance. That was the most impressive thing so far this whole flashback arc. Amazing.
Summary
As the Nobles hunt down a newly escaped Sabo, Ace and Luffy continue to work for Bluejam, lifting and carrying crates and boxes around the Grey Terminal to start a fire they are unaware of. Horrified by the Nobles’ plot to burn all of the “trash”, people and waste, of the Grey Terminal, Sabo’s determination to save Luffy and Ace lets him break out of his parent’s house once more in order to make it to his friends in time to warn them.
As this occurs, the burning of the Terminal has begun, and people on the lower areas of the city evacuate as the guards close the fire-gates; refusing to allow any person from the Grey Terminal into the city. Thinking that the King would reward them with the status of Nobles upon doing this deed for him, Bluejam and his pirate crew tie up Luffy and Ace to let the flames get to them, then find their way into the city blocked. The King had set them up, and was now also ridding the country of a notorious gang of pirates. Enraged, Bluejam and his gang go into madness as the rest of the denizens of the wastes panic. Far in the forest, the Dadan Family also begins some panicking of their own, wondering if the fire will reach them through the trees.
Sabo is beaten back by guards from the gate, trying to open it to save Ace and Luffy, and left unconscious in the streets. He is found by a mysterious cloaked man, to whom he cries his shame of being born a Noble, for what they are doing to the people of the Terminal. Amazed at how Goa Kingdom has finally turned one of its own people against it so harshly, the cloaked man promises to remember Sabo’s pleas, and treats him. Meanwhile Luffy and Ace are caught between the approaching flames, and the crazed Bluejam pirates, out for blood.
Thoughts
So Sabo is running...and running...and running...the sad thing about all this is just How polite and nice all of these people are to him when he is out running away. It is creepy almost, such pleasant people purposefully allowing such atrocities to occur. Really tragic. It is almost surreal too; and since Sabo is only 10 years old, he probably doesn't even fully understand the politics behind it either.

If he was older, he would get how if he just kept his wits about him, he actually Could go on to make a name for himself, and get in with the right crowd. Then he will be in more power to do the things he knows are right. However...the situation at hand is a little more demanding than future plans right now. That, and the thought hasn't even crossed his mind. Oh well.
Bluejam telling Ace and Luffy about the plan was just stupidity on his part. He had to have known that they wouldn't approve, so he just set them up to burn. Darn him.

"This is serious! I gotta tell everybody!"
I just LOVE this line! It is adorable~
I really do not like how insistant Bluejam is on finding that treasure. It worries me.
Ugg! What kind of a parent Throws their kid Down Stairs? I will tell you. A BAD PARENT. Or a noble. Of course, nobles do not Have to be bad parents. It is just that the majority are. Seriously...that is sooooo creepy...and cold...poor Sabo...and he has to get out to save his friends! His...nakama...awwwww!

Sabo in Dispair

I have to admit; this scene is really well animated. The realism shines through the screen in the poor boy's grief. I don't know how he is going to get out of this one...

Oh, it's a dog...? Do the nobles plan on burning Edge Town too? I hope not; I think at least some non-outcasts live there...not to mention the dog...oh, there we go. Okay, so there is a wall. That helps. Good. The ominous red-sky was a great touch though; it really set the mood.

This entire episode was so dark...it really terrified me, each one of the many times I watched it.

But...it couldn't possibly be...could the fire reach all the way through the forest, and into Dadan's hideout? That would be bad...so much forest would die...and I don't know if the Bandits could get away in time...

Oh dear...a firewall. Nothing, and no one, will get in that town now...even if some of the denizens of the Grey Terminal were good men and dudes...but they all are going to get fried now...this is tragic...

Seriously, why do all men put their revolvers or guns in the front of their pants? It is terribly crude to me...and it is always the really evil or just stupid ones too. Darn them.

Bluejam totally got played by this king. I don't even need to see how this flashback of his will end: it is already clear that no one will get into those doors.

I was right. No one is getting into those doors. Problem now? Bluejam is going to go Berserk.

Ughrk...this king guy...he is dispicable...setting it all up so that the blame goes on Bluejam's head too...gods...

Oh no! The boys!


LOVE Luffy's face!

I almost died when Ace said this: "It's gonna be alright. I'm here with you!" ~Awwww! Such bro-luv!!!

Jeez…how dare they…disgusting brutes beating poor Sabo into a pulp…he is just a kid, for Beep’s sakes! Gods, he is just a kid!
You know, this would be a time when Dragon would appear; but I highly doubt that. Even with this freaky weather (which reminded me of Dragon) and whatnot, it would be totally impossible to think for even one second that-
OH MY GODS THAT IS DRAGON!!!!!!! (*favorite part of episode XD*)
Awwwwwwwwwwwww! Oh gods, this music, and what Sabo is saying to Dragon…gods, this is amazing! I never thought…oh gods…Dragon is definitely the only one to whom Sabo could totally be trusted by. Wow…oh gods…what is going to happen? What?!
“This town…it smells of rotten people!” ~Sabo. This…this was amazing. Then this:


Oh. My. Gods. I ABSOLUTELY cannot believe Dragon’s amazing reaction. The speed at which he reacted...so startled.This…this is astounding. This is…WOW. I don’t even know what to say, this is so incredible! I mean, the sadness in this scene, it is almost unbearable for me to see…
Even Dragon does not have enough power to change the country…oh…this…this is just so serious-sad to me…oh…but still, I did not know that Dragon had been born in Goa Kingdom. There is so much about Luffy, and his entire family (little details like this) that I wish I knew. They could be so vitally important.
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! WOWW!! So…Gods…Dragon has been so moved by Sabo’s pleas, his own horror against his own country…woah…this is totally going to be important somehow. I just wish I know how!!
I can’t believe it…even Bluejam was screwed over by the Nobles…wait, no, I take it back. I Can believe it. Mostly for the reason that if the Nobles wanted all “scum” off of their shores, I can see why they consider a notorious pirate crew to be in the same category as the other lower-ranked civilians of the Grey Terminal. Still, it is always kind of distant to see the guy who played a part in this whole scheme to go down with it. Double-crossing the double-crosser…a disturbing ploy, and never really fun to watch…
…oh. My. Gods. This little child (girl?!) is SO UGLY!!! …and I feel really bad for her now. All of these Nobles are teaching their kids horrible things…this is disgusting. I am SO glad that Windmill Village was forgotten by the Kingdom. Everything in this kingdom is rotten…it is really disgusting. These are foul human beings, to not care so much about their fellow man. No one can just Choose who to be born to! That is the stupidest load of Beep I have heard in a long time…this is just sick, what these people are teaching their kids, and what the kids believe! Disgusting.

I cried when I saw the burning Teddy Bear. Yes, both times I watched the episode. A lot.

Hmph. So Bluejam tries to negotiate himself out again? Or is he just going to be angry and kill the boys here and now? And what happened to Dragon and Sabo!? Ugg…
This is insane!?! So, these fools are just going to go and kill these kids because they have nowhere else to go? This is ridiculous, and has just melded into insanity…gods…this is…horrible…
Oh wow…Ace almost said “what matters most now is your life”…catching himself and changing it to “our lives”. Awww! He cares for Luffy! Still, the madness is scaring me…and Sabo…where are you…?
Oh! Sabo; he is bandaged (but unconscious, phew) in an alleyway. But…where is Dragon? He cannot interfere…can he? And Bluejam sucks eggs.

Oh no, LUFFY! He is going to get run through-
o.o Oh gods…that is a total blast of Haki…that is huge…Dragon! It must be Dragon! I don’t think Ace can do Haki now, if at all, so it must be Dragon! Woah…awesome! But still, Bluejam is about to shoot Ace…oh gods…
What a thrilling way to end an episode! Well, all that has to happen now is for Sabo to stay far away, and hide…then…um…yeah. I do not know. But, this is so dangerous…I hope everyone will be alright…oh…I am so worried…

 
Thanks for watching/reading with us today! Stop by again, to OnePieceAtATime, and especially to OnePieceOfficial.com!

1 comment: