Monday, December 7, 2009

Anime: Little East Blue Arc- Episode 429


First Thoughts
Well here we go! The last part of the Little East Blue Arc has come! Everybody here is all pump up and ready to take on the Amigo Pirates!

This was a  really good episode. The first half was really good with all the fighting moments. I know I have some sort of obsession with Second Gear but just seeing Luffy going into Second Gear so early in the episode made me know this was going to be a good episode. Then the second half was slow but good. It fulfilled what I wanted from this arc and that is good. Love how One Piece really tied in everything to make sure this was going to be a good episode.

Well this episode just gave me everything I needed from this arc and a bit more. Still I get inSeto that later.



Summary
Luffy at once goes after Largo.

Zoro, Sanji, Usopp, Nami, and the townsfolk take care of Colt and the Amigo Pirates. After a harsh attack from Boss, Colt is defeated.

Luffy finishes off Largo and defeats the Amigo Pirates.

Luffy and crew soon leaves Little East Blue.

Thoughts

So we continue our ongoing investigation! Seems like we are coming close to a conclusion. There is enough evidence to claim that it is a bra that is connected to a see thought top. Very interesting. Still we need to make sure that this true.

I have no idea what was that. haha Still I can feel the people of Little East Blue getting ready to fight. It seems like all the excitement that happen in the last episode found a way into this episode. Well I mean the excitement that we got when Luffy, Sanji and Zoro were freed. Which is good since that moment was sync up with this moment.


And there is the first fist fire of the fight! Luffy is now serious here and the Second Gear is the sign of that! Awesome! Just seeing that Second Gear activating made me know that this fight was going to be awesome. Glad I got a screenshot of the activation. Looks really nice. Then seeing Largo flying from the Jet Bullet already told me that Largo got lucky in the last fight between Luffy. He saw that Luffy was coming and didn't even have time to come up with anything to response back. Now we can see the difference is skill here.

Factoid here: Right before Luffy made contact with Largo's face in Jet Bullet, Luffy disappeared from the screen. You see him running at Largo and then if you pause it the right moment you can see that Luffy was gone. Not sure if anybody knew that but there isn't even more disappearing lines or anything. If there was then they were really fast. Was going to screenshot it but I was too focus on getting these here to think about it.




Jet Lance, now that is a new one. I think it is suppose to be Spear but lances and spears are the samething. I am not sure but we got a cool move still. That would have so hurt if it had hit Largo. Kind of sucks that it didn't but these Second Gear moves is making the fight for me.

Aww Largo. Don't you understand? You can't capture something that is moving too fast for you. It has nothing to do with the environment. Luffy is just moving too fast for you to let you net him. That was the third net you threw out and all Luffy did was move out of the way. You are going have to get smarter if you want to get this guy. Try to predict his next move if you want to get him because just throwing out nets on where he was standing isn't going to help. haha

Sweet sweet revenge eh? Your fake sympathy isn't going  to help you anymore. Luffy is smoking here! Just wait till he get you with another face full of fist! Also about time you recognize who Luffy is. Though I guess Largo here must have a somewhat high bounty if he isn't concern about Luffy's high bounty. I know bounties shouldn't be used as a way to gauge the strength of a person Largo seem really confident here. Let see where his skill, fake sympathy and confidence gets him eh? haha



When I heard that old lady yell, I really thought she did something to screw up Zoro and Sanji. I mean those two guys looked as if they were going to go crazy on Colt and the Amigo Pirates. Then out of nowhere rocks were flying. Then it seems like this was all part of a bigger plan. Very smart. I can see that Nami guessed that the tunnels all connected with each other and thus all the people got out at different exits to mount an attack on the Amigo Pirates. Nice. Sanji is right, a smart lady from East Blue came up with a plan and that was Nami. This is why I love Nami. haha She just comes up with the most interesting ways to fight. haha


Time for the weather girl that we all love and know to make a report! There is going to be clear skies but a certain patch may find themselves under a thunderstorm warning as server lightning has been spotted in the area.

It is a shame that Nami didn't do a weather report but that is all cool. Just seeing Nami using her awesome Perfect Climatact is enough coolness for me.


I wish that Usopp did more in this fight but I take what I can get. Just seeing him do something is better then him doing nothing like he was during the last episode. I would have enjoyed to see something more then a stink egg being shot but this is good. haha I laughed at the fact that some guy got hit with the rotten egg. haha Also Usopp looks very manly in that outfit and pose. haha He is....

MANLY USOPP!


Umm...Is Largo wearing a dress made of guns? I mean it is cool that he is floating up above everybody but why is he wearing a dress that is made up of guns? I am sure this sounded cool and paper but not so good when you look at it. haha It bray did anything. haha


Now we go back to our fight of Luffy and Largo. Got to say this is a great way to go back to the fight. Luffy still in Second Gear and Largo standing there tall. Makes you think it is an even fight. Well not really but still a cool scene.


 Get in my belly! Aha Aha Aha!

Got to admit, the Net Net powers takes some brains  to use and creativity. I was surprise with what the net thing was able to do in order to negate Luffy's attacks for a bit. It makes sense too since I think sometimes nets are used to absorb impacts and such. I am no science major so I am not all knowledgeable on this kind of things. Still cool.

Also it kind of makes me sad that Luffy is caught in another net. haha


And that is all she wrote! The end the match with a GIANT PISTOL! HAHAHA

It was funny to watch Luffy break out of the net that Largo had made. I mean I find Third Gear funnier then awesome. Still Luffy getting bigger and bigger as Largo was getting nervous. Nice. Then it all comes down and destroy the ship. I was thinking we were going to get something like (Giant) Axe like in Romance Dawn (depending if you know the manga or the anime special) but this is good too. It does the job in the end and that is all that matters.

Found the part were Brook was trying to catch Luffy a bit pointless. I was thinking that he was going to miss on catching Luffy and then Boss was going to go down in the water to save Luffy but that didn't seem to happen. Guess that is good since it is proving that One Piece isn't getting predictable too much. haha


OH! I like this as Little Cocoyashi Village! This is perfect! Just perfect! The tangerines really show that this is Cocoyashi! Props to the guys who came up with this idea. I just love it! It really made me love this moment. Then the sunset in the distance really was the icing on the cake. Nice. Very nice.


Aww. Very cute. A daughter and father together.

Though man. Good dad there. Making your daughter think that it is all her that needs to be taking care of a village. Giving the job of a man to a little girl. No wonder she is obsessed with protecting this village! Those are freakin huge shoes to fill! I mean touching kind of but just a really bad thing to do. Sigh...Way to go dude. dad of the year right there. haha

This part of Yoko's backstory isn't the same as Nami but the thing is that both parents died protecting the one they love. Bellemere didn't left Nami with the task to protect Cocoyashi Village but her death left a lasting impression on Nami. So both girls have this going for them.


NOW THIS ARC IS COMPLETE!

This is exactly what I wanted and more! We got a Nami childhood flashback and a flash back the beginning of the March to Arlong Park! Really nice! I just love it! Love it love it! Young Nami is so cute to see and it brings back so many memories of young One Piece. Back in the day before these long and complicated story arcs. Still this was a very nice thing to see. I didn't expect to see this and glad that we got to see it again. Thank you so much Toei. Thank you.

One thing that gets me though. Is Arlong wearing eyeliner? The area around his eyes seem to have a very think black outline to them. haha I am guessing that Nami's memories are a bit fuzzy? Or maybe Arlong has always worn eyeliner and we haven't notice till now. Amazing what HD can reveal. haha


And thus the fight between Boss and Luffy ends with a tie. Meh. I didn't really care about this part too much. Strange since all these things that happen in the last few episode was because Luffy chased down this beetle. haha It just felt really meh to me. I could have gone without knowing if Luffy had this match. I was kind of thinking that the Amigo Pirates would have captured Boss and then Movie 10 would start off with Luffy and crew going after the Amigo Pirates. Maybe it be better if Boss wasn't captured but we see the Amigo Pirates trying to get away and then the Strawhats would follow. Then after some small fighting Luffy and crew defeats the pirates and find out that the East Blue is in trouble. Then when the credit moves in Movie 10 we can seen an image of Boss being okay back at Little East Blue. Just a thought but I guess that won't happen.


And it seems like it is bra connected to a see though top! Thus ends our ongoing investigation!

Sorry...I couldn't end this blog on this arc without finishing off this stupid thing. Though this is a very bad image to use for this but oh well. Can't complain.


Thus everything has ended. Our heroes are now sailing off into the sunset. The bad guys are captured and caged. Though it does at least tell us what happen to the cage that Franky made for Boss. Nice to see it got some good use. Also Little East Blue really fix itself pretty fast. The cook dude got his restaurant fixed or maybe we just thought it got blown up. Same different. It was just nice to see he is okay. The windmill is fixed and all is well.

Got to say that this was a good filler arc. Not  the best of them all but good overall. They did what they could with four episodes that would tie in with the movie. It has some funny and it had its fighting. Got slow a bit around the third episode but the flashbacks really made everything felt nice and warm. It felt really nice to just take a look at the East Blue saga since right now we (Americans) got done with it in the DVD release kind of a few months ago.


So our heroes sail off into the...sun...set...? WHAT?

I so didn't expect to see. I mean I knew these were to tie in to the movie but I didn't know we will get a full appearance of Shiki and his men. I was literally blown out of my mind here. The carpet was pulled from under my feet and I fell down. This helped give me some idea of what will happen in the movie but also just made me wonder what the heck is going to happen. Is that even possible? Well I don't care if it isn't but this was nice. I am so looking forward for this movie to come out in American and where else.

Preview

Looks like next week we are going back to the storyline with Luffy, Buggy and Mr. Three being chase. I have no idea what will be happening but let see. Till next week we will know more or at least I will.

Movie 10 Information

I don't think any new information was told here in this run. I mean it seems to be telling stuff as in Volume 0 is going to be given out if you go to the movie. That is nice but we know that already. Also anime viewers got to listen to Mr. Children which is a treat. Also we got this cool thing here from Shiki. Very nice. Is he making the snow fly with his flying Devil Fruit abilities to form a lion of snow? Maybe. Who knows.



That image of Usopp is the coolest! I am loving it! He looks so bada** there! It really looks like he is about to do something awesome and important there! I really hope he does something awesome and important in the movie! That would make my day! Just plain awesome right there!


Now time to something that is kind of not Movie 10 related but is.

Remember my good buddies at the One Piece Podcast? Well this week they are doing a huge thing to kick Movie 10 that will be out this coming weekend! They are going to release an episode of their podcast everyday this week or almost everyday! Go listen to them and stuff. Still what I want to tell you guys is to get a Twitter account!

A bit extreme I guess but let me explain. This is all for One Piece. Starting on Friday will kick off One Piece weekend! So I am going to need all you guys to add #OnePiece to all your tweets! The goal is to make One Piece a Trending Topic on Twitter. Also while you there look up One Piece Podcast and MikeyDPirate and follow us. Then tweet away #OnePiece all you want this coming weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment