Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Anime: Impel Down Arc- Episode 446

Jet over to OnePieceOfficial.com to watch your One Piece if you are in the United States!

First Thoughts
How am I suppose to do this post without making fun or hating on Hannyabal (too much) yet also talk about him with respect. I mean the guy really did tried and if this was Luffy I would be praising him. Then again this is Hannyabal and he hasn't shown to be dependable at most times throughout this arc. So I am mixed on which angle to do this post. Decisions decisions.

Then again maybe I should choose a different image to use for the opener. I mean clearly there is a bias going on here. Hannyabal being punch in the face by Luffy? I mean the episode has Hannyabal name in it so that has to mean something right? Then again there was last week's episode and we all saw that the title didn't have much to do with what actually happen.


Summary
Luffy and Hannyabal fight in Level 4.

Blackbeard gets rid of the poison wall made by Magellan on Level 2. Prisoners think that Buggy did it.

Magellan arrives on Level 4 and is currently trying to make it to the location where Luffy and the gang of prisoners are. Blackbeard interrupts the fight between Luffy and Hannyabal.

Thoughts
So Hannyabal finally made it to Level 4 after so many episodes getting here! He also brought friends with him too! Friends with really big guns that can shoot nets at people! Then Hannyabal got his halberd which means that the guy means business. I just find it very sad that the jailers don't believe it is Hannyabal even though they see him with all of the other jailers behind him. Either these guys have no faith (like I do) in Hannyabal or they just know that Hannybal doesn't get serious at all. That is the only explanation as in why they won't take Hannyabal serious because I really went into this episode wondering what to expect.

Really how was I suppose to react when I heard the title saying, "Serious Hannyabal"? Believe it and expect to see Hannyabal being serious? When he had so many times in the past to be serious? Right...Surely you mean some other Hannyabal. Still it looks like the guy was trying to be serious and he sure sounded like he was. I mean his blades are on fire so that must mean he is serious! Hannyabal is flaming! (Bad joke!)

I will still underestimate you

So after all of that fancy spinning and such, you got a hair off of Luffy. You may not notice it but when you see Luffy jumping back after blocking the halberd with his wrist. A piece of black can be seen coming from Luffy's head that looks like hair. So congrats Hannyabal! You cut off a piece of Luffy's hair after all that fancy spinning. Still I will not underestimate you because I am already doing that!

I have to say if this was somebody else who prove that they are capable to be taken serious then I would treat this fight with respect like I did with Magellan and Moria. Still Hannyabal hasn't done that. I love fire and all but even cool spinning moves with flames isn't enough to win me over.

This is just here to be fair and show some cool Hannyabal stuff

The guy is good at getting his people all rally up. All the jailers (that haven't been beaten up by the NewKamas) seem all excited to see Hannyabal to fight. Though I was with  Luffy and was wondering what  was going on. I think Luffy has the right to be puzzled since just out of nowhere this guy appears before you that you never seen before to fight you. The only reason he has to fight Hannyabal is because the guy won't let him go down the stairs. Well that has been the story of this arc for Luffy. All the kid wants to do is go see his brother and nobody is letting him do that.

If Hannyabal was a bit faster and could maybe cut Luffy up a bit then this would have been a much more interesting fight. Clearly not one of the best fights in this arc. We do get some interesting information/views later on from Hannyabal but nothing to party about right now.

Now things get interesting. If Hannyabal becomes flaming when he gets serious then Luffy gets steamy when he gets serious. All cool steamy too. haha

Luffy must be pissed if he is just hitting Hannyabal in the face. It like he want Hannyabal to go down and not be much capable to do his job anymore then he does already. haha It surely doesn't look too good for the guy too since well...he took a Jet Gatling to the face. I don't think anybody's face would be good after that. Well also it seems like Hannyabal fell to the ground after that attack and wasn't getting up after that. So maybe that is a good sign that he wasn't doing too good too.

You know...I am doing another blog about how females are being portray in animes...*HINT HINT!*

RANDOM FLASHBACK!

Magellan looks good in green kind of. I mean he almost looks the same compare to day except back then he was wearing khaki. Still I like how Hannyabal looks like back then since we don't have to see his belly. haha The more clothes on Hannyabal the better I think.

Oh my! Ms. Olive! You know....I could say a lot about how you are dressed and how you are portraying women very badly. Huge boobs! Skippy outfit! Oh my gosh! Where do I start? You yourself miss are taking back the Women's Rights Movement back at least half a century! I mean I am glad that you prove that Hannyabal has been like this for about twenty years but...really? Is it possible for you to wear even less clothing? Heck...why do you need to be stripped search again?
"Oh shut up Mikey! You know you reply the moment Ms.Olive appeared like five times before you moved on!"
-Mikey-san's inner voice
Hey! You don't need to tell them that! Whatever...moving on!

At least we know that girls are also in Impel Down. I just wonder where they are at.

Still it seems like something that Magellan said is something that has been with Hannyabal for many years. The big guy has a point too. If one person screws up, the whole prison is at risk. I think that is something that could be said here in this arc seeing that Luffy has made it this far.

That is a lot of screencaps. Sorry for people who have to load this up on slow internet connections. It just that these moments were too cool to not share.

I like how we saw Crocodile twice in these moments. During the screenshot where you see the NewKamas fighting against the newly inspired jailers, you can see Croc standing high above them on some sort of raised platform. Then next you see Crocodile's face as he looks down on everybody while he is doing nothing but smoking a cigar. haha Nice.

Other parts I liked was that moment where you see Ivankov fighting against SadiChan, Mr. 1 just spinning like a blender and Luffy going Second Gear. I kind of laughed when Luffy went Second Gear because so much steam came out of him. I don't think that much steam was usually comes out when he goes Second Gear but it was a nice show.

BRAINS~

Yeah...If you are asking Luffy for brains then surely you are mess up in the head. haha

Still I was right...Hannyabal sure doesn't look pretty after taking so many hits in the head. The guy looks like he is about to pass out too.

Which brings me to a point I want to bring out. Luffy has clearly been pushed to his limit in fights before. Let we don't really care since we feel like Luffy is able to overcome it. Then there is Hannyabal who keeps getting up after every punch yet I want him to stop. Am I channeling Luffy's annoyance and want to see Hannyabal stay down or do I just hate Hannyabal. I have to give Hannyabal props for getting up after taking so many hits from Luffy. That is a hard thing to do. The guy surely has a good reason too so there is meaning for him to keep on going. Just that I want to see this get done soon. Is that too much to ask?

Sparkle Sparkle!

You know...It is kind of disturbing to see all those guys wanting to take a wiz with Buggy.

Still it was funny. To tell the truth I kind of forgot that this happen. It felt like it happen in a different episode. I guess it was that funny that it was out of place in this episode. Now that I think about it. I should have made one of these the opening image for this post. That would bring the people in to look at this post! haha

That was a lot of people who needed to take a wiz too.

SPARKLE SPARKLE!

That is one damn long leak...haha

So that explains how the poison disappear. I was kind of expecting Mr. 3 to do something about it but seems like Blackbeard took care of it (haven't read the manga for this part yet). Still these guys are grand. Thinking that Buggy had everything planned. They must have been locked up a long time to be willing to believe anything. Either way I don't care because it is funny as heck to watch. haha

If you never seen One Piece and thought that Hannyabal was the hero then this would look so epic. Seeing one guy standing up to all these villains. One vs. a hundred. I can see the movie poster now!

One man. A hundred prisoners. Who will win in this all out fight. Will he be able to hold his own or will he perish to allow the world fall to these evil doers! 


Dun dun dun~!

Still I have to say that this is one thing that I don't like about most people on the Government side. They always lump the pirates to be just a bad set of people. That there is no such thing as a good nature pirate. If only they take a look at some of their own men to see that there is a such thing as a bad nature Marine. Nezumi ring any bells? The guy that literally did Arlong's dirty work. He literally watched an island suffer under the grip of the evil fishman. I am sure there are other Marines but that is the only one I can think of.

Enters Blackbeard!

The guy literally steps on Hannyabal's speech. That is nice. Well it sucks since you kind of have to respect the guy for saying that. Then again Blackbeard never really respected anything.

Still there is some point to Blackbeard's claim about looking all over the sea and still not finding an answer. There are people in the real world who goes on searches to find the meaning of the world and end up with a lifetime of nothing. That is why I do my lifetime of nothing here at home. Cheaper. haha

Time for more random flashbacks!

I am just going to take care of them all in one instance. Just to prove how much flashback there was in the last seven minutes.

These flashbacks are useful to remind old fans of all the times that Blackbeard has been shown or mention. Some of these things has happen like 300ish episodes ago after all (Jaya was around episode 140).

Still seems like red means power to Blackbeard since he changed shirt colors when he became a Warlord. Still those were the days. The days where Blackbeard didn't have a beard. When he was a no beard. haha I guess it took him that long to grow a fine beard.

This is all Blackbeard's fault for not seeing this coming. I mean come on....The guys gets all steamy and you see him take a fighting pose. That isn't enough to ring a bell in your head to say that maybe he is going to punch you? I mean you literally just dissed his older brother and him. The guy is piss off as he is already and you just added more to it.

Just saying, you had it coming to you Blackbeard and boy was it fun to watch. haha

So that is the episode for you. It was kind of padded out with the flashbacks and the Hannyabal fight but at least that is behind us. I am kind of surprise that I took so many screenshots but there were a few that were worth getting. Hopefully the next episode won't be padded out. If so then I hope it is at least good.

Other: Females in Anime
 Since I haven't done a One Piece More in a long time. I need to take some time to announce this. I started another blog because of a school project. It is called Females in Anime. In this blog I take a look at how women in anime are treated by looking at different character types that females take. When you guys have the chance, take a look at what I have done so far and PLEASE leave a comment there. If anything just vote on the polls there.

That is all.

Preview
So next week's episode looks like an fight between Luffy and Blackbeard. I don't think we see any fist landing but something happens. Seems like Luffy is really piss off at Blackbeard for the whole Ace thing. I mean the guy did capture Ace just because his big brother wanted to protect him afterall. Then the big guy decided to laugh about it in front of Luffy's face.

We also see from the preview some action between Ivankov and SadiChan. A frame kind of shows Female Ivankov looking a bit manly. That is nice.

So next week's episode is going to be Darkness vs. Rubber. Not as awesome as Darkness vs. Sun but I guess it will do. My money is on Rubber.

Also for those who read this far, check out Females in Anime. I take a look at how women are treated in animes. Worth a read.

2 comments:

  1. This episode made it to one my top favorite episodes, especially the part wen Luffy meets Blackbeard, been waiting for that moment for a year now, since i read it in the manga..

    Cool post man, i'll make sure i check ur other blog... keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who the fuck writes this? A 12 years old kid?

    ReplyDelete