Thursday, June 2, 2011

One Piece More: Long Over Due

Dance my little puppets dance! Dance!

Well this More piece is long over due. When was the last time we had one? Like March? Heck I didn't even do that one! Who the heck is in charge of this blog? They been doing a horrible job in keeping things together these last three months! It not like they been busy trying to get interviews planned and graduating from college and junk....Wait? They have? Wait! That person is me! Umm...To the meat of the post!

-Mikey

AKon 2011
by Mikey
Something that has been overdue in announcing formally on the blog is that myself (Mikey) will make the pilgrimage to AKon 22 this year. The city of Dallas, Texas will have the honor to get me upset once again as I try to navigate though it's confusing and crazy traffic system.

AKon will be happening June 10-12th in Dallas, Tx at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. Not much in One Piece guests this year. Kyle Hebert (King Cobra) and Cherami Leigh (Pepper/Miss Goldenweek/Aisa) all played roles in One Piece but don't expect interviews from this convention. Still have one from Anime Matsuri that I haven't touched and would like to get that one done before starting on any new ones.

There will be a Funimation Industry Panel at AKon 22 this year. This will be the first that I have the chance to attend and surely you can expect me to be live tweeting the panel. Funimation Industry Panels sound like really awesome panels to attend and I can't wait to see what news Funimation have to bring for us at AKon. I don't expect anything One Piece related but it be really awesome if they do say something about the future of the series. Heck I be happy if they even mention the series since it be proof that it is on their minds.

 I want to see a Perona cosplay

Also planning to hit a few photoshoots for One Piece cosplayers. Going to try to take as many pictures of One Piece cosplayer as I can. The official one that AKon is doing in their photoshoot room is happening at 1pm Saturday which I will have to miss due to the Funimation panel. If you know of any One Piece photoshoots happening at Akon then let me know via comments or email (OnePieceataTimeBlog(at)Gmail.com).

Also those that hitting the con, try looking for me at the convention to win some nice little prizes. Find me at the convention (outside of photoshoots would be really awesome) and say this: Hi Mikey! I am (Insert name here) and I read One Piece at a Time blog!

I will hopefully have three prizes to give away if you find me. Good luck! See you at Akon!

Viz Sale on Right Stuf
by Mikey
Until June 6th, Right Stuf is having a sale on all Viz products which includes all 58 volumes of One Piece and the recently announced Colorwalk 2. You can get up to 33% off anything that Viz publish. Below are some things that I would suggest:

Colorwalk 2
Volume 57
Volume 58

Of course if you are missing any of the past One Piece volumes then get those too. They look very colorful on the bookshelf.

Please note that in our interviews with Alexis (Viz's One Piece Editor) that if you want to see more One Piece being released that they need to see that fans are buying. Want to see more of the volumes coming out a year? Buy the volumes. Want to see more colorwalks? Buy the volumes and Colorwalk 2. Money talks and if they see that money is saying that One Piece fans want more colorwalks and databooks then Viz will most likely get those things.

New Blogger: Pirate Beck
By Mikey
Literally, this is the best picture we can find of him

So if you haven't notice by now by looking at the About page or just around the blog, another blogger has been added to the crew. Pirate Beck has joined our ranks as the cook of our crew and he has lots of things cooking on the stove.

Beck comes all the way from England where he enjoys a lot of things that are outside of the British Isles. He is well knowledgeable about One Piece overseas. You may recognize some of his work such as his Alabasta Kingdom YouTube channel. Beck has done a lot for the blog as you can see such as getting us an exclusive interview with Alexis and has more to bring.

So please feel free to give him a welcome to the blog.

Summer is coming and I see that I have some free time. Expect some changes to be happening to the blog during the summer. Some of them planned and some of them not so much. One thing that you can expect is the Blog Roll to be updated. This will also include new bar banners once I figure out what I want them to look like.

Keep coming and we keep dashing out the cool One Piece stuff. Along the way we do some cool things that been buzzing around. Just got to keep coming to the blog to find out.

4 comments:

  1. Theirs a photoshoot on Friday at 4pm - 5pm the official on Saturday at 1pm- 2pm and another Saturday at 3pm - 4pm hopes this helps

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous
    Thanks a lot. I try to make the on on Friday. The 1pm Saturday one I won't due to the Funi panel.

    Where will the Saturday at 3pm one be? I have some guys who want to do a photoshoot at the same time. So maybe we can combine the two for a big great one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iam just gonna copy and paste the details from the site where iam getting all the info from, so here u go
    At 2, I think another group is outside in that same area. I had said 3. XD 'cause .... from 1PM - 2PM there is a shoot in the photoshoot room. And ... B| I kind of want to change out of timeskip!Sanji to do the outside shoot.

    Alright, let me get this together.

    FOR BOTH DAYS, WE WILL MEET IN THE REGISTRATION/INFO HALL. I WILL BE THERE 30 MINUTES BEFORE THE TIME TO START GATHERING PEOPLE AND STUFF. 8D SO MEET ME THERE. THEN AFTER THE 30 MINUTES PASS, WE WILL MOVE OUTSIDE TO THE CANCER PLAZA.

    This will keep it organized and at least gather more people than just us here.

    FINAL TIMES ARE LISTED BELOW:
    Friday will be from 4 - 5 PM.
    Saturday will be from 3 - 4 PM.

    There is a photoroom photoshoot that is not run by me, instead by Squeesax from 1 - 2 PM on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete