Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Manga: No New Chapter (SPOILERS)

SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!! SPOILERS!!!
Celebrate Golden Week right! Buy One Piece manga from Viz!

This week is Golden Week for the people of Japan. From what I can gather, Golden Week is a series of holidays that span for a week in Japan. Kids get the week off and lots of business are closed. Still what does this mean for us people outside of Japan that follow the One Piece manga from Japan?

No new One Piece chapter this week!

So we just got off a week break two weeks ago and then got two new chapters then we are on another week break this week. I am not complaining. Still not sure what to do with this post since not much has happen since the last break. We just got saw how the world is being affected by the lack of Whitebeard and given the hint of a higher power that could be the Five Elders or the World Government or something we don't know. Then we saw that Luffy has waken up really upset which lead us to the first part of a flashback of Luffy and Ace's past.

So right now is just of a good time to make predictions of what will happen next. Still I don't want to make predictions. There are a few reasons why. One of them is because I don't want to overhype myself on something that won't happen. The other and most important reason is because I don't feel like it. haha Instead I asked you guys to make some predictions of what will happen next!

So I went to the comments, email and Twitter to find what you guys told me and all I got was stuff from Twitter! So Twitter-ing we shall go!
"Well, since this is Luffy's flashback, it has to turn tragic at one point, sadly. I'm not sure if it'll be the same length as Nico Robin's or Norland-Calgara bur I'm expecting more than 1 more chapter."
-ZeroXOmega from Twitter
I can see that happening. Something has to happen that is tragic but not huge where it scars Luffy and Ace for life. I just saying this based on the fact that both Luffy and Ace are still alive up to at least Marineford. (Because we know that Ace isn't really alive anymore if you catch my drift.) Whatever happen in the past made Luffy and Ace close as brothers. We may not know what happen but something did happen. 


As in length, I kind of hope this flashback isn't too long. It will be more then one chapter and I am hoping it be around or less then Robin's flashback. Nothing as long as the whole Norland-Calgara thing that could fill up a whole volume. I loved their flashback while reading it as the manga but I don't want to follow this flashback chapter by chapter. haha It sounds daunting. Also I am kind of wanting to get back to 'adventure' time. haha
"Sibling rivalry turned to respect. I don't know if he needs more tragedy. Would be hilarious though."
-ssaapodcast from Twitter
That seems like the most likely thing to happen. Luffy and Ace didn't look all buddy buddy there when they first saw each other. I mean Ace spat at Luffy for goodness sakes. I am not sure if he was jealous of Luffy with him being with Garp but I don't think that is the right way to greet somebody. Don't know if there will be tragedy but it be interesting to see how it could be fit in. If anything I am hoping this will be funny since I feel like we need a bit of comedy. haha
"In all seriousness, I hope the Straw Hats get back together tho or we see more than just Luffy's story."
-SamKusek from  Twitter 
"Bit more flashback and hopefully the next 20 chapters will be how the crew gets back cuz its been too long without them ya?" -AndrewVC15 from Twitter
OH YES! I so hope we will see the StrawHats get back together soon. I would want to see the StrawHats come back together sometime in the next twenty chapters. Though guessing how Oda is, he may know we are thinking the StrawHats will be back together in the next twenty chapters. So he may just pull a fast one on us and make us wait longer then whatever we are thinking. The ability to surprise us chapter after chapter is Oda's main talent and that is how he keeps drawing us in. If One Piece was as predictable as that then it wouldn't be as popular as it is. 


Still I would like us to see the StrawHats in some form or way. May it be them all back together or a chapter to see what they are doing. Just something please. I mean I clearly need my Nami fix if you can't tell. haha May 2010 be the year that we see the StrawHats together as one big happy family.


So that is it! I hope all of my Japanese readers have a great Golden Week and I hope all of my non Japanese readers have a great Golden Week! Next week we return to One Piece and a look into Luffy's past! May that be golden!

No comments:

Post a Comment