Friday, April 16, 2010

One Piece More: Entering the 'New Era'

I was planning to hold off with doing More pieces until I get caught up with all the other things like the Anime Matsuri post, interviews with Mike Mcfarland and Leah Clark and Females in Anime. Still some awesome news has been coming down the pipe about One Piece in the last twenty four hours that I just can't hold my excitement. I don't really do news reports and junk like that but whatever. This is an exception. haha


One Piece Hitting the Newsstands
Just some of the highlights that got me excited to do a post today. I think they are all pretty big news that any One Piece fan should be happy to hear.

New York Times Best Sellers List
You know, I didn't really expect anything One Piece related when I woke up this morning. Maybe take out my copy of Volume 39 and read some in my car before going to work. Anything to try to read five volumes of One Piece before the next edition of SPEED UP volumes in May. Still it kind of sad to see that not many of the One Piece SPEED UP volumes were making the New York Times Manga Best Seller List. Then I get to work and I see this in my Twitter.
@Anime News: New York Times Manga Best Seller List, April 4-10 http://4NN.cx/48334 #anime
-Anime News Network
According to the Anime News Network, One Piece volumes 39-43 were in the New York Times Manga Best Seller List for the last week. Not just one or two but all five of them that came out this past week. After being off the list for many weeks, One Piece is back on the map. It isn't number one but if you look at the list then you can see that One Piece has taken the five though nine spots on the list. Below is the list for those that can't see via the link:

1) Rosario + Vampire Season II, Volume 1
2) Yu-Gi-Oh R, Volume 4
3) Naruto, Volume 47
4) Gentlemen's Alliance Cross, Volume 11
5) One Piece, Volume 40
6) One Piece, Volume 39
7) One Piece, Volume 41
8) One Piece, Volume 43
9) One Piece, Volume 42
10) Black Butler, Volume 1

That is awesome to see. Glad to see all the fans coming together and buying One Piece. I guess everybody else who weren't buying the manga blindly (looks at me) were just waiting for CP9. If not and you just felt like buying these One Piece volumes then that is cool! Keep it up!

New York Times's Coverage of One Piece
Then to add more to the awesome cake we have the New York Times covering One Piece's volume explosion on the Manga Best Sellers List. Below is the link and source.
JB: #OnePiece is taking over! Welcome to the dawn of a new pirate era! http://nyti.ms/bF4guL -ShonenJump
And yes, I kind of stole the title of this blogpost from Shonen Jump. Hey! It was fitting! haha

The piece covered mostly some back history of One Piece and mention how popular it is. It is a nice piece to see and glad to have One Piece being the main talk of the article. I don't remember the last time One Piece was mention in the New York Times online edition but it is great to see it mention.

Episodes of One Piece on Viz's Steaming Site
Then to round up all that has happen just so far today for One Piece, seems like Viz has announced that they will be steaming One Piece via their steaming site. So for some reason if you don't like watching One Piece via Funimation's site (onepieceofficial.com) then there is always the Viz site.
HL: Anchors aweigh! #OnePiece episodes now on vizanime.com! http://bit.ly/alCViS
-Viz Media
It is nice to see that Viz and Funimation finally working together and pushing One Piece. Both are rival companies but they are sharing One Piece. So I think it is about time that they started this and wondering what the hold up was. Still another source to watch One Piece. They are all subtitled and they are one episode behind the Funimation stream but still a great place to see the old episodes.

Still today has been an awesome day in One Piece news on the American side. I really hope that we keep on hearing good things about One Piece. Let some of that good stuff come here in American and not hog it all in Japan. We have enter the 'New Era' last year in American when One Piece was simulcasted now let keep it up!

BlogTweets
Another thing that I was holding off on doing but I guess I do it here.

So a few weeks ago I asked the question via Twitter: Would you show One Piece to your parents?

I was just wondering since I know some adults watch One Piece and anime. My parents just see anime as cartoons (which it is) but in One Piece in Japan is enjoyed by people of all ages! My parents have seen bits and pieces of it and as in that I mean they only seen what is being shown on the TV as they walk in to see that my cousin, little brother and I are watching the new DVD sets. So I was wondering if it would be a good idea to show my parents One Piece just to let them know what I am watching. I was very surprise with the amount of response that I got and the response themselves.
Tell them it has more sales then Harry Potter
-mdmartin182
I could so tell them that since the latest volume in Japan just exploded. haha It is kind of like Harry Potter too but with no magic and is much better. haha
 I would! I think Mom would enjoy it, but my Dad would just make fun of how goofy it is. He'd still watch though. :)
-sailorsamus
 Ma and I a wait each new set and I pre-order through her (typically I still pay, though).
-JacobYBM
I would show it to my mother but not my father.
-hisuiRT
Ha. Yes, my mom loves that show. >.<
-ItbeMacKenzie
I am so happy to hear that your parents have love the show. That take guts to ask them if they would watch it. I have no idea how you got them to watch it but that is cool to see that both your and them enjoy it.

Absolutely! I think my mom wud love it! She likes pirate movies! :)
-Lena
Well One Piece is kind of like a pirate movie. haha I mean Shanks does look hot if I do say so myself. I mean not like I would know or anything. I think we can draw in the ladies with his rugged look and awesome voice. Yeah....He so could. haha

Still I am not sure what I need to do to draw my parents into watching One Piece. I don't think my dad would be interested since he doesn't seem like the guy that would watch cartoons. I may have better luck with my mom when getting her to watch One Piece. She sometimes watches some of the things my little brother is watching on Cartoon Network. She would comment that it is bad animation or something but that is all. So maybe I give her a try one day. haha

So smile it up One Piece fans! We have made it this far and good things have happen! Keep supporting the series and let people know that One Piece is awesome!

I so know that this post is a bit messy and rushed but I felt that this one had to be up fast. Still for those that are awaiting my other post as in my recap of Anime Matsuri, interviews with Mike Mcfarland and Leah Clark and my Females in Anime blog then hold on! They are coming! I been busy with school work. Females in Anime is a school project and I have to make it look good for presentation to my professor. There are also big projects that I have to do and essays to write. Still wait for it and you will be impressed! I am hoping to have a new post in Females in Anime up tonight and Anime Matsuri will be finished up this weekend. If not then....Well just expect them to be up soon!

Also you may have notice that the blog looks a bit different now. Maybe a bit more brighter? Sunnier? Well that is all because of Narutaki from Reverse Thieves. Narutki kindly took the time and effort to make a new banner for One Piece at a Time and did an awesome job a it! I love it! I always wanted to have the Going Merry as the first thing you see as you enter the site and now we do! I like the idea of us just sailing together as we see what is going on in One Piece, one piece at a time! Still special thanks goes to Narutaki. I decided to just change the template all together in order to match the brighter feel that the banner has. There is still more changes coming along as summer comes along but because of Narutaki it be much easier. Also give Narutaki's blog a look at! Narutaki and Hisui are great friends of mines from Twitter and they do a very interesting style of blogging! Expect them on the Blogrollin as soon as I welcome them the normal way.

So have a great weekend and make sure to watch the new One Piece episode on Saturday via OnePieceOfficial.com (If you live in the US)! So till next time! WOOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment