Thursday, December 10, 2009

One Piece More: Its MOVIETIME!


It is movie time! Get the popcorn out and your x-large drink ready and sit your butt in those comfortable movie theater with the sticky floors because Movie 10: Strong World will be coming out! Toei has been pushing this sucker for all they can with movie tie-in episodes for the anime, awesome trailers, manga volume with roots to the movie, endless color spreads! I mean this movie is going to be huge!

So this post is mostly for Movie 10. At least I am doing this for Movie 10! Just trying to do something since this is Movie 10 and all.




Movie 10: Strong World!
Well if you haven't been hearing, there is a One Piece movie coming out soon. Really soon! Like this Friday! Going to be big too! Oda has a hand in this movie with it not only having the villain being somebody that was mention (and is kind of) in the manga but as in help writing the movie! People all over the place are asking if this movie is canon and such since it sounds so great!

Still one thing that we know is that this movie is going to be AWESOME! That is right. Awesome in all caps. From what we seen from the trailers and all the Movie Information stuff in the previews, the animation looks great, the story looks fresh, and  the StrawHats look awesome. Them in suits? Beyond my mind! Them holding huge guns? Wow. Just wow.

Surely these guys wanted to celebrate the anime's 10 year anniversary with a bang! Literally. I mean I found it kind of strange that the movie for this year was a retelling of the Drum Island Arc but though it was fitting. The change it up a bit to allow Franky and Robin to be in it. So that was cool. Still when I heard about another One Piece movie being made for release in December that had an original story from Oda then I knew this was going to be good!


So what are the fans expecting from the new One Piece movie, Strong World? Well lets see! I went to the One Piece Podcast and Twitter to get some feed back to this question:

What are you expecting from the new One Piece Movie 10: Strong World?
Exciting visuals, a not too deep but interesting story, and lots of a**kicking
-PwnGoatJunkie
Oh yes. I am sure we are getting two of those three things for sure. I am going to bet all three of those things since this is One Piece after all.
Since Oda wrote it, I expect a much more memorable and endearing story. Many of the movies have been okay, but none have really managed to achieve the same feel and greatness that the series does so often.
-Seraphu
Strong words there. Strong words there. I think you are so right there. I mean the One Piece movies have always been good. Well a good amount of them like Movie 4 but not even that one or others have had such an endearing story to them. I am so hoping you are right there Seraphu.
I am hoping that we get some funny scenes. And some action. But mainly funny
-DragonPiece
 That there is a given there! When you think of One Piece. You think of funny and action all in one bowl and stir together to get a big steamy pile of awesome. So cheers to that!


I have a stick for a torso!

A lot of expectations for this movie. Still what am I expecting? Great fight scenes! Awesome moments! Great Second Gear in use! Usopp just doing something that will be just jawdropping! All the StrawHats in the suits as they challenge Shiki. Did I say great fight scenes? Well I say it again. Great fight scenes. I am just going to agree what DragonPiece, Seraphu, and PwnGoatJunkie said. I mean I don't think it would be super funny but there will be some funny moments there. Oda has never failed us in bring the funny but I am thinking this will be a serious movie. Something that will leave people going wow as they get out of their seats.

Also lastly, for this movie to be released by Funimation in the upcoming year. Now that would be awesome. haha


Bleach Movie 2: Diamond Dust Rebellion
So this pass weekend, Adult Swim played the second Bleach movie, Diamond Dust Rebellion. Got to say it was pretty good. Had some good action scenes and good moments. When I think about it, Diamond Dust Rebellion reminds me a very long episode of Bleach. Made me hate the head captain. Ichigo got beat then brought back into the battle. Ichigo human friends got the short end of the stick in screen time. Awesome 70's-ish music. Ichigo goes in and saves the day. So just like an regular episode of Bleach.

Which isn't a bad thing really. I mean I love all of Ichigo's human friends and am  glad they got some screentime since they got like nothing in the first movie. Just seeing Chad and Uryu fighting made me feel happy and  was glad to see they were going to fight those visor looking chicks. I was thinking we would see them finish them off but got sad when they ran back to the Soul Society. That sucks. I was actually thinking that we get to see them kick some but. It seems like the only way that can happen in Bleach is if a person has a sword. haha Still it was  a good movie. Worth seeing it twice since I missed a lot of things the first time around since I was doing something else at the time.

Also did I mention that I love the 70's-ish music they have? The one where the ladies go yelling and singing.  That is awesome to hear. haha


The Princess and the Frog
Is this my first non-anime image in this blog? I don't remember. Oh well, if so then congrats Disney for doing this! haha

Well to keep up the theme of movies, I am going to be talking about another movie! YAY! This coming Friday, my friends and I are going to the movies to see The Princess and the Frog. Why you ask? Because it is the return of 2D animation for Disney and we want to support it! I have no idea if the movie is  going to be good or something but I just want to got there and buy a ticket so I can support this. I want Disney to go back to the roots of 2D animation and good stories. I mean do you realize that the upcoming generation of kids may not get the chance to know how good 2D animation is? I have a little brother and he likes some of those 3D movies like Up and Ice Age which is good. Well not Ice Age but still those movies are ok. It just that it be nice if he saw some good movies that us old people watch like Aladdin and such. Speaking of which, was suppose to do a Disney princess movie marathon but didn't do that. I guess that is a good thing since we are all chugging though finals and preparation so there is no time for that right now. haha

The movie looks good. I mean I have no idea what is going on and why there is a witch doctor but I am sure that Disney will explain it. Maybe. Not sure. Just going to see it. I hope it is good. That is all I am saying.

Overall, I am just going to go and support this. If  this is a bad movie. Oh well. If it is a good movie then awesome for me! Yay! haha I am going for a good movie and I suggest anybody who likes Disney to go and see this movie.


Blog Rollin
Just wanted to let you guys know that Araknamedia is now part of the One Piece at a Time Blog  Rollin. Sailor Samus has been cool enough to add my blog to her (I think she is a she. Geektress means she right?). So I thought it be fair enough to add her to the Blog Rollin here since she has a lot of cool stuff. I enjoyed reading some of her latest post since it has interesting pictures. I am looking forward to what Sailor Samus has to say and I just want you guys to do the same. So just head over to the Blog Rollin thing on the sidebar or click here to give Araknamedia a look at.


I need Luffy's energy and optimistic right now. Finals is dragging me down with  reports and junk but oh well. Just have to wait one more week and I will be done for the semester! So come on! If all goes well then I will have a manga post and my report for my class be done which means awesome! So that is nice for me!

Also don't forget all you people on Twitter (or who will get a Twitter account soon before Friday) that this weekend is One Piece Weekend! Add #OnePiece to all your tweets this weekend to make One Piece a Trending Topic! Only you can make One Piece a Trending Topic!

So guys. See you guys tomorrow. Manga is due out in the next twelve or so hours and I have a report to look forward to finishing. So till then later!

2 comments: