Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Anime: Impel Down Arc- Episode 445

OnePieceOfficial.com, the best place to watch One Piece in the US!

First Thoughts
This episode draws some mix feeling from me. I liked it because it was funny but the whole scene jumping really just made me not like this episode. The moments in this episode were really nice but it felt like we went nowhere really. Just stayed in one place and not moved at all. That isn't a bad thing but stand this episode next to the last few weeks and the episode looks bad compare to them. Those episodes felt like we were moving in a certain direction and it is kind of sad that we didn't keep that momentum.

Then I also felt that this episode as mistitled. I know that the episode title should mean much but it be nice if reference in the title had to do more with the episode then just less then something that only took less then five minutes in the episodes where nothing really happen.

Summary
Luffy, Jinbei and Crocodile defeats three of the Demon Guards.

Prisoners on Level 2 and Mr. 3 are impressed by Buggy's actions and ideas.

Shiryuu encounters Blackbeard and crew.

Hannyabal arrives to Level 4 as Ivankov and SadiChan battle against each other.

Thoughts
 Come with me if you want to live!

That first image there with Ivankov is only there because I just found it funny that all we see is his head in that scene. haha You just see nothing else as there is a whole bunch of people there under his head.

So our descent (or is it more like ascent?) though Impel Down continues as we see that Luffy and the others fight though Level 4. It doesn't seem like the guys have that much trouble really. I mean the NewKama army is having no trouble releasing prisoners as they go. Heck, we are even told that they broke into the jailer's office on that level to steal the keys. You think the jailers of Impel Down would have some sort of plan to handle large mass riots but I guess not.

I really hope that none of the jailers here are like Hannyabal and wish to become warden or any other high position job here. Still really? Who in Impel Down is competent in their job? I can only count four? So only four people in a huge prison can do their job? That is amazing. haha

Also, apparently the jailers are not very brave if they are hoping that the blugoris will take care of all of their problems. Doesn't look like it as we saw that Ivankov just blew these guys away with the flirting of his eyelashes. haha Well that is awesome.

Really? What can the normal jailers do? So far the only time we seen them be successful at anything was the whole trap they pulled off in Level 3 under Saldeath.

And here comes the big scary beast and Mmmmmm~! SadiChan.

So the final hope of the jailers are in SadiChan and her Demon Guards. I am fine with that if they actually did more then being punching bags for Luffy and the rest of the people with him. haha Really those guys haven't done much of anything except let Luffy and them beat the heck out of them. Are they really trying though? I can expect that things will be a bit different in the future of Impel Down. haha

Seeing these guys were giving me flashbacks to that one group back in Alabasta that challenge Crocodile. The idiots that drank that stuff that could kill them. I can't find that group names but I found them pointless and the same too with this group here. The only difference is that these guys are kind of disturbing me and that they are filler from what I am feeling and told. Okama Six? Umm...yeah.

Yeah. Seeing Crocodile's face as he watch them fight the Demon Guards kind of mirrored what I was thinking. Seem like they were just there to pass the time and nothing else. I was kind of hoping they would do something and I admit that I was hoping they would do something with their impressive thing but no alas.

Now this is more like it! The awesome has arrive! I swear that Luffy, Jinbei and Crocodile have been kicking the most butt so far in the second half of Impel Down then anybody else. They been taking names and looking cool all at the same time.

Also I love that I can call the attacks that Croc does before he even announce them. I knew he was going to use Sables before he even said it and that is considering that I haven't even read the chapters that this episode is based on.

This was one of the good moments of this episode that was worth seeing.

You are all idiots. haha

I really loved this part of the episode. I was laughing for most of the things involving Buggy, Mr. 3 and these prisoners. It was mostly comic relief and time wasting but really it was just really good funny stuff and Buggy was still looking awesome. These guys are just eating out of Buggy's hand as he makes these lucky guesses.

Nice use of flashback. I mean it was something that was in the last ten or so episodes but it was a good flashback. Not something where nothing happen.

Then we get the epic looking scene where it turned out to be funny. I so wanted Buggy to be able to break though the poison but I guess it wasn't meant to be or something. The clown tried and failed. haha

You are all idiots. 

haha I really wonder if that hole in Buggy's pants is going to stay there for the rest of the arc or will it disappear. I mean it is hole in his pants so it be kind of annoying to draw in every time right? I guess we are going have to watch for that in the next couple of episodes unless Buggy change pants in between or something. I hope this won't be the last of these antics we get between Buggy and his band of prisoners. haha

Chibis!

Poor some of the people in Blackbeard's crew. They get sad chibi faces. That isn't nice. haha You guys need to be happy since you are chibi! Happy chibis you guys be!

I have been pouring crud all over the jailers of Impel Down in this post haven't I? I mean really, I think that half of the stuff I am saying in this post is just me complaining about how bad they are. Still here is more where they can't even hit two guys that are just walking? I mean one of them is riding on a horse that is sick for goodness sakes! How hard of a target is that to hit?

The guards that got attack by Burgess and Auger kind of are good I guess....I mean they did try to attack and lost honorable I guess. Still Auger looked cool in his attacks. I mean his bullets went right though two the bullets shot at him then melted the guns. That is skill there. Then the guy looked cool in the process.

Then we get to maybe what I think was the overrated part of the episode. I mean it is cool since we know that something cool happen here and what we saw later in the episode but was it really worth having it in the title? I think I would have prefer something like "More Havoc in Impel Down! The Forces of Impel Down Strikes Back!". I mean that would have been a good episode title for something that seems like all it did was kill time. It was cool to see what some members of Blackbeard crew can do but really all we saw of Blackbeard and Shiryuu was them talking. There has to be some sort of set up for later on but really bad episode title.
Disturbing much?

I think I could have gone without this. I really can't wait to pick up Shonen Jump to see if this was actually in the manga or not. I am not sure Magellan would appreciate Hannyabal painting his face on to his stomach. It is kind of not right....To tell the truth I think that the jailers with Hannyabal were disturbed by this too. I guess Hannyabal must be some sort of genius since he may have done this to motivate them to get to Level 4 faster.

Or maybe I am giving the guy too much credit. Yes...Way too much credit.

 See! If they wanted to waste time, do an animation scene with Ivankov going from male to female like you did whenever he injected men with the estrogen hormones. That would have been enjoyable to watch and kill time. None of this (disturbing) Hannyabal belly dancing. haha

Still Ivankov looks good for a chick. I really wish we could see how he made such a change from a broad man to a very thin (and sexy) chick here.
"Ivan-sama! Stop mourning! I'm not dead yet!"
-NewKama Army Solider
haha Well you are not dead yet! Just wait a bit and you will soon!

I guess premourning comes when you are a girl. I wouldn't know but I guess it is just part of that womanly charm.

Still Ivankov is still freakin tall! I mean I thought she would be normal size once a girl but really Ivankov is just as tall as when she was a guy. SadiChan was tallish to begin with but seeing that Ivankov is taller then her is kind of scary. I wonder how she will look like once she inject herself with the face hormones. haha

And the meaning of fail himself has arrive!

So the episode ends here. We finally see what that wrapped package that Hannybal was carrying which turns out to be a staff with blades. That is cool. Still sucks that the episode ended here. I want to take Hannybal serious but really everytime we do take him serious. The guy just brings himself down. Sigh....

Well this episode had it's funny moment but compare it to the last few episodes, it doesn't hold a candle to them. I hope we don't go back to the lackluster episodes we were getting before. I kind of thing those were better compare to this one. This episode wasn't bad since it was funny but it wasn't as good as the last few which were awesome. Still I hope we get back to the awesome.

Preview
Judging by the preview, it seems to be all about Hannyabal and Luffy fighting. Really? Umm...okay. I guess I finally get to see the skill that Hannybal use to take down both Mr. 3 and Buggy. Still it seems like all of this episode could be seen in the preview. I mean we see that Hannybal's blade thing can be all fiery. Luffy goes Second gear. Heck, we even see what happens to Hannybal later in the fight.

Yeah...Hannybal doesn't look too good there. The guy got a beating alright. Still good thing we see One Piece because of the the journey and not the final destination. haha

Also I think there is more to this episode then what we are being shown because I sure hope so! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment