Thursday, April 22, 2010

Manga: Chapter 582 (SPOILERS!)

SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!
Buy your One Piece at Viz! No tears needed.

So the tears finally fall. The sleeping giant has finally been awaken. What we expected weeks ago has finally come. It may have been a long wait and we all were expecting something like this to happen eventually. Some of us may have wanted this sooner but we finally are getting our answer.

Luffy has awaken and the guy is taking Ace's death at full blast. All the feelings and emotions that normal people would have gotten are hitting Luffy all at one time. The kid is really taking this pretty hard. Still it was so hard that the guy was out of commission for two whole weeks. Well for all those people who were saying it, we got our time skip! Two weeks! Woot! Time skip! I kind of called it but it isn't really that important right now.

Still as said before, the kid really is taking Ace's death pretty hard. Just seeing things that he remember from Ace's death is hurting Luffy. They are all signs of what he saw. Ace's dying body in his arms and Ace's blood on his hand. Luffy is truly traumatize from the experience. He really doesn't want to believe that what he saw was true. Heck, the guy is wondering if it was all a dream since he back where he was. On the island of women in the middle of the jungle. I am surprised and not surprise at the same time that he is thinking that what just happen two weeks ago was all a dream. A huge thing just happen, Luffy lost his brother. Kind of unbelievable that the one guy that you couldn't beat was just killed before your eyes and in your arms.

I really think we are in the middle of seeing Luffy growing. Not just as a character but physically too. I was looking at the panel where we see Luffy asking himself if it was all a dream and he looks a bit different. Maybe it was the angle of the camera but Luffy was giving off the impression that he has grown taller in those two weeks. Maybe he hasn't but Luffy kind of looks and feels like Coby when we saw him again at Water Seven. We may not see it much in the face but the rest of this body looks as if it has grown a little.

I am not sure how his character would be effected by this but I think we are heading down a path where we will see Luffy grow a bit. Piece by piece which may stop at the end of this story in the 'New Era'.
"Thing there's any female bears?"
-Bepo
haha A bit of a break from the serious stuff here. I actually laughed a bit here when Bepo said that. haha One of my favorite parts of this chapter really but then again it was maybe one of the only funny parts of it. I am sorry but I just need a bit of comedy in my step.

This chapter has a much more different tone then the last chapter. You can feel it as you got more focus on Luffy and more away from the world. The world is suffering a bit and going though some changes. The War at Marineford has re-sparked the Great Age of Pirates as more are heading to The Grand Line and the Marines seem to be a bit spread thin. Another effect of maybe the Marines not thinking this all whole war with Whitebeard though as in after effects.

Wait...wasn't I suppose to be getting out of the serious stuff for a little bit? Well I did for a little bit...Hmm...I let Bepo speak for me.
haha...Yeah...Sorry. haha

Still seems like Jinbei is keeping his promise in watching over Luffy. Even though the fighting is over, he is still watching over Luffy and trying his best to help him. Even if that means helping Luffy realize that Ace is gone. The guy just straight out told him that Ace is dead. Luffy was trying to tell himself that what he saw wasn't real. That it was all a dream but Jinbei came and calmly told him that it was all real. That the cold hard fact is that Ace was gone.

Luffy knew this whole time but he didn't want to let it click. Doing all he could but in the end he just saw it happen and Jinbei just confirmed it. Maybe Jinbei was Luffy's last chance in hoping it was all a dream. That maybe Jinbei would say, "What you talking about? Ace is alive." but that didn't happen.

I can see how this could play out in the anime. We would see Luffy tearing up the trees. Going crazy as blood is dripping. Then we would hear Jinbei coming. The clanging of his wooden shoes on the ground as he walks towards Luffy.  We hear Luffy's words and lastly Jinbei just says what he said in his stern voice.

Lastly we see what ends this chapter. A flashback to Luffy's past. I think we all know what will happen here now. We will see how Luffy and Ace first met and what lead them to be 'brothers'.

Still it be an interesting trip. I mean Ace himself looks piss off and angry. Full of rage and junk. Then Luffy himself seems a bit annoyed but then again I think anybody would be if they were dragged over by the cheek.

Also we finally see who Dadan is, which was a person that Ace mention before he died. Apparently she is the kid's foster mom. I guess Luffy is an orphan or something. haha It makes me wonder about all this family when it comes to the Will of D. Are they just people who get together and say, "You my son! Be happy!" and thats it. Just something I been wondering about but I am still for Luffy, Dragon and Grap all being related by blood. Much more cooler that way.

I don't want to say I am predicting what will happen but I do see us having all the flashbacks that we saw of Luffy and Ace being tied together in this long flashback. The whole thing of Luffy and Ace drinking from the same cup, the thing at the beach and the others we saw. I am really wondering what pushed the whole thing to make Luffy and Ace brothers so it be a fun ride.

So that was this week's chapter. It was really something. Luffy is finally awake and we see how he is taking the whole thing. Though the wind on the internet is telling me we won't be seeing the next part of this flashback till the first week of May since next week is Golden Week in Japan. That may explain why this chapter was twenty pages and the colorspread we got. Kind of Oda's early present to all the kids in Japan who celebrate Golden Week. Nice for them because next Wednesday I have to deal with two presentations, revising an essay and a major exam. Yay me and my Golden Week! haha

Still I am going to do a blog post like I always do when the manga takes a week off. This time I will feature predictions but they won't be mines! What I am going to do is post your guys predictions! What you think will happen in the next few weeks! What you think will happen in the next twenty chapters. It doesn't have to be predictions for the next chapter. It could be how the StrawHats will get back together or something. Still leae the predictions in the comment section or send them to onepieceatatimeblog (at) gmail (dot) com.

So let see what happens as we go further in the story with a flashback! After a week break! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment