Friday, December 11, 2009

Manga: Chapter 567 (SPOILERS!)

SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!


I think the above image fits this chapter very nicely. I mean that is basically all that happen. A lot of fighting in random directions happen and Luffy being beat around a few times. I mean it was a good chapter and all and was action packed but it felt like nothing happen. Just left off right where we were last week except has been taken out of action for a bit. We got no Garp kicking heavy butt, no Sengoku slapping people around nor did we get PwnGoat riding into battle on top of Sengoku. All those awesome things we were thinking about last week didn't happen this week. I know it is good that something as awesome as One Piece isn't predictable but kind of  sad that these things didn't happen this week.

Still as said, it was a good episode. It made emotion pop out of me so the chapter was good. Just going for something cool for next week. haha

So we are walking. Walking. Walking and we see on our left is a wonderful colorspread! Look how awesome it is! I have to  say I really enjoyed it. Battle Fruit Nine! Then there on the TV is Nami doing a very nice high kick. haha Certain parts of her on the TV screen really do well built for a superhere. haha

Also just notice but that bad guy that Nami is kicking looks like Colt (The dude with the guns) from the recent filler Arc (Little East Blue). Looks like he has a mask on. Still maybe that is just me.

Also, Brook is either very drunk and can't focus or is trying to peak under Nami's little skirt for something....I am going with the first one. haha

So a lot of fighting happen. I mean a good amount of this chapter was fighting and fighting with different people. We first get Whitebeard with Aokiji. Good moments there. We get Aokiji freezing Whitebeard and then Whitebeard goes all quaky on us and go around busting Aokiji but nothing happens. Kind of sad because this looks like it is going to happen around in this chapter. Whitebeard does some fighting but nothing happens. It seems like Whitebeard may have some Haki.judging by what one of those guys in the battlefield said. Maybe that could explain that super swipe attack that Whitebeard pulled off in the last chapter. I don't really care what Whitebeard can do beyond QuakePunch because nothing is as awesome as QuakePunch. After that Joz comes along and take care of the fight for Whitebeard telling him to move on while he takes care of Aokiji. Still I am feeling we may not get to see how this fight plays out anytime soon or at all seeing how the other fights have gone recently. It was good while it lasted though. haha

Then poor Luffy! Getting beat all over the place! I mean Momonga comes at Luffy like crazy and cuts him. Then some  guy that I thought was Garp goes up and attacks Luffy. That guy surprise me because I thought he was Garp because of the hat he wore. Still turns out that he is wearing a black suit while Garp wears a white one. My mistake. I mean Luffy even went Second Gear to avoid it but didn't have enough time to move afterwards.

Sucks though because I am thinking that Second Gear is beginning to get weaker with each use now. It kind of failed him here when he used it and Luffy got shot down. Boy did that hurt to watch! I love Second Gear and was hoping that Luffy will be able to get away but right on the moment he uses it. PUNCH IN THE GUT! Ouch! And the guy didn't take it so well either.

THEN OUT OF NOWHERE! THAT DAMN HOE BAG KIZARU COMES OUT OF NOWHERE AND SHOOTS LUFFY WHEN HE IS DOWN!

I can say hoe bag right? That isn't too bad is it? It isn't consider swearing right?

Well that damn Kizaru. I mean how honorable is that? Shooting a beam of light out of nowhere when the guy is just braying trying to stand up! My hate for Kizaru is growing more and more each time I see that guy isn't it? That got the most emotion out of me. I mean at least when Luffy face Kizaru and the other two admirals a few chapters ago, Luffy had the guts to stand before them. Still Kizaru just shoots a laser from afar and talks. What a loser.
It's going to take more then bravery and tenancy, StrawHat Luffy... You lack the proper tools...Sheer guts alone won't be enough to save him.
-Kizaru
 Got to say that Kizaru has a good point. Guts alone won't save Ace but I have to disagree on not having the right tools. I think Luffy does have the right tools. As Mihawk said before, Luffy has the ability to gather people around him and that next scene where Whitebeard catches Luffy after KIZARU ONCE AGAIN KICKS LUFFY WHEN HE IS DOWN (damn dirty loser d-bag) is proof right there that Luffy has the right tools. There are people around Luffy who are willing to do whatever they need to help him at his disposal. Jinbei, Ivankov, Whitebeard and the rest of the Whitebeard crew are all there behind him. If Whitebeard is willing to catch Luffy and put faith in him then that means something.


That scene really got me. If it wasn't for that scar then I wouldn't know who that person was. If you can't tell, that is Luffy right there. Luffy right before Kizaru did that dirty kick to Luffy when he was down. I don't think I seen Luffy in so much pain before. Then again I never seen fully the Enies Lobby arc so maybe there is that i am missing. Seen the whole Lucci fight but that is about it. Then seeing the blank stare on Luffy's face as Whitebeard is holding him. Wow. Just scary. I want to say that Luffy is out of the battle but also I want to say that the kid still got more in him. Just that right now it looks really hard to believe either one of those things.

Wow....Iva has a huge head! Damn! At least got Luffy up so maybe I can believe that Luffy will be up and going soon. Whitebeard I think has the best doctors since I am sure they made sure that he will be up for a long time to see Ace up on the gallows so that means they can do miracles with Luffy. I would like to believe that.
I said move it! Ace...Ace is the only brother I've got in this world!!
-Luffy
That is brother lover right there! Willing to go the distance for your own brother that isn't really your brother. Got to say impressive there Luffy. Keep me believing that you will be up soon because I want to believe it! You can do it! Do it for Ace! Do it! Get up and fight proudly! Screw what Whitebeard and the loser Kizaru says! You can do it! Show them all up and do what you do best! Being awesome!

QUAKEPUNCH!

And that is the sign that Whitebeard is in an awesome fight! This time with Akainu. Seems like the stuff with Kizaru just got pushed aside for a fight with Akainu. So what happen to Kizaru? Does that mean that Jinbei will fight him since Jinbei just said he is willing to lose his life here at this fight now? I hope so kind of. I mean I am thinking that the loser Kizaru is enjoying kicking around Luffy a bit too much for this own good.

Do you know what will be funny? If Luffy ends up  defeating Kizaru. Hopefully here. Hopefully soon because that loser is asking for a beating. I am just saying. Perfect revenge here.

Then we get more fighting. Random fighting. Mihawk. Something that looks like the ball on chain  from Mario Kart. Loser Kizaru. Then....

MARCO DOES SOMETHING! AGAIN!

Not protecting Luffy as he was told to or should but he does something...Be nice if he did though to shut Kizaru up. Still he does something! Marco was actually going for the platform to save Ace! Only to get hit by Garp. What a shame. We finally get one thing we  wanted which was a good decent rescue attempt to save Ace and Marco actually doing something useful only to have both fail! Sigh...We had so much faith in you Marco. So much.

Then we get back to where we were last chapter with Garp and Sengoku saying something about getting into the battle. Kind of sad but oh well. Garp is showing that he isn't going to get out of that nice chair of his unless it is to knock some snot nose punks down and away from Ace. Nice. At least he is true to what he says. All I want is Sengoku to ride into battle on PwnGoat or PwnGoat ride into battle on Sengoku. Is that too much to ask for? Oh well.

So this post seem to be full of hate for the chapter? I am sorry if it sounds like that. Maybe it is the stress that I had this week because of finals or maybe I set my expectations too high only to be disappointed. Maybe it was both. Still don't get me wrong. Good chapter. Very good just that I was expecting too much again. This random fight jumping isn't my kind of thing when it comes to the same person doing the fight jumping. It hurt to see Luffy so pounded on like he was for this chapter so I am hoping he will be back and bouncing soon. As of Kizaru, I want to see those glasses of his crack as his ugly mug gets punch. That is all I am asking for. So Santa? You hear that? Please let Luffy get back up and bouncing soon and let Kizaru get punch in the face so his glasses can get crack? That is all I am asking for. Please? Sincerely Mikey-san.

haha So maybe next week I will get my Christmas wishes? haha Maybe. I can dream right? Still I am going for some good stuff next week. So to my Christmas wishes! I mean for new One Piece next week! Yay!

2 comments: